Yaroslava Shvedova - Page 314 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:36 PM   #4696
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

Let's hope she gets a good result in Osaka.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:42 PM   #4697
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
I feel she isn't confident enough in her abilities and herself in general. Maybe that's why she looks nervous all the time. She is 100% a confidence player. No doubt about that. When I watched in the 3rd round in Wimbly she didn't look nervous at all. That's why she totally crushed Errani.

A very confident Shvedova RARELY shows up though because I feel she always doubt her abilities. When she is full of confidence, she becomes extremely dangerous player called SuperSlava.

SuperSlava = Peak Slava = A very confident Slava.
Will we ever see SuperSlava again?

As usual i agree wth you. Slava is a confidence player, who has no confidence atm, hence why she's doing so crap. Her confidence has been gone since the Olympics loss, and if you compare Wimbledon Slava to the Slava now, it's like she's a different player. Like you said, i don't think she believes in her self. I don't think she's confident in her abilities, and i don't think she knows how good she is. We know how good she can be, but thats not important if she doesn't know.

A confident Slava is a very dangerous player to anyone, but that Slava doesn't show up often enough.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:50 PM   #4698
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
Let's hope she gets a good result in Osaka.
Yeah, hopefully she does well, and i believe she can. Even the un-confident Slava which has graced us with her prescence recently, beat top 20 players at the time, so she can still pick up wins. I believe she can also dispatch most players in that tournament in straight sets, even in her current state.

But i'm not going to expect anything, because i don't want to be left disapointed. Sports players and teams have kinda taught me that lesson. Never expect anything because most of the time you end up disapointed. Keep expectations low, so if they pass those expectations you'll be very happy. if they don't you won't be as disapointed as if you had high expectations.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #4699
country flag nazzac

Slava's a good player to watch from a neutral perspective, because she's got a great game, but it's just frustrating when your a fan of hers

Your right. Slava hasn't been able to find consistency. Lisicki match was the start of the recent slump, and she's lost confidence, and lost consistency as a result. I hope she can get back into form in time for the Australian open
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #4700
country flag nazzac

For the first time in ages, Slava has updated her FB and Twitter.

"This is my room in Osaka! I can turn the tv on from bed with my foot!! "

The room is small, and has Slava ever heard of a remote Never have i seen someone happy that they can turn a tv on and off with their feet.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #4701
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #4702
country flag nazzac

She's crackers (in a good way)
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #4703
country flag nazzac

Some good news regarding Slava (which is a change recently )

http://tenismaclari.com/Siralama/s1_50.html

After Beijing finishes, Slava will be at a career high ranking of 28 (i think her previous best was 29). Stay in the top 30 Slava, so you can be seeded for the Australian open!!

Good day for me in terms of tennis. Kei and Jo got straight set wins, and Slava has reached a career high ranking, and is in seeding positions.

Last edited by nazzac : Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
nazzac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #4704
country flag nazzac

Osaka

(1)Samantha Stosur (AUS) v Erika Sema (JPN)
Q v Virginie Razzano (FRA)
Ayumi Morita (JPN) v Jamie Hampton (USA)
(wc)Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA) v (5)Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)

Damn, unlucky to get in the same quarter as Stosur. The 2 best players in the tournament (imo) get drawn in the same Quarter. First 2 rounds should be easy enough though, but thats unlucky for Slava.

This is Irrelevent, but Kei and Jo are in the final of Beijing and Tokyo

Last edited by nazzac : Oct 6th, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
nazzac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #4705
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

IMO Sam is very beatable on HC in this match-up since Slava's game can bother her A LOT. Sam's top spin and kick serve won't be effective against a player like Slava because our champ is tall, has a great return of serve and powerful flat groundstrokes. If anything, Slava doesn't like a player who plays low balls, she deals with top spin much much better. High boucing balls is always good for Slava. Her FH becomes better when the bounce of the ball is high. She can easily puinish any high ball with her FH or BH.

No wonder Slava won the only meeting between them and that happened in 2009 when Slava was out of the top 100 I believe. She is a much better player now.

Errani is a good example of a player who plays with top spin but we all know what would happen if she meets a good Slava on ANY surface. It's simply a bad match up for Errani.

Sam is better than Errani for sure and has a great serve and FH but her ROS is still poor which means Slava can still win her serves game even if her serve is inconsistent. Also Slava is a much better mover than Sam, so Slava should have the upper hand in the long rallys. And we shouldn't forget that Slava can expose Sam's BH wing with ease because our champ has a world class backhand.

However, mentally Sam is way stronger than Slava. That's the only thing we all Slava fans worry about, her mental state. Maybe that's the only thing that makes this match-up harder than it actually is for Slava.

All in all, Slava potentially is a bad match up for Sam. That's what I believe in. I think it's 55-45 in favour of Slava at the moment but if Slava was just decent mentally then it would be more like 65-35 in her favour.

This is just my opinion about this match-up.
Forever Chakvetadze

Last edited by Tezuka. : Oct 6th, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #4706
Tezuka.

I like Sam by the way. She is really nice and I love her serve and FH.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:35 AM   #4707
Tezuka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Will we ever see SuperSlava again?
Yes. Hopefully in Osaka or in AO next year.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #4708
Tezuka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom_Sabine View Post
hehe. Cibulkova these days is rather a villain everybody loves to hate because of her recent bad behaviour, but she's an interesting character because of it, I'd rather these types of colourful personalities than all the fake nice nice on the mens side. Thanks for posting that match. Shvedova had some great patches of play there that totally overwhelmed Domi, but tried hard to screw it up, only Domi wouldn't let her and defaulted herself first. As one of the posters in the live commentary thread said of the Slava/Peng match, it's so frustrating when Slava has the better potential. If ONLY she can find consistency, she will be remarkably dangerous. I thought she had found consistent form in the summer, but she didn't build around it, had some bad losses and her form disappeared with her confidence in herself.

Only 2 more tournaments after Beijing and she will call it a year? Too little. She might get in 4 matches if she is lucky. Tired of saying but she should just find events to get into.

ummmmmm....... I think Slava should spend some time in Ivan Lendl's dungeon with his hell hounds Seemed to have worked for Murray. And Pete trained with Lendl at the very beginning, at his home actually, and look how clutch and ice cool he was in big crunch times in his career. At least somebody needs to give Slava a real talking to in order to get to the bottom of her nerves.
I like reading your posts. Nice to have you here mate.

Quote:
Kanda, we both like Martic too, however, she has injury problems and that is perfectly understandable. But when we all know Slava can do better, this is not acceptable.
Petra is really unlucky. Her body is fragile. I love her because of her variety and beautiful Henin-like game. Hopefully she gets better physically in the off season.

Slava should do better that's for sure.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #4709
Tezuka.

After what I said about that match-up, now I'm sure she will get a beatdown from Sam.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #4710
Tezuka.

A QF will be enough for me. Please win 2 MD matches in a row, please. The last time she won 2 MD matches in a row was in Wimbledon.
Forever Chakvetadze
Closed Thread