Yaroslava Shvedova - Page 334 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:30 AM   #4996
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

So i've been asking how she played and nobody knows

Serious question though. Has she made any improvements on her weaknesses during off season?

Del Po improved his serve last year. Tsonga seems to have improved his BH and ROS (from what i've seen). So has Slava actually improved anything? Did you notice anything in her first match to suggets she has?

I think her confidence is still shot tbh. The Olympics match took her confidence, and she hasn't been able to get it back. Whats even worse though, is that most of her losses have made it worse. I thought that it would be put behind her, and that she can start fresh this year, but obviously not judging by this result. The thing she needs is a deep run in a tournament to get some confidence back, starting next week.
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:17 AM   #4997
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Kei Nishikori won, so i'm happy.
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:28 AM   #4998
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Slava . Not her best day for singles it seems. But at least she and Julia won in doubles.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:57 AM   #4999
country flag nazzac

Didn't know she was playing doubles. Well at least she won in that
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM   #5000
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Slava I'm never doing a prediction again

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:15 PM   #5001
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

We jinxed her...

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:22 PM   #5002
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
Changed my mind. More like 31.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:23 PM   #5003
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
We jinxed her...
Yes. I think so.

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:29 PM   #5004
country flag nazzac

Yeah, sounds like we did jinx her. I made a typo, my prediction is actually 61 not 16
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM   #5005
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Yeah, sounds like we did jinx her. I made a typo, my prediction is actually 61 not 16

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:49 PM   #5006
country flag nazzac

She needs to hit form soon if she wants to reach top 20. Especially by Clay season where she has points to defend

Over 5000 posts in this thread
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 09:05 PM   #5007
country flag nazzac

Guys, i think we'll just have to accept that Slava probs won't live up to her potential. Not mentally strong enough and too inconsistent. Some of you probs thought that a while a go, but i think i'll just have to accept it now. On other forums (non tennis related) i have stuck up for her time and time again, but she isn't backing me up

Shame, because she's talented. But she just can't seem to be able to use it to it's fullest. I think she doesn't realise that she's talented, and she won't get anywhere with her mental strength. A 6 year old kid is mentally tougher than her. If this was football, she'll be the last person i would want to take a penalty in a shootout.

Some of you may think it's a kneejerk reaction, but tbh she's been crap since The Olympics. I can't name one time where's she's shown that sort of form except the first 6 games against Kirilenko. It's become painfull to watch or even follow on the scoreboard. I still have faith in her to live up to that potential, but that is very slight at best. Luckily she still has time to change that around, especially next week in Hobart where she's 3rd seed and apart of a weak field.

I still love the woman though, and i'll still support her, no matter what.
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 09:48 PM   #5008
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

slava australian open will be better, lets keep relying on her
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:34 AM   #5009
country flag nazzac

Like i always say. She looks a lot better with her hair tied back
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 01:50 PM   #5010
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Don't forget it's only the first tournament of the season. She'll be better and she has no points to defend until RG. It will be okay. At least I hope so, cause I'm going to the second round of Roland Garros and I don't wanna see her crash out in the first