oO MaRtA DoMaChOwSka Fan Club Oo - Page 249 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #3721
country flag adam_ads_n
Team WTAworld

adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute
Re: oO MaRtA DoMaChOwSka Fan Club Oo

Good 1st round draw. Marta should go through easily And then - let's see how she used the training in the academy
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #3722
country flag Vamos Feńa

Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute

I admire your faith in her.

After Katowice I felt so bad for her, she looked so lost. That match made me think that phrases like: "she should win it", "she should go easily", "should win 3 matches" do not apply to Marta.

Thank you for those 10 years

Last edited by Vamos Feńa : May 18th, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Vamos Feńa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #3723
country flag Jerem
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike9g View Post
I meant that after really solid training and with her permanent aim to go back to Top100, she should win that all matches and there is no doubt about it. Panova or Barrois are ok but common ... if not with them, with who does she want to win?
Panova, Barrois and Parra Santonja are all former top 100 players There's no doubt she has the talent to beat them but she won't succeed just due to her "permanent aim to go back to the top 100"... Ivanovic's permament goal is to take back her No.1 spot, you know
She hasn't played for several weeks, and her results so far this year hasn't been very fantastic. Of course I wish her all the best, but losing to these players wouldn't be that surprising. She will surely need some patience to develop her confidence and find back her very best level anyway, the kind of things you can't do in just 3-4 weeks
Jerem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #3724
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

What a mess this was

Hopefully she can play better tomorrow

Adrian. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #3725
country flag adam_ads_n
Team WTAworld

adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute

We don't know if she played awfully bad or it was her rival who played well. We only know that she did not have easy times with her service Still - win is a win, hopefully it was just a slow start. Tommorow: Parra Santonja
Old May 18th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #3726
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

A win is a win! Nice job, Marta! Hope she can pull the upset tomorrow!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #3727
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Up to the pt. she was down a break 3-4* I agree the stats didn't look good. But from there to the end of the match her only hiccup was when she was broken back after she led 2-0 in the second. She pretty much dominatd from 3-4* in the first. I think she can ush Parra. Parra is now ranked under 200 so she is also not at her best.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #3728
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike9g View Post
I meant that after really solid training and with her permanent aim to go back to Top100, she should win that all matches and there is no doubt about it. Panova or Barrois are ok but common ... if not with them, with who does she want to win?
this is the logic of fans you can't really discuss with. they believe she still has a top 100 potential but at the same time she's not supposed to win against anybody half-decent.
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #3729
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Panova just withdrew so if she can get by Parra, granted no easy task, she will play Daniels, who is ranked 514. This is a great chance.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #3730
country flag Jerem
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
Panova just withdrew so if she can get by Parra, granted no easy task, she will play Daniels, who is ranked 514. This is a great chance.
Indeed, there's a good opportunity to take now
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #3731
country flag Jerem
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouc View Post
this is the logic of fans you can't really discuss with. they believe she still has a top 100 potential but at the same time she's not supposed to win against anybody half-decent.
No, that's not the point. She has a top 100 potential (she has already proved it), but she will need more than just "potential" to be considered again as a favourite against players ranked 100-150 spots above her. She has won only 2 matches this year (yesterday was her 3rd) so we can't really say she's currently confident in spite of her motivation, that's all If she qualifies for the main draw in Strasbourg (that would be great, she was the finalist there in 2005), then it will be definitely a good start
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #3732
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerem View Post
No, that's not the point. She has a top 100 potential (she has already proved it), but she will need more than just "potential" to be considered again as a favourite against players ranked 100-150 spots above her. She has won only 2 matches this year (yesterday was her 3rd) so we can't really say she's currently confident in spite of her motivation, that's all If she qualifies for the main draw in Strasbourg (that would be great, she was the finalist there in 2005), then it will be definitely a good start
when? where? how? the fact that she used to be top 100 years ago doesn't mean (at all!) that she has a potential now to be there again. still, both her and linette need to take this opportunity, especially that q spots are rather weak.
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #3733
country flag Jerem
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouc View Post
when? where? how? the fact that she used to be top 100 years ago doesn't mean (at all!) that she has a potential now to be there again. still, both her and linette need to take this opportunity, especially that q spots are rather weak.
When she played in Katowice against Beck a month ago. During some parts of the match, she was really impressive (she was up 5-3 at a moment I think) and definitely showed a top 100 level. Then she fell apart mentally and finally lost the last 4 games of the match.
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #3734
country flag fouc

at me for trying to discuss with fans, gonna badrep myself
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #3735
country flag Jerem
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Did you see that match at least? She made some wonderful shots and great rallies (especially during the second set), some things a player ranked #286 wouldn't be able to produce so many times. It just shows she hasn't lost what used to be her strenghts.

In 2011 she was also playing quite good and went back to the top 150 (or nearly) after some years of disappointment, reaching the final of a 75k and winning a couple of other ITF's... I'm not even a big fan of her but still, you can't deny she has the game to be top 100 again. And if she has been top 40 already, of course she has the potential to make a return at least among the 100 best players