Yaroslava Shvedova - Page 312 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM   #4666
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

Internet died on me But i came back to see that she's lost.

Slava
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 05:50 PM   #4667
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Rest and comeback strong in 2013.
Forever Chakvetadze
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 05:56 PM   #4668
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

At least she didn't choke.

From what i have read, Slava was the better player but lost it on the big points, and was inconsistent

Peng seems to be a bogey player for Slava. 0-3 against her.

Slava needs to work on her serve, because it has potential to be a weapon. She wins most points on her first serve, but it isn't consistent enough.

Come back stronger for 2013 Slava
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM   #4669
country flag nazzac

Slava and Vania will face Goerges/Zahlavova-Strycova in doubles.

Hopefully these 2 will get back to form, and win another slam in the future
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 07:03 PM   #4670
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
It's really shame that she still can't show her full potential. She can be soo good but her mind keeps holding her back.
True. It's so annoying and it's sad to think that she will probabaly go down as a player who didn't live up to her potential.
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 07:51 PM   #4671
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Slava
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 09:20 PM   #4672
country flag nazzac

She's playing a low level tournament next week. It's exactly what she needs atm. A good chance to get some wins and build some confidence. The highest ranked player there is Stosur, and i think that Slava will be seeded.

Lets hope she does well there, closes out the season in some good form, and hopefully bags a trophy.
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 07:59 AM   #4673
country flag nazzac

Hopefully it's nothing serious, and she can be back for doubles or next week.

And your right Boom Boom. Slava is a great character, and seems like a wonderful person too. I mean, how many people would smile and laugh at a mexican wave after being broken by Serena Williams who is serving for the match as a result?

She's a choker, but she's still worth our support
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 08:58 AM   #4674
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Slava She had to win this really when she was up 4-3 in the second. She's so good but like everyone else in here said, her mind is holding her back. I hope she'll get a good draw and plays well in Moscow. After that, she should get some good rest and a sports psychologist.

How many points is she away from the 32rd position?
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:26 AM   #4675
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

She looked amazing in her RG outfit yesterday.

Forever Chakvetadze
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:14 PM   #4676
country flag nazzac

She looks amazing all the time

Yeah, she looked great again yesterday.

She's also got a great figure to go with her pretty face. Nice and athletic.
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:36 PM   #4677
Setsuna.

For me she is a massive underachiever so far.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:42 PM   #4678
country flag nazzac

^ Probs yeah. But out of curiosity, what did you expect her to have achieved by now? Not saying your wrong or anything, i'm just wondering

Seen as though i haven't been a fan as long as you, i wouldn't know what was expected of her before, but right now i'd say top 20 minimum, and potentially a top 10. I already think she's top 10 in terms of talent, but injuries, consistency and mentality have held her back.
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM   #4679
Setsuna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
^ Probs yeah. But out of curiosity, what did you expect her to have achieved by now? Not saying your wrong or anything, i'm just wondering

Seen as though i haven't been a fan as long as you, i wouldn't know what was expected of her before, but right now i'd say top 20 minimum, and potentially a top 10. I already think she's top 10 in terms of talent, but injuries, consistency and mentality have held her back.
Yup. At least she should have made the top 20 by now and won some WTA titles. To be honest, I didn't have very high and unrealistic expectations for her. I just wanted her to be a consistent top 20 player. That's all I wanted from Slava since the first time I cheered for her.

A player with her great talent/ability can easily be a top 10 player not only a top 20 player. Even Errani who is way less naturally talented than Slava is a top 10 player. Even a garbage player like Peer almost made top 10. Her highest ranking was n.11.

So yeah, I'm sad/upset to see way less talented players than Slava achieve much more than her. No doubt Slava is a massive underachiever.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 07:01 PM   #4680
country flag nazzac

Just goes to show how important the mental game is in sports. If Slava had a strong mentality, then i think she'd be a top 20 player right now and would push for top 10 next year. But she's not, so what can you do.

I'm with you on this. When i first saw Slava in 2010 at Roland Garros, i thought to myself 'i think there's more to come from her' even though i didn't know about her, and i wasn't into womens tennis as much as i am now. Obviously, she got injured and faded into obscurity for a while, but when she bounced back at Roland Garros this year (when i became a fan of hers)i thought, 'she's talented, why is she ranked so low'. After that i expected her to move up, and become a solid top 20 player at least. Then Wimbledon came around, and after she won the Golden set, and almost beat Serena Williams i thought 'it's just a matter of time before she becomes a top player'. If you asked me if Slava would be a top 20 player after that, i would have said yes without any doubts in my mind. But hard-court season has made me doubt that she'll be able to reach the top 20. It's become so clear how weak she is mentally, and i'm expecting a choke every single time she plays atm. Do i think she'll reach our expectations? No i don't. I still think she'll make top 20, but i feel she won't be a consistent top 20 player and i don't think she can be top 10 either. I do think that she'll find her RG and Wimbledon at some point next year, but she doesn't seem the type to maintain that form to me.

It's a shame, because she is really talented. I think she can beat most players in the top 10 on her day. I think the main exceptions are Azarenka, Serena and maybe 1 or 2 more. But i think she can beat most on a good day. Like you said, it's annoying, and sad that players less talented than Slava are doing well while Slava is underachieving because of her head. Errani is a good example of a less talented player doing better than Slava. Errani is an overachiever
I will be pissed if Laura Hypson goes ahead Slava anytime soon, i really will. Especially as i have argued with people on other forums about Slava vs Robson.

I love Slava, i think she's great but i'm starting to believe that she'll not reach the levels i thought she would. I know injuries have held her career back, but right now i expected her to be in the top 30. But she's not because of a shit hardcourt season which has been full of choking. Slava is going to go down as an underachiever i reckon, which is sad to think about.

But then again, most of my favourites are underachievers. I thought that Tsonga would have done betetr than he has after the Australian open in 2008. I thought he would have won a slam by now, or at least competed in more finals. After US Open 2009, i thought Del Potro would be a future number 1 and win more slams, but injuries have dented them chances. Although i'm still confident that Del Po will come back and win another slam. Nishikori promised great things after thr Australian open, but he's had a poor season.