Sybille Bammer Thread - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 02:01 PM   #76
country flag Nervenbuendel

Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future
Re: Sybille Bammer Thread

OK, Sybille was exhausted - as it can be seen on the scorelines of set number two and three. Emilie is a tricky players maybe she worked with the power of Sybille's hits. Nevermind, take a short timeout and visit the alligator-farms in Florida with your lovely daughter and your partner.

The Bammer show will continue I have no doubt in this.

Last edited by Nervenbuendel : Mar 24th, 2007 at 05:16 PM.
Nervenbuendel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 03:00 PM   #77
country flag ViennaCalling
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute

Sybille

Have a rest and come back strong

Tamira PASZEK
Na LI - Francesca SCHIAVONE - Roberta VINCI
Tamira's backhand, Roby's slice, Galina's dropshot

ViennaCalling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 01:07 AM   #78
country flag tobi
Vamorza!

tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute

Sybille in Amelia Island

First round vs. Tammy Tanasugarn

good luck
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:58 PM   #79
country flag tobi
Vamorza!

tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute

Sybille into the 2nd round

63 61 vs. Tammy
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM   #80
country flag Natalicious

Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute

sybille bammer writes this week the blog for wtatour.com

April 2, 2007

© Sony Ericsson WTA Tour

Sybille Bammer's Player Blog

AMELIA ISLAND, FL, USA - It has been a spectacular beginning to the season for Austria's Sybille Bammer. In February she claimed her first career Sony Ericsson WTA Tour title at Pattaya City and in March she made an even bigger splash at Indian Wells, reaching a Tier I semifinal for the first time. What's more is that she is the only woman this year to own a victory over Serena Williams. Now is your chance to get to know Bammer a little better, as she writes the latest Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Player Blog straight from Amelia Island.

-----

Monday, April 2, 2007

Hello, everyone! I'm really looking forward to my week here in Amelia Island and writing this blog. It's not the first time I've written a blog. I wrote a diary for a website in Austria for half a year, but I stopped because I just wasn't enjoying it. It was a lot of work but they also put it up exactly how I wrote it, so it wasn't very good; I am not a very good writer! But I have a feeling this one will be better, and I look forward to letting my fans know a bit more about my life on the Tour.

Indian Wells was such a great tournament for me. I was so happy I played that well there; I was playing just like I do in practice and it was a big step in the right direction, a huge confidence boost. My best memory was my match with Tatiana Golovin; it was my first win on a big stadium court so I was really happy about it. I think what has been working really well lately is that I'm using being a lefty more to my advantage; I'm playing the lefty game with angles on the forehand then following with down-the-lines, and mixing it up with topspin and flat shots as well. Anyway, I had a really good week in Indian Wells.

I was getting lots of questions in Indian Wells on what it's like travelling with a child and being a professional player at the same time. Everyone wanted to know about it. It's great. My boyfriend stopped his work to come to tournaments with me. When I'm practicing he is looking after my daughter, Tina; when I'm done playing we will do it together but for now it's working. Tina is a great supporter, she watches all my matches; but it is not always easy! Sometimes she just wants to have other kids around to play with so they have to do something with her during matches. We have this big bag filled with just toys; there's one game in there that's helping her learn some new English words, but one thing she always loves to play is Uno, the card game. It always works!

This is my second time in Amelia Island. Last year I lost first round but already this year I'm in the second round as I won my first match today. I was really happy with the win over Tamarine Tanasugarn; it was a tough match, and my first of the year on clay. We had a lot of close games. I was happy with some of the forehand angles I was hitting. This is a very nice tournament - a big club, enough courts to practice, and lots of places to relax. There's a beach too.

I lost early in Miami so I had a little bit more time to prepare for this tournament. On clay things are much different, so that's important. Normally hardcourts are my favorite but I grew up on clay so I should have some fun this week too!

Right now it's about 7pm... I think tonight we will just go back to the hotel, play some games with Tina and go to sleep early. In the morning we'll go to the beach perhaps and play with Tina. I'm practicing in the early afternoon.

I'll talk to you afterwards!

Sybille

-----

Check out Sybille's official website at www.sybillebammer.at.
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:22 PM   #81
country flag Escape

Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sybille
Now plays Razzano

Look foward to reading more of Sybille's blog
Escape is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 07:35 AM   #82
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute

Nice blog

Tamira PASZEK

Old Apr 4th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #83
country flag Natalicious

Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

So I did have an early night last night. After doing the blog we had dinner at the tennis club restaurant, then went to sleep around 10pm. The restaurant was really good. I had fish and vegetables and Tina had some spaghetti with tomato sauce and chicken tenders. She doesn't like burgers or fries, which is unusual for kids! She also likes fruits and vegetables, and of course sweets. Her favorite is chocolate, especially the milk chocolate you can find in Austria.

We slept in this morning then had a relaxed breakfast, and because it was just a wonderful day today we went to the beach. Tina found shark teeth; she yelled out to us, "I found teeth from a shark!" At first we didn't believe it but she was right, that's what it was. She gave them to me and said I'm not allowed to lose them, so I have to keep an eye on them. We went swimming a bit but the waves were so strong that Tina fell over. I had to keep an eye on her too!

I had my practice early in the afternoon and it was very good. We practiced an hour and a half, working on everything from the lefty angles I talked about in yesterday's entry as well as my net game. A lot of my drills are working on me coming into net after a rally. During this time Tina was also having a lesson! There was a coach giving a lesson on the next court, and they asked her if she wanted to play so of course she did it. She was with them for about an hour. I didn't see it, but my boyfriend Christophe said when she was done she came off the court and said, "The practice was so hard I'm powered out!" After practice I went for a 20-minute run and then did some stretching.

We then went back to the hotel and relaxed for a bit. I was playing Polly Pocket with Tina. We watch movies sometimes but most of the time we watch some of the sports on TV, such as basketball, soccer, golf, and of course tennis if it's on. Actually, right now Tina is watching Spongebob Squarepants.

Yesterday I talked about how important Indian Wells was for me but I have also had some other great moments so far this year, the most important one being my win over Serena Williams in Hobart. It gave me a lot of confidence, and when I beat her I knew I could beat anyone if I played as well as I did that day. I'm trying to play like I did then, just being calm and focused on every point.

The title in Pattaya City was also really big for me. When I got there my back was injured and I thought I wouldn't be able to play, but I was so happy I was able to play and eventually win it. The final against Gisela Dulko was a close, very tough match; she had three match points. I just believed in my game.

But this is a new week and I have my second round tomorrow against Virginie Razzano. It's going to be a tough one. I want to have fun and play my game but I know I'll have to be concentrated on every point too and give it my best. I've only played her one time before at Linz in 2005 and I won; that was a big win for me, in my hometown, and with my fans, friends and family there to cheer me on. But tomorrow is a new match. I think both of us are better players now.

I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

Sybille

like everybody thought
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #84
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Sybille def. Razzano 6-1 6-1

Now against Sprem! Good luck

BTW nice blog entry

Tamira PASZEK

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #85
country flag tobi
Vamorza!

Another solid win

Now good luck vs. Karolina
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #86
country flag Jogi

Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute

great scoreline
she's in huge form, keep going Sybille

nice blog btw
Jogi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #87
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Hello again everyone!

I'm happy to say I won my second round match against Virginie Razzano. I'm getting more and more used to playing on clay again, and I definitely played better than I did in my first match. My movement and sliding are getting better, I'm hitting the ball deeper and was making her run as well. When I first played her, two years ago, it was a different match. I think I'm a better player now.

Today was a busy day. After we had breakfast at the hotel, my coach and I went to the courts for warm-up and practice, until about 11am. I was supposed to play after Li and Sprem and they finished quickly, so our timing was perfect.

At about 2pm, after I finished my match, we practiced for another 40 minutes or so, then I went for a short run, stretched and showered. Lunch was after that and then I went to an autograph session, which was really fun. It was relaxed, easy and not even that long. I like meeting my fans, especially the shy ones, because I am also a little bit shy and so I know how they feel! Tina came along and a few times they would ask if she could be in the picture too. She also took a photo of me, which I have included in today's blog. Isabelle from the WTA let her use her camera for it. I think it is a pretty good picture!

We all went back to the hotel around 4pm and I did some laundry by myself. Then we all went to play mini-golf, which is only a few minutes from the hotel. We went to that park on Monday as well. It was a close round; Christophe won and my coach was just one shot behind him, and I was two behind him. Tina really wanted to play and liked it a lot. On a few holes she did better than me even! After that, we went to Appleby's for dinner. I had chicken parmesan; Tina had chicken fingers, of course!

Tomorrow I am playing Karolina Sprem, who beat Li Na. They both have similar game styles - hitting the ball very hard and fast. Sprem was in the Top 20, and Li is in the Top 20 right now; but Sprem did great today, she must be playing well. I lost to her twice a few years ago but one of those was pretty close, and I think I've improved since then, so hopefully I'll do better. I'll give everything to win.

Another early night tonight, probably. We'll probably read Sleeping Beauty to Tina tonight before I get some sleep for tomorrow.

Talk to you all then!

Sybille

Tamira PASZEK

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #88
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Nice as usual

Tamira PASZEK

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #89
country flag Natalicious

yeah it really is
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #90
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Sybille def. Karolina Sprem 6-2 6-3

Tamira PASZEK