* Magdalena Rybarikova Thread * - Page 46 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 14th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #676
country flag Shepster

Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: * Magdalena Rybarikova Thread *

Learning to love/Liking the look of...
Zakopalova : Lucic : Krajicek : Cetkovska : Cibulkova
Gajdosova : Govortsova : Olaru : Robson : Pliskova
Shepster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #677
country flag Abhijeet4267

Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold

Great win and pics
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #678
country flag Escape

Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Magda on winning her 1st title
I look foward to seeing her at Wimbledon
Escape is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #679
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Birmingham F: Magdalena Rybarikova vs. Na Li

vs.

MATCH + CEREMONY: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=11057#p11057
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #680
country flag Albireo

Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexysova View Post
Birmingham F: Magdalena Rybarikova vs. Na Li

vs.

MATCH + CEREMONY: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=11057#p11057
And here I was just wondering, "I wonder if Sexysova got this one so I can finally see Magdalena play."

Bravo.
"If you practice for ten years, you may begin to please yourself, after 20 years you may become a performer and please the audience, after 30 years you may please even your guru, but you must practice for many more years before you finally become a true artist—then you may please even God." --Ali Akbar Khan, 1922-2009
Albireo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #681
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

So proud of Magda Great work!
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 12:10 AM   #682
country flag FanHochZwei

FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold
Pics from Birmingham semifinal and final

Credits: AFP, AP
FanHochZwei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #683
country flag FanHochZwei

FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold

Magda climb to a career high 42 when the rankings are released today. She was a
junior Wimbledon runner-up in 2006. It seems grass is her favourite surface. This week in Hertogenbosh she will face 5th seed Alyona Bondarenko in the 1st round.
FanHochZwei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 11:48 PM   #684
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute
ANNOUNCE: Andrew's Magdaléna Rybáriková website & Yahoo! Group

THE INDUCTION OF MAGDALÉNA RYBÁRIKOVÁ INTO ANDREW BROAD'S ETERNAL FANSHIP
Contents

1. My Vow of Eternal Fanship
2. Passion and Reason
3. The Members of my Eternal Fanship
4. My Website
5. My Match-Reports
6. The Magdaléna Rybáriková Yahoo! Group

1. My Vow of Eternal Fanship

I hereby induct Magdaléna Rybáriková into my Eternal Fanship.

From now on, and until the end of her career (or my life), I will follow her with the same level of dedication as the players of whom I'm already an Eternal Fan, to the maximum extent that my personal circumstances and available resources will allow.

This vow is permanent and irrevocable, and I seal it with my Word of Honour.

[Word of Honour: a promise that cannot be broken without disgrace]

2. Passion and Reason

Firstly, I want to make it clear that I am NOT jumping on the Magdaléna Rybáriková bandwagon just because she won Birmingham last week. I have liked Magda since I saw her first photos in 2005, and have been a demi-fan since I first saw her play: in the Girls' Singles final at Wimbledon 2006.

It has been a long, hard road for Magda to get from the Wimbledon Girls' Singles final to where she is today. She was sidelined between July and October 2006 with a pretty nasty foot-injury (a stress-fracture, I believe). She spent a long time grinding it out on the ITF Women's Circuit, then in 2008 she won a couple of singles-titles there, and finally achieved my basic wish: for her to establish herself as a regular player on the WTA Tour.

I've always had the Passion to be a Magda-fan - of course it helps that she's an absolute stunner! But to induct a player into my Eternal Fanship, I also require Reason: an appreciation of her brilliant tennis-qualities, and I finally got that when I watched Magda play at Birmingham last week. In fact, I pretty much made up my mind to induct her when she won her quarter-final with a brilliant performance against Urszula Radwańska (following her sensational win over top seed Zheng,Jie in the previous round), so winning the title was the icing on the cake!

As well as her obvious 'gorgeosity' factor, Magda is very entertaining to watch in tennis-terms. In many ways, she is a throwback to a bygone era with her excellent volleys, one-handed sliced backhands and dropshots. Yet she has upgraded that model to the modern era with a big serve and groundstrokes of flairsome power (one-handed on the forehand, two-handed on the backhand), with which she likes to go for the lines.

She hits plenty of brilliant winners!

3. The Members of my Eternal Fanship

1. Monica Seles (retired)
2. Maria Sharapova
3. Daniela Hantuchová
4. Jelena Dokić
5. Iva Majoli (retired)
6. Karina Habšudová (retired)
7. Vera Zvonarëva
8. Nicole Vaidišová
9. Anna Chakvetadze
10. Lucie Šafářová
11. Iroda Tulyaganova
12. Magdaléna Rybáriková

4. My Website

I have just opened the Magdaléna Rybáriková section of my personal website:

http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/rybar/

Still under construction, it features:

* My Magdaléna Rybáriková Biography: This already consists of a detailed appreciation of Magda's tennis-qualities (and other attributes), and will be followed by a tournament-by-tournament review of each year. I plan to add reviews of previous years later in 2009, the review of 2009 at the end of 2009, and thereafter update it only at the end of each subsequent calendar-year.

* My Match-Reports: a point-by-point description of Magda's matches that I've seen on TV or in person. The only tournaments there so far are the Wimbledon 2006 Girls' Singles and the French Open 2009. I will add my Birmingham eyewitness reports later this week.

* External links: every Magda-related web-page I know (and that I think is appropriate to include in a PG-rated website such as mine).

Coming soon:

* Matchography: the result of every match Magda has played that counts towards the WTA Singles Rankings. I'll try to update it within 24 hours of each such match once this section is up and running, but that could be a few months away, as I'm extremely busy.

I am well aware that Geocities will be closing down later this year. I will research alternative hosts for my website at an appropriate time after Wimbledon.

5. My Match-Reports
5.1 BBC-televised tournaments

1. The BBC currently televises women's tennis at the following tournaments:
* Australian Open;
* French Open;
* Wimbledon;
* Olympics.

2. I hereby vow to follow the BBC-televised tournaments with full-time dedication, posting round-by-round reports (singles only) for Magda whether I've actually seen her matches or merely followed them on the Internet.

3. I vow to watch and report on every Magda-match that is televised by the BBC, with the exceptions of those that aren't available on Freeview. These reports shall be known as "TV-reports".

4. For the BBC-televised tournaments only, I vow to follow live scores of any non-televised Magda-matches that take place between 08:30 GMT and 23:00 GMT (the BBC doesn't televise the Australian Open day-sessions, so I only stay up for them in exceptional circumstances). These reports shall be known as "scoreboard-reports".

5. During the BBC-televised tournaments, my report of each singles-match that Magda wins shall be released against the order of play that includes her next singles-match, while the report of a loss will have to wait until the end of the tournament, as I am always extremely busy during these tournaments, and it is my policy to follow the survivors (be they members of my Eternal Fanship or not) before I tend to the fallen.

6. I may suppress point-by-point descriptions from my reports until after the tournament, as quality is more important to me than timeliness. I vow to release the "full TV-reports" for any BBC-televised Magda-matches within a year of the tournament, although I'll do my best to release them within three months of the tournament if my busy schedule allows.

7. The only exceptions to my vows for BBC-televised tournaments shall be for technical reasons (such as a broken TV or broken Freeview-box) or medical emergencies.

5.2 Tournaments that I attend

1. I do not vow to attend any WTA tournaments, nor to base my decisions to attend on whether Magda is expected to play, but I vow that if I do attend a tournament, then I will report on any of Magda's matches that I have the opportunity to watch while I am there (subject to clashes with other members of my Eternal Fanship). These reports shall be known as "eyewitness reports".

2. I do not vow to be in possession of a working camera when I attend such matches, but I do vow to take photos of Magda if I am in possession of a working camera (and permitted to use it by whatever rules may be in force at the time).

3. For any Magda-matches that I do attend, I vow to release the eyewitness reports and any photos within a year of the tournament, although I'll do my best to release them within three months of the tournament if my busy schedule allows.

5.3 All other tournaments

Since I currently sacrifice 50 hours a week to my full-time job (when not following the BBC-televised tournaments or attending a tournament), I will follow other tournaments privately, without posting reports.

This even includes the US Open, which is not televised on any channels to which I have access, and is therefore not worth demanding two weeks' extra leave for - especially since the USTA has forbidden the distribution of videos from the US Open since 2007.

6. The Magdaléna Rybáriková Yahoo! Group

I have founded a Yahoo! Group for Magdaléna Rybáriková:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/magdalenarybarikova/

To the best of my knowledge, this Group is the only dedicated place to talk about Magda, other than this thread.

By joining this Group, you'll have the option to send and receive messages by email - including all my reports. Posts by new members are moderated, to ensure that no spam gets through. Unlike some Yahoo! Groups, this one gives you the option to hide your email-address.

This Group needs more members, so please join if you're a fan of Magda, or even if you like her just a little bit!

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
My Eternal Fanship: 1. Monica Seles; 2. Мария Шарапова (‘Maria Sharapova’); 3. Daniela Hantuchová; 4. Jelena Dokić; 5. Iva Majoli; 6. Karina Habšudová; 7. Вера Звонарёва (‘Vera Zvonarëva’); 8. Nicole Vaidišová; 9. Анна Чакветадзе (‘Anna Chakvetadze’); 10. Lucie Šafářová; 11. Ирода Туляганова (‘Iroda Tulyaganova’); 12. Magdaléna Rybáriková; 13. Sabine Lisicki
andrewbroad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 11:56 PM   #685
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute
French Open photos

Here are a couple of non-permanent photo-links that I would have included in my Magdaléna Rybáriková French Open reports, had I not made the transition from demi-fan to Eternal Fan between writing them and posting them here:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/pl...wta312580.html
http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/...s&p=rybarikova
My Eternal Fanship: 1. Monica Seles; 2. Мария Шарапова (‘Maria Sharapova’); 3. Daniela Hantuchová; 4. Jelena Dokić; 5. Iva Majoli; 6. Karina Habšudová; 7. Вера Звонарёва (‘Vera Zvonarëva’); 8. Nicole Vaidišová; 9. Анна Чакветадзе (‘Anna Chakvetadze’); 10. Lucie Šafářová; 11. Ирода Туляганова (‘Iroda Tulyaganova’); 12. Magdaléna Rybáriková; 13. Sabine Lisicki
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 02:44 AM   #686
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

Birmingham: Andrew's first-round eyewitness report & photos

=============
AEGON CLASSIC (Edgbaston, Birmingham, England; grass; WTA International)
=============
Contents
--------

1. Photos
2. First-round eyewitness-report: Rybáriková v Amanmuradova

The master-thread for my Birmingham 2009 reports:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=381893

---------
1. Photos (Monday 8th June 2009)
---------

Permission to copy my Birmingham photos is granted provided that:
(a) no money is exchanged;
(b) they are labelled as "Copyright 2009 Andrew Broad".
Please let me know if you do use them on another website.

1.1 Monday Part 1
-----------------

Monday Part 1 (Photos 001-197):
http://www.divshare.com/download/7664030-384

Maria Sharapova (75 photos)
Magdaléna Rybáriková (67)
Stéphanie Dubois (26)
Maria Kirilenko (17)
Yanina Wickmayer (6)
Olga Govortsova (5)
Jarmila Groth (5)
Petra Cetkovská (4)
Aravane Rezaď (4)
Eleni Daniilidou (4)
Julie Ditty (3)
Michaëlla Krajíček (2)
Jelena Dokić poster (1)
Elena Baltacha poster (1)
Alla Kudryavtseva (1)
Naomi Cavaday (1)

Magdaléna Rybáriková: I had waited four years to see the gorgeous Magda in the flesh! My photos demonstrate a wide range of Magda's wonderful facial expressions. I was disappointed that Daniela Hantuchová wasn't at Birmingham, but Magda wasn't a bad substitute!

1.2 Monday Part 2
-----------------

Monday Part 2 (Photos 198-466):
http://www.divshare.com/download/7664469-452

Magdaléna Rybáriková (65 photos)
Maria Kirilenko (51)
Urszula Radwańska (33)
Naomi Broady (28)
Olga Govortsova (18)
Michaëlla Krajíček (19)
Arantxa Parra Santonja (19)
Séverine Brémond (16)
Yanina Wickmayer (10)
Anastasija Sevastova (10)
Roberta Vinci (8)
Katie O'Brien (8)
Jarmila Groth (3)
Chan,Yung-Jan (3)
Eleni Daniilidou (3)
Abigail Spears (2)
Akgul Amanmuradova (2)
Jelena Dokić poster (1)
Sania Mirza poster (1)
Tatiana Poutchek (1)
Anne Keothavong poster (1)

-----------------------------------------------------------
2. First-round eyewitness-report: Rybáriková v Amanmuradova (Monday 8th June 2009)
-----------------------------------------------------------

+ MAGDALÉNA RYBÁRIKOVÁ [13,EF] d. Akgul Amanmuradova, 6-4 6-4

This was my third time to see Magda play (following the BBC's televisations of the Wimbledon 2006 Girls' Singles final and French Open 2009 second round), but my first time to see her win a match.

When I came off Centre Court immediately after watching Maria Kirilenko lose to Urszula Radwańska, Magda, on Court 2, had set-point at 5-4* (40/30*) in the first set, which she converted when Amanmuradova hit the ball into the net at 18:13 BST.

In the second set, the tall, manly Amanmuradova served big, and went to the net at every opportunity, where her long right arm gives her an advantage.

But Magda had too much class for her: she served very well herself, was much better from the baseline than Amanmuradova, and picked off the net-rusher with some passing-shots and lobs.

Magda has both a two-handed backhand and a one-handed sliced backhand; she used the latter predominantly in this match, keeping the ball low against her tall opponent on the slick, green grass.

Magda's coach (whose name is Ladislav Simon according to www.sonyericssonwtatour.com) was sitting right behind me. He kept shouting to her in Slovak: I kept hearing the words "poďme" ("c'mon") and "agresív". When she won the match, the lucky bustard got to kiss Magda: I'm not just talking about a quick peck, but a full-on lips-to-lips kiss whilst holding hands! (Photo 402). He then fondled her ponytail briefly before they walked off together.

My full report - with a point-by-point description - is on my website:
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/ten...ngham2009.html

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #687
country flag Daszmarelli

Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute

from official website - Aegon Classic

Laura Pigossi || Vivian Segnini

Last edited by Daszmarelli : Jun 19th, 2009 at 11:56 AM.
Daszmarelli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 02:48 PM   #688
country flag Daszmarelli

Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys I didn't knew that was too big

Old Jun 19th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #689
country flag Calliope.
Martina&Roger <3

Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future

Can you maybe reduce it?

Magda plays Roberta Vinci in Wimbledon R1... Roberta is good on grass! It would be an interesting match because they are both atypical players! Good luck Magda!

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova RUS (31) vs. Petra Cetkovska CZE
Roberta Vinci ITA vs. Magdalena Rybarikova SVK
Lucie Safarova CZE vs. Jarmila Groth AUS
Neuza Silva POR vs. Serena Williams USA (2)

Larcher de Brito | Giorgi | Bouchard | Goerges | Stephens

Kirilenko | Sharapova | Kvitova | Pennetta | Garcia | Burnett
Azarenka | Wozniacki | McHale | Keys | Puig | Bencic | Italians
Calliope. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 11:56 AM   #690
country flag Daszmarelli

Marta, I fixed it now