Too much pressure on such a young upcoming player? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 24th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #1
country flag Sinnet

Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all
Too much pressure on such a young upcoming player?

Alexus Jones, being renowned as the top player in the world at her age (age 8) is receiving an awful lot of attention and hype for someone so young. Her website (http://alexusjones.com) is all talk about how she's the future of tennis. Isn't she a bit young to be saying that? And isn't that putting a lot of pressure on her to perform big?

Do you think she has any chance at actually becoming the next, say, Serena Williams?
Sinnet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 24th, 2005, 10:48 PM   #2
country flag Blonde_Ambition7

Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute
"trains 6 hours a day 6 days a week"

i dunno, i think it's a little much for a little girl. i think her parents or whoever are trying very hard to make her the next serena williams.

Blonde_Ambition7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #3
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
WOW! I was at first like this girl has a bright future. Then I kept scrolling down and I was like this is a phoney web site. She can't possibly know all these famous coaches and actually train with them. Then I realized this kid has alot of people in her corner who are going to make her a star. She has raw talent.

Yet, she is so young and she could burn out. I am actually looking forward to see how she develops on the WTA tour.

Anyway, I think she is gonna be good. Just a feeling she has DIVA written all over her. She seems to have that X factor.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 12:30 AM   #4
country flag cartmancop

cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future
Is there anywhere on that site that shows results of tournaments etc. I found an Alexus Jones on the Florida USTA ranks that played one small tournament in the G10s & killed everybody... I guess that's her

also found her name on tennisinformation.com where she played a couple of G14s & won 2 & lost 2 I think in October.
cartmancop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 03:05 AM   #5
country flag netgain

netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmancop
Is there anywhere on that site that shows results of tournaments etc. I found an Alexus Jones on the Florida USTA ranks that played one small tournament in the G10s & killed everybody... I guess that's her

also found her name on tennisinformation.com where she played a couple of G14s & won 2 & lost 2 I think in October.
8 Years old winning in the 14 age group. I would say that is somthing special.
netgain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 04:24 AM   #6
country flag Munchen

Munchen has a reputation beyond repute Munchen has a reputation beyond repute Munchen has a reputation beyond repute Munchen has a reputation beyond repute Munchen has a reputation beyond repute Munchen has a reputation beyond repute Munchen has a reputation beyond repute Munchen has a reputation beyond repute Munchen has a reputation beyond repute Munchen has a reputation beyond repute Munchen has a reputation beyond repute
Incredible.

#1 FOREVER

Venus Williams Justine Henin Amelie Mauresmo Elena Dementieva
Munchen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 04:41 AM   #7
country flag PaulieM

PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute
she seems like she should have been on that show sports kids moms and dads she's got a lot of big people behind her at a very young age which can often mean a ton of pressure. she seems to be doing well so far and i hope it all works out well for her. she's really cute and as long as she loves tennis then all the best to her.

Venus: Wimbledon Champion 2005

Amelie Mauresmo- Amazing! YEC Champ 2005, AO 2006 CHAMP!!

Myskina, Davenport, Kuznetsova, Golovin, Ivanovic, Pierce, Schnyder, Mirza, Benesova

Lindsay Lee Waters, A-L Groenefeld, Dally Randriantefy, Nadia Petrova, Alicia Molik, Kim Clijsters

Roger Federer Forever!

"I was ready to die on the court today"-Amelie Mauresmo
PaulieM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 02:48 AM   #8
country flag netgain

netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice netgain is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchen
Incredible.
I see on her website that Vera Zvonareva's coach Lex Carrington has also coached Alexus. With top coaching like this how can you go wrong. Not offten will you see a top WTA touring coach working with an 8 year old.
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 02:52 AM   #9
country flag Oneofakind0490

Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute
I liked the site when it had music. Now it doesnt.

Anyway I expect this topic to turn into if her parents are evil people or not

+Serena Williams+Mary Pierce+Christina McHale+
Oneofakind0490 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 02:57 AM   #10
country flag netgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneofakind0490
I liked the site when it had music. Now it doesnt.

Anyway I expect this topic to turn into if her parents are evil people or not
I hope not because then we have to say the same about ever tennis champion's parents in the past 20 years. Williams Sharapova ETC.
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 03:54 AM   #11
country flag Zauber

Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of
tooooo early
Zauber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote