Yaroslava Shvedova - Page 327 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #4891
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Fave:

10pts: Petra Kvitova
9pts: Lucie Safarova
8pts: Andrea Hlavackova
7pts: Dani Hantuchova
6pts: Tamira Paszek
5pts: Nadia Petrova
4pts: Ana Ivanovic
3pts: Galina Voskoboeva
2pts: Roberta Vinci
1pts: Marion Bartoli

and the rest of Czech players

Dislike:

10pts: Putinseva

rest i don't hate, they just annoy me sometimes
9pts: Huber
8pts: Shvedova
7pts: Niculescu
6pts: Carla Suarez Navarro
5pts: Schiavone
4pts: Lepchenko
3pts: Kirilenko
2pts: Sharapova
1pts: Wozniacki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorche View Post
Faves:

1. Natalija Kostić
2. Bojana Jovanovski
3. Aleksandra Krunić
4. Jelena Janković
5. Ana Ivanović
6. Vesna Dolonc
7. Jelena Dokić
8. Kristina Mladenović
9. Andrea Petković
10.Li Na
11.Jie Zheng

Dislike:

1. Marion Bartoli
2. Anastasia Rodionova
3. Coco Vandeweghe
4. Francesca Schiavone
5. Maria Sharapova
6. Melanie Oudin
7. Samantha Stosur
8. Yaroslava Shvedova
9. Caroline Wozniacki
10.Anabel Medina Garrigues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
2. Anna-Lena Groenefeld
3. Agnieszka Radwanska
4. Kim Clijsters
5. Maria Kirilenko
6. Ana Ivanovic
7. Daniela Hantuchova
8. Sorana Cirstea
9. Jarmila Gajdosova
10. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Dislike:
1. Andrea Petkovic
2. Jelena Jankovic
3. Maria Sharapova
4. Monica Niculescu
5. Yaroslava Shvedova
6. Sara Errani
7. Roberta Vinci
8. Laura Robson
9. Victoria Azarenka
10. Dominika Cibulkova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Хлоэ View Post
Like:

Sharapova
Pennetta
S.Williams
Barthel
Safarova
V.Williams
Robson
Radwanska

Dislike:

Azarenka
Shvedova
Zvonareva
Rezai
Lisicki
Goerges
Bartoli
Wozniacki
Ivanovic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
I guess I should make a list.

Bueno

Azarenka
Kerber
Pennetta
Zvonareva
Dulko
Jovanovski
Robson
Minella
Krunic
Wickmayer

No me gusta

Sharapova
Serena
Wozniacki
Lisicki
Oudin
Bartoli
Peng
Shvedova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
1. Maria Sharapova
2. Serena Williams
3. Venus Williams
4. Ana Ivanovic
5. Laura Robson
6. Li Na
7. Kerber
8. Kirilenko
9. Cibulkova
10. JJ

I don't hate any players, but if I have to pick:

1. A.Radwanska
2. Azarenka
3. Kvitova
4. Pennetta
5. Lisicki
6. Bartoli
7. Stosur
8. Zvonareva
9. Wozniacki
10. Shvedova
I would love to know the reasons. Maybe it's us (her fans) that piss people off, but i think you shouldn't dislike a player because of their fans really.

I just don't understand how you can dislike her. I'm not saying she's perfect, and that everyone should be a fan, but i don't get the dislike. She's high on some of those lists too.

- She's a class act. Respectful to opponents, and good to her fans.
- She brings a good game (She can be offensive and defensive). So i don't see how that can be hated
- She's got a great on court attitude (Never goes racket smashing, and never moans like Murray)
- She's got a nice personality off court
- She's good looking (lets face it. Men will dislike players because of looks)

Only thing i can think of, is that people get pissed off because her constant choking.

Supporter of the 2 best smiles on tour
nazzac is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #4892
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Only thing i can think of, is that people get pissed off because her constant choking.
Oh I don't pay attention to these hate rankings, because most posters on GM are questionably mentally healthy. I thought she was bashed on some subjects or so.

My bet is that she annoyed people because at the some point she probably beat their faves (which they thought would crush her) as she had a good year. Plus, she always has this wonderful smile on when she plays and it may have contributed to bolster their rage
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #4893
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

I'm the opposite when a player beats my favourites. I tend to gain more respect for them for some reason

Honestly, i don't think it's her. I think that many people dislike her because in general, Slava has a fairly good reputation on here (if you know what i mean). That leads to her perhaps getting more credit than she deserves in their minds or something.

Or maybe it is the smile. Some people may take it the wrong way, and see it as being dis-respectful or something

people have a problem with the Tsonga dance too for the same reason.

I don't know really. I can understand with other favourites in sports, why people may dislike them. But Slava, i can't see a reason to dislike her

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #4894
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Some ppl are just sick mentally. That's all I can say. There is a lot of pathetic posters who hate a certain player for no reason at all. Mona also is hated as much as Slava even though there is nothing to hate about her too.

Slava is hated probably because she is too likeable. That's strange thing to say but probably true.
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #4895
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
Some ppl are just sick mentally. That's all I can say. There is a lot of pathetic posters who hate a certain player for no reason at all. Mona also is hated as much as Slava even though there is nothing to hate about her too.

Slava is hated probably because she is too likeable. That's strange thing to say but probably true.
Hit the nail on the head mate.

Hated because she's too likebale? Thats an interesting way of looking at it. I kinda see what you mean though. You also got to consider that she is well liked generally, so people like to go against the norm to be 'cool' or something. I don't know

Anyway, i still love her Despite the fact that she pretty much tortures us during her matches at times

And Slava deserves a sub-forum She's got plenty of fans

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #4896
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know Mona was hated as well. Probably if she was blonder and with a perfect skin and doll features, she would be adored. I'm glad I barely set foot on GM anymore.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #4897
country flag nazzac

Like i've said. Everyone has their haters. No matter how likeable you are.

I've seen people hit on Mona too, which is not cool. I wouldn't say i'm a fan of hers, i'm neautral really, but there is nothing to dislike about her.

But if Slava has haters, then anyone can have haters

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #4898
country flag nazzac

I want to see Slava next year at some stage. I'm trying to go to Wimbledon next year, but that might be hard as it's far away and tickets are hard to get apparently. I'll turn up in my Chelsea shit, and with a little sign saying "I Love(Heart drawing) you Slava!!" And i'll shout "I love you Slava" at some stage like that guy in the Federer/Djokovic match

If i can't go to Wimbledon then i'm going to the ATP tour finals. Hopefully Del Po and Tsonga will be there, but that means i won't be able to watch Slava. Which is a shame, but theres always another time

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:57 PM   #4899
country flag nazzac

Slava's start of season schedule...

DEC 31 / Auckland, New Zealand
JAN 7 / Hobart, Australia
JAN 14 / Melbourne, Australia
FEB 4 / Fed Cup - Astana, Kazakhstan

Hopefully by the end of all that, she'll be top 20. *Hopefully*

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM   #4900
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

GL in AUS!!

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (3) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer
PAW: Hobart
Q-Ball: Shenzhen
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM   #4901
country flag nazzac

I'm really looking forward to next year.

Del Potro seems to be coming back to his best, so he'll be contender in slams. Perhaps even win one

Tsonga has a new coach, and should hopefully return to some decent form and make some good slam runs

Kei is set to break top 10 if he can stay healthy

Slava should break top 20, and will hopefully have some good slam runs and finish top 20.

Going to be interesting

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #4902
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Slava's start of season schedule...

DEC 31 / Auckland, New Zealand
JAN 7 / Hobart, Australia
JAN 14 / Melbourne, Australia
FEB 4 / Fed Cup - Astana, Kazakhstan

Hopefully by the end of all that, she'll be top 20. *Hopefully*
Can't wait! Still sad Eurosport doesn't broadcast a tournament every week but I'm so excited for the AO
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #4903
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Her coach.
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #4904
country flag nazzac

Prepare for heart attacks by December 31st people!!

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #4905
country flag nazzac

Slava is comeback player of the year

Quote:
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - After a breakthrough 2010 season that saw her go as high as No.29 in singles and win two Grand Slam titles in doubles, she underwent knee surgery at the start of 2011 and struggled to find her winning form again, falling as low as No.259 - but Yaroslava Shvedova caught fire again in 2012, making deep runs at two Grand Slams and setting a new career-high of No.25. And for that, she is the WTA's Comeback Player Of The Year.

The left knee surgery that caused Shvedova to miss the early part of the 2011 season had some lingering effects - she wouldn't win back-to-back matches for a full 12-month span between February 2011 and February 2012. But the good results started to creep in again at a few clay court tournaments in the spring - quarterfinals of Bogotá, third round at Charleston - and it was at the biggest clay court stop, Roland Garros, where the talented Kazakh would come full circle.

Having already been the first Kazakh to reach the quarterfinals of a Grand Slam - doing it at the 2010 French Open - Shvedova did it all over again at the 2012 French Open, stunning the defending champion along the way, winning the last 10 games in a row to beat Li Na in the fourth round. "This is the most incredible win I've had," she said - she almost made her first Grand Slam semifinal too, leading 4-2 in the third before falling to Petra Kvitova in the quarters, 36 62 64.

A few weeks later, Shvedova made the fourth round at Wimbledon, losing a tight one to eventual champion Serena Williams, 61 26 75 - but it may not have been that close encounter with Williams that turned the most heads, it may have been her 60 64 third round win over Sara Errani, the first set being a golden set - the first golden set recorded by a woman in the Open Era.

Having started 2012 at No.206, Shvedova moved up to No.28 on October 8, passing the career-high of No.29 she had set in the 2010 season; she set a new career-high of No.25 on October 29 and finished the year ranked No.29.

Shvedova commented on being the WTA's Comeback Player Of The Year.

"I am very happy to get this award and honored that the media voted for me," she said. "I was surprised when I heard the news. I am very happy and proud of my comeback this year. I worked very hard with my team to do this and it's nice to receive the award now. It's not only for me, it's a victory me and my team."

And in a season that had so many highs, Shvedova pointed to a specific one as her favorite: "My biggest highlight was making a golden set," Shvedova declared. "That is probably a once-in-a-lifetime thing and something only one other person has done, so it will always be very special. Also it was super exciting to qualify for the Olympics by reaching the quarterfinals at Roland Garros."

And on the knee injury that dug the hole she climbed out of? "My knee is 100% fine now, but I still do specific exercises to keep it strong so that hopefully I won't have any more problems with it and can keep improving my game."

Shvedova is currently doing her off-season training in Buenos Aires and will play a full Australian season: Auckland, Hobart, then the Australian Open. She will also compete in Fed Cup after the year's first Grand Slam tournament.

She hopes to keep rising: "I'm very happy to be the Comeback Player Of The Year but I'm not done yet! I'm going to keep working hard and my goal is to be Top 20 in singles, and it'd be nice to be back in the Top 10 for doubles too."
Well done

Closed Thread