Fill-In-the-Draw #37: CHAMPIONSHIPS 2005 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 28th, 2005, 10:00 PM   #1
country flag alwayshingis

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute
Fill-In-the-Draw #37: CHAMPIONSHIPS 2005

I'm posting this thread now so that I can explain how the rules of this game will be applied to the championships.

Like the WTA championships, the top 8 players only will be eligible to play this event. There will be alternates in place who may make picks in case one of the top 8 players do not pick.

THE FINAL STANDINGS:
1- alwayshingis
2- jrm
3- silverwhite
4- ZAK
5- hotwine8
6- ma261988
7- QuickyMonster
8- Scorpioo

Alt: Bart
Alt: KuzyIsNo1

The competitors will be drawn into 2 groups of 4 (like the championships). The top 2 finishers in each group after the Round Robin points are tallied, will advance to the SEMIFINALS, and the top two players after the semifinal points will advance to the final.

In your post, you will pick the winners of ALL of the Round Robin matches. Based on your Round Robin predictions, you will take the top two players you predict to advance in each group and predict the winners of the semifinals and the final. If, based on your round robins predictions, two players are tied for second place in a group, you must CHOOSE one which player advances to the semis. REMEMBER: you must pick all Roudn Robin matches, the semifinals, and the finals in the same post.
-If you are unsure about how to do it, just ask me to clarify, or use my picks as a guide.

If someone withdraws after the groups are made (doubtful), I will post instructions about changing your picks. I hope it doesn't come to that. Have fun everyone!

Last edited by alwayshingis : Nov 7th, 2005 at 01:50 AM.
alwayshingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2005, 07:01 PM   #2

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute
Championships Point System:

For every Correct Round Robin prediction: 121 points
For every Correct Semifinal Prediction: 340 points
A Correct Winner Predition: 485 points

So...2617 points available at the Championships!
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 01:15 AM   #3
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute
Am i garanteed to be second at least?

I'm happy with that!!!
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 12:18 PM   #4
country flag QuicKyMonSter
Team WTAworld
Official Stalker

QuicKyMonSter has disabled reputation
interesting!
QuicKyMonSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 07:05 PM   #5
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute
This could get really complicated ... what if i chose someone for SF who won 2 matches (let's say another one won 2 matches in the group) but because of the head-to-head or lesser sets lost she won't advanced?
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm
This could get really complicated ... what if i chose someone for SF who won 2 matches (let's say another one won 2 matches in the group) but because of the head-to-head or lesser sets lost she won't advanced?
Yeah, that is the risk in the championships. You have to make that choice.

It should get less complicated once the tournament begins.

Last edited by alwayshingis : Nov 7th, 2005 at 02:09 AM.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #7

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 8 CHAMPIONS!

ALWAYSHINGIS

JRM

SILVERWHITE

ZAK (W/D)

HOTWINE8

MA261988 (W/D)

QUICKYMONSTER

SCORPIOO

ALTERNATE: KUZYISNO1

ALTERNATE: MAT87TO

Last edited by alwayshingis : Nov 9th, 2005 at 03:28 AM.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 09:08 PM   #8

THE GROUPS
Drawn using the WTA Championships System

BLUE GROUP
alwayshingis (picked)
silverwhite (picked)
mat87to (picked)
QuickyMonster (picked)

RED GROUP
jrm (picked)
KuzyIsNo1 (picked)
hotwine8 (picked)
Scorpioo (picked)

Alternates: Bart, KuzyIsNo1 (picked) - You may also make picks in the event that one or more of our champions does not make picks, if that occurs, you will replace that champion in the groups.

Last edited by alwayshingis : Nov 9th, 2005 at 03:12 AM.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 09:26 PM   #9
country flag FedererFan84

FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of
Great, this sounds fun! The draws will be posted here right?

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean
FedererFan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 10:53 PM   #10
country flag jrm

I got the harder group
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 11:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm
I got the harder group
I was going to say I did!
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 01:50 AM   #12

GROUPS:
Green:
Davenport
Sharapova
Schnyder
Petrova

Black:
Clijsters
Mauresmo
Pierce
Dementieva

Picking may commence!!
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 02:03 AM   #13

FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of
GREEN GROUP
Davenport def Sharapova
Davenport def Schnyder
Davenport def Petrova
Sharapova def Schnyder
Sharapova def Petrova
Petrova def Schnyder

SEMIFINALISTS Davenport and Sharapova

BLACK GROUP
Clijsters def Mauresmo
Clijsters def Pierce
Clijsters def Dementieva
Mauresmo def Dementieva
Pierce def Mauresmo
Dementieva def Pierce

SEMIFINALISTS Clijsters and Pierce

SEMIFINALS
Clijsters def Davenport
Clijsters def Sharapova
Clijsters def Pierce
Sharapova def Davenport
Sharapova def Pierce
Davenport def Pierce

FINALISTS Clijsters and Sharapova

FINALS
Clijsters def Sharapova

Old Nov 7th, 2005, 02:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwine8
GREEN GROUP
Davenport def Sharapova
Davenport def Schnyder
Davenport def Petrova
Sharapova def Schnyder
Sharapova def Petrova
Petrova def Schnyder

SEMIFINALISTS Davenport and Sharapova

BLACK GROUP
Clijsters def Mauresmo
Clijsters def Pierce
Clijsters def Dementieva
Mauresmo def Dementieva
Pierce def Mauresmo
Dementieva def Pierce

SEMIFINALISTS Clijsters and Pierce

SEMIFINALS
Clijsters def Davenport
Clijsters def Sharapova
Clijsters def Pierce
Sharapova def Davenport
Sharapova def Pierce
Davenport def Pierce

FINALISTS Clijsters and Sharapova

FINALS
Clijsters def Sharapova
This is correct as far as the pick format, except players from the same group cannot play each other in the semis, so you did not need to pick clijsters v. pierce semi or the davenport v. sharapova semi because those cannot happen.

Other than that, use hotwine8's picks as a guide.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 02:17 AM   #15

Thanks alwayshingis!