Yaroslava Shvedova - Page 326 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #4876
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

"It's cold in Astana! "

She's not all there in the head
Advertisement

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #4877
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #4878
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

It says on her website, that she's playing (or something) on November 16th in Buenos Aires.

Anyone know anything about that?
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #4879
country flag nazzac

I just found this article online. It's nearly a month old (18th of October to be exact), and i don't know the legitimacy of it, but it says that Slava is considering quitting doubles to focus on singles in the future

Thought you may be interested

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121018/176730442.html

Quote:
Two-time doubles Grand Slam winner Yaroslav Shvedova told R-Sport on Thursday she is considering sacrificing her successful doubles career to improve in singles.

Shvedova is ranked No. 28 in singles and No. 19 in doubles and has won the women's doubles at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open.

This season, she has stormed into the top 30 after starting outside the top 200 and won plaudits for her charge to the quarterfinals of the French Open.

"If I get better and better in singles, maybe I'll even quit doubles, but I'm not planning to do that yet," she said.

Quitting doubles would improve Shvedova's singles game by removing the need for her to concentrate on two different styles of play, she said.

Shvedova is competing in the Kremlin Cup in her home city of Moscow, where she lost to Russia's Maria Kirilenko in the second round Thursday.

The crowd opposed Shvedova because she switched allegiances to represent Kazakhstan in 2008, she said.

"A whole lot of people are maybe unhappy that I moved and because of that maybe rooted against me," she said.

"I'm a little bit sad of course that people feel like that about me, but what can I do?"

Shvedova said that the crowd was also probably strongly behind Kirilenko as the last Russian representative left in the women's draw.

She said she did not regret her move to Kazakhstan, and those of several other Russian tennis players, which she said was sparked by the poor facilities for players in Russia.

"A lot of players have moved. We didn't move because we don't love our country," she said.

"We go because of the conditions in the country. It's hard to train and there aren't few conditions to prepare well. It's necessary to move."

Shvedova represented Kazakhstan at the Olympics in London in August, where she beat Romania's Simona Halep in her first match but lost to Germany's Sabine Lisicki in the second round.

She is also known for her performance at Wimbledon in July, when she made the record books with only the second so-called Golden Set in the tournament's history, winning all 24 points in a set against Italy's Sara Errani.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #4880
country flag nazzac

I would like to add, Personally i wouldn't mind if she quits doubles. She's potentially got a good singles career ahead of her, and if she feels like doubles is holding her back in anyway, she should quit it. She's hasn't got anything to prove in doubles, as she's already a 2X GS winner. But in singles, she ahsn't reached her potential yet.

She maybe can come back to doubles towards the end of her career if she drops it.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #4881
country flag nazzac

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #4882
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Nazzac, nice pic- she should quit doubles- probably training in BA cause her coach is Argentinian I think
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #4883
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, she should quit doubles imo.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #4884
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petkovic View Post
Nazzac, nice pic- she should quit doubles- probably training in BA cause her coach is Argentinian I think
Ah that may explain it

On doubles. I think that she should possibly give it up. I don't think her and Vania have another Grand slam left in them tbh. Slava is a great doubles player and all, but her focus should be on singles at the moment. I think she should quit, and come back to it towards the end of her career.

Or she should quit womens doubles and go mixed with Tsonga
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #4885
country flag nazzac

I was reading through your thread Hisagi, and it got me thinking. This year It's generally been players outside the top 20 that break top 10 (Kerber and Errani).

So, can Slava do the same?
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #4886
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
I was reading through your thread Hisagi, and it got me thinking. This year It's generally been players outside the top 20 that break top 10 (Kerber and Errani).

So, can Slava do the same?
Of course she CAN. Slava has more ability than these 2 imo. Slava can become like Li who has many things in common with her. She is inconsistent player, mentally weak but good enough to be top 10 player thanks to her great ability/talent. Slava can be the same. Though Li is still way better than Slava mentally and has great self belief in her abilities unlike Slava who doesn't even know how good she really is.

So yeah, if Slava becomes mentally as tough as Li at least and has THAT self belief in herself, then she can be a top 10 player easily.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #4887
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
Of course she CAN. Slava has more ability than these 2 imo. Slava can become like Li who has many things in common with her. She is inconsistent player, mentally weak but good enough to be top 10 player thanks to her great ability/talent. Slava can be the same. Though Li is still way better than Slava mentally and has great self belief in her abilities unlike Slava who doesn't even know how good she really is.

So yeah, if Slava becomes mentally as tough as Li at least and has THAT self belief in herself, then she can be a top 10 player easily.
You can say that again I also think that is one of the reasons as to why she's such a choker. Lack of self confidence and belief in herself and her abilities. So when she gets into advantagous positions, it's almost like a suprise, if you know what i mean.

If she had a good mind to go with her abilities, then she can be a top 10 player. Her abilities probs will take her to top 20. With the lack of points to defend for half of the year, only a massive implosion will stop her reaching top 20. But i think she needs to take that extra step, by working on the mental side of her game, and addressing the weaknesses in her game (FH and serve %). Now, is she too stubborn to work on them? Thats another question.

Tsonga is the same at the moment. I don't think he believes in himself and has a lack of confidence. I think that he doesn't think that he is good enough to compete with the top guys That is the main reason as to why he's doing so shit recently. But many know what Jo can do when he's on, and it's the same with Slava. Tsonga destroyed Nadal, Slava won the Golden set. Both are very very dangerous players when they are on. Stronga and SuperSlava

Mneawhile, Del Po believes he can get to the top of the sport. Thats why he's won a slam, and thats why i think he'll win some more in the future. After his loss to Djokovic, he did an interview and basically said that he wants to become apart of the elite, and from what he said, he seems to have the belief in himself. Slava could do with that belief.

Anyway, have you got any predictions on Slava's 2013 Hisagi? I posted mine a few pages back
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #4888
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

("Tennis players are on vacation Time for a family movie! On the first day of vacation watching "Monsters are on vacation."")

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #4889
country flag nazzac

and people dislike Slava....

I don't get how you can dislike her tbh. Same with JMDP
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #4890
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
and people dislike Slava....

I don't get how you can dislike her tbh. Same with JMDP
Do they even tell the reasons why they hate her?

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread