Sybille Bammer Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #91
country flag Natalicious

Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sybille Bammer Thread

Thursday, April 6, 2007

I'm happy with my performance today against Karolina Sprem. I won, 62 63, and I'm now in the quarterfinals. She was hitting it very hard and we didn't have so many long rallies but that was good for me as I like playing against that style. I was hitting some very good wide serves on the deuce side in the first set, some aces. I held serve at the start of the second set and had a few break points to go up 2-0 but then lost my focus and had to come back from 3-1 in the second set.

I'm used to being behind in sets and coming back to win them because I try to be a big fighter in my matches. I admire Thomas Muster, who was No.1 in the men's and was from Austria; he won so many matches and was an unbelievable fighter. Although I don't think of him during my matches, I've always tried to be a fighter just like him. I think it helps too that my ranking is getting better and better, so I have more confidence and believe in myself a lot more even when I'm down.

After the match we went out and practiced for an hour, then the normal routine of running then stretching too, and today I also had a sauna. I had lunch at around 3:30pm, and then we went back to the hotel. When we got back I actually played some more tennis - with Tina! There are courts next to the hotel and she wanted to play so of course I did. She was playing well, too. She is already hitting her forehand really well, and her backhand is getting better and better. She's doing very well for five and a half years old!

We went to dinner tonight again, but this time to a restaurant on the beach. I had chicken caesar salad and Tina had pasta with tomato sauce - not chicken fingers again! We just got back now from dinner actually. We're looking at some of the pictures she was drawing during my match today. She usually draws or writes while I'm playing. During my last match she wrote "I love you mom, I hope you win" and in today's match she wrote "Mom I love you very much". It's really nice!

It's getting really quiet around the tournament site now that we're later in the week and lots of the players have left, some to go to Charleston already. The practice courts aren't anywhere near as busy. We are friends with some of the other players, German players such as Julia Schruff but also others like Eva Birnerova. Sometimes we get lunch or dinner with them, and we play some golf with them too. Tina likes them and they like her too, so it works out well. But none of them are here anymore so we're just keeping in our team now.

My next match is against Hantuchova or Cibulkova, they're playing now. I don't know so much about Cibulkova; I have read her name a few times but that's all, so my coach is on the court watching that match and will tell me about it when he gets back. I played Hantuchova once, in Stuttgart last year, and I lost in three sets. She's in great form, winning Indian Wells. She'll be a really tough match. But I'll give my best whoever it is and keep fighting. I'll try everything to win!

I'll talk to you all tomorrow afterwards.

Sybille
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #92
country flag Natalicious

Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute

good luck against hantuchova, i know you can kick her ass
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #93
country flag ViennaCalling
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Sybille

Tamira PASZEK
Na LI - Francesca SCHIAVONE - Roberta VINCI
Tamira's backhand, Roby's slice, Galina's dropshot

ViennaCalling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #94
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute

Sybille def. Hantuchova 2-6 6-2 6-2

Tamira PASZEK

Old Apr 6th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #95
country flag Escape

Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Sybille

I will get to see her on Eurosport tomorrow
Escape is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 07:58 AM   #96
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Sybilles Blog
Friday, April 6, 2007

Well I won my quarterfinal against Daniela Hantuchova today, 26 62 62, and I'm very happy about it. In the beginning I was a little nervous and didn't play well; I made lots of unforced errors and she was playing great. But after I lost the first set, I really started to play my game and it worked well. In the second and third set I was playing more like a clay court player, being aggressive but also using angles and getting a lot of balls back.

Before Indian Wells I had never beaten a Top 20 player, but this is my third Top 20 win. I'm doing better and better against the best players. I'm more relaxed and believe in myself more. In today's match I fought really hard, just like I talked about yesterday, and because of that I made her hit a lot more balls than her previous opponents I think. I tried to get as many balls back as I could, trying to get them really deep in the court, and so she had to start the point over again. When we played half a year ago I don't think I played as well and I still had my chances, so today I was confident I could do better.

I'm also thrilled because this is my first clay court semifinal on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour. Actually, this was the first time I even made the quarterfinals on clay! Before Indian Wells I got to play on clay in Acapulco; I thought going there would help me prepare for the clay court season. Unfortunately, I didn't move so well in that tournament and lost against a qualifier in the first round. But she was playing really well and I think I was sliding too much!

I spent most of my day at the tournament today. We slept in, had breakfast then played with Tina in the hotel (a card game called Black Pepper in English) and drew some pictures. After that Tina was watching a movie and Christophe stayed there, and me and my coach went to the courts at 11am to warm up. I had lunch over there, and the match between Golovin and Venus was so quick I had to prepare right away to play my match! Even though she lost, I think Venus, as well as Serena, will be in the top again pretty soon. Serena has won every match so far this year except the one I won, and Venus has been playing well too, so I think they'll both be high.

After my match, we went and hit some more balls. I like practicing as much as possible, even after I've finished a match. I like working really hard at my game. I've improved a lot in the last year and I don't want to stop. Anyway, after that I did some running, stretching, went to the whirlpool, went to physio (I've been feeling something in my elbow) and then my press conference. We grabbed dinner at the tournament then came back here, and that brings me to the blog!

I play the winner of Petrova and Safina in the semifinals tomorrow. They're both very good players and have similar games, so I'll just go on court and have fun, and give my best. I will do everything I can to win. We'll see what happens...

I'll talk to you all afterwards!

Sybille

-----

Tamira PASZEK

Old Apr 7th, 2007, 08:00 AM   #97
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Good luck against Nadia

Tamira PASZEK

Old Apr 7th, 2007, 09:35 AM   #98
country flag jarkko

jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all

Ich freue mich, dass du endlich sich von der besten Seite gezeigt hat Bravo und ich hoffe, dass du sich fürs Finale qualifizieren

Viel Glück gegen Nadia Petrova!

SWEDISH OPEN CHAMPION 2007
jarkko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 12:32 PM   #99
country flag tobi
Vamorza!

tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute

wonderful win

Good luck vs. Petrova now
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #100
country flag Natalicious

good luck against petrova
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 09:49 AM   #101
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Sybille lost 6-7 1-6

But great week though

Tamira PASZEK

Old Apr 8th, 2007, 09:49 AM   #102
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Sybille Bammer's Player Blog

AMELIA ISLAND, FL, USA - It has been a spectacular beginning to the season for Austria's Sybille Bammer. In February she claimed her first career Sony Ericsson WTA Tour title at Pattaya City and in March she made an even bigger splash at Indian Wells, reaching a Tier I semifinal for the first time. What's more is that she is the only woman this year to own a victory over Serena Williams. Now is your chance to get to know Bammer a little better, as she writes the latest Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Player Blog straight from Amelia Island.

-----

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Well, I lost my semifinal match against Nadia Petrova today. I don't think either of us played upto our level, but the first set was close and we both fought well. I was a little bit nervous. I didn't sleep very well last night. It's still new to me to be in the semis of such a big tournament so I think I was a bit too excited to sleep well. I couldn't find my game but I kept fighting and tried everything. In the first set I was down 4-1 but came back to 4-4; usually in a match you can change the momentum and find your way like that, and I gave my best, but she was just better today. I wish her good luck in the final, it should be a good one!

Normally I don't do so well during the clay court season, so I'm very happy I had such a good start here in Amelia Island. I found some of my best form on clay, and feel good with my sliding. Tonight we'll go out to dinner like the last few days, and maybe have a bit of a celebration afterwards. We leave for Charleston after breakfast tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to playing well there too.

I thought I'd tell you all one more funny thing Tina did, as this is my last day for the blog. This morning at around 9am Tina was telling us we had to hurry to get the car because she didn't want to miss the match - but my match was second on after 1pm. We had so much time! It was really funny.

I really enjoyed writing the blog this week - it was much more fun than the one I mentioned earlier this week, the one I wrote for the Austrian website! It was easy for me. I hope you all enjoyed it. I really appreciate all the support from my fans and I look forward to doing it all again soon!

Until next time,

Sybille

Tamira PASZEK

Old Apr 8th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #103
country flag tobi
Vamorza!

tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute

SF loss to Petrova

Anyway wonderful week and especially if you consider the surface is clay

Charleston Draw

Nicole Vaidisova CZE [1] has a BYE
Alina Jidkova RUS vs Michaella Krajicek NED [WC]
Virginie Razzano FRA vs Meghann Shaughnessy USA
Alicia Molik AUS vs Sybille Bammer AUT [15]

tough but I believe in her
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #104
country flag Escape

Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute

A great week for Sybille in AI

Tough draw in Charleston but she should at least make the 3rd round
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #105
country flag Escape

She beat Molik 6-3 6-1
Now crush Razzano again