Yaroslava Shvedova - Page 306 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #4576
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

Who are your fav players, HowardH? We cheer for the same players it seems.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #4577
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

It goes to show how important the mental game is in sports. You can be a very talented player, but if you don't have mental strength, then your not going to win anything big in your career.

Slava falls into that category of talented players with potential, but lacks the mental game to back it up.

I've never been so negative about her until today. I stick up for her pretty much all the time. I was the only one to stick up for her after the Vinci loss. I'm always singing her praises on here, Facebook, other forums that are non tennis related. Maybe today was the day when i came back down to earth
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #4578
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh frustrated to lose such kind of match
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #4579
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Dear that Slava, Please come back
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #4580
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom_Sabine View Post
To have matchpoints in three matches and lose, what can we say? This is exactly why I was so worried about her not getting matches in, from her loss to Serena at Wimbledon onwards. She should have gone to play Stanford after Wim, should have played Tashkent and Guangzhou. Playing to stack up meaningless points = vulturing. But playing for getting in matches and wins [frags, so to speak] is quite another matter. She may have lost a great opportunity after riding a great wave of form in the summer.
I agree that her scheduling has been odd. She took roughly a month off after Wimbledon, and did the same after the US Open. It's all been down hill since the Olympics, and now her confidence has gone. She should play some smaller tournaments to build her confidence back up. Hopefully she can build some up before the Aussie open.

Quote:
to lose that many matches with matchpoints in a year seems quite a feat too. yet the odd thing is, she doesn't lack determination and competitiveness. Somehow she goofs up.

Nerves maybe? It's almost like she's scarred of winning. I could understand her doing it against a top player in a grand slam semi final or final, but round 1 of a premier tournament against a player who is past her best is not acceptable. She tightens up on big points for some reason, and her game goes way down. Her serve especially is really unreliable. She's got quite a big serve for the womens game, but it doesn't land in enough. If she can somehow make that serve into a weapon, then i guess we'll see less choking. Lots of work needs doing during off-season.
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #4581
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is your top 10? This is my dream top 10 :

1 Summer Glau
2 Serena Williams
3 Petra Kvitova
4 Sabine Lisicki
5 Yarolava Shvedova
6 Christina McHale
7 Petra Martic
8 Julia Goerges
9 Tatiana Golovin
10 Aravane Rezai
Who is Summer Glau? Never heard of her.
You mean my top 10 fav players? If so then.

1. Anna Chakvetadze.
2. Mona Barthel.
3. Yaroslava Shvedova.
4. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
5. Angie Kerber.
6. Bojana Jovanoviski
7. Andrea Petkovic.
8. Julia Goerges.
9. Petra Martic.
10. Svetlana Kuznetsova.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #4582
country flag nazzac

My top 10

1. Yaroslava Shvedova
2. Yaroslava Shvedova
3. Yaroslava Shvedova
4. Yaroslava Shvedova
5. Yaroslava Shvedova
6. Yaroslava Shvedova
7. Yaroslava Shvedova
8. Yaroslava Shvedova
9. Yaroslava Shvedova
10. Yaroslava Shvedova

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #4583
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, so you're a one woman kind of guy Nazzac. I'm sure that the ladies appreciate that.

Summer Glau is an actress btw. River Tam in Serenity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
Who are your fav players, HowardH? We cheer for the same players it seems.
I'm not sure I can order them, but yes, we have similar tastes.

In general they are all headcases as well... or they have issues in their games that they have no idea how to solve...

My top 10 is probably

Alize Cornet, Anna Chakvetadze, Julia Goerges, Yaroslava, Ana Ivanovic, Lucie Safarova, Sorana Cirstea, Petra Kvitova, Mona Barthel, Bojana.

If we get to include actresses I include Camilla Belle and Alicia Silverstone.

I like Pavs and Mathilde too. Jarka's there somewhere as well.
I used to post in Nicole Vaidisova's and Camille Pin's forums a lot. Dani's was the first forum I posted in I think. I got fed up with Nicole's attitude during her slump and I'm still annoyed by the whole "marry Stepanek and retire" debacle. I still can't believe she's so young and yet stopped playing already.

I still follow Dani's and JJ's results but I don't post much in their forums now. Still hurt a lot when JJ lost to Aga tonight though. Dani's loss to Caro was only slightly less painful since I never though she was winning that but I hoped that JJ could win.

Hmm, looking at that list it seems I'm drawn to players who struggle a lot . I'm definitely drawn to "lookers" as well. Slava's smile is what drew me to her.

I liked Kim a lot too but I never felt it was necessary to post in her forum since I didn't feel she really needed the support. I really wanted her to win the USO again though, to finish her career.

Last edited by HowardH : Sep 25th, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #4584
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Oh, so you're a one woman kind of guy Nazzac. I'm sure that the ladies appreciate that.
I'm sure they do. I'm loyal

Slava is the only player i am a fan of in womens tennis, but i like most players. It's just that i haven't taken a liking to any other player in the womens game other than Slava.

I don't really have any players i hate really, but Slava is the only player i'm a fan of. I've got 3 players in ATP i'm a fan off (they are in my sig)

It may change at some stage, but right now it's just Slava really
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #4585
country flag nazzac

Quote:
nazzac, there are other girls out there besides Slava, you know, don't miss all the forests for a tree

I thought Robson is doing it right, the way I hoped Slava would, go for lower events, beat people around your level and build up a firm base of your wins solidly, go for higher events, beat higher ranked people. Robson will be top 20 no doubt. Talent and determination and even hard work aren't sufficient, you need this ruthless drive on top to succeed at the expense of walking over the other person's prostrate body. Many people have top 10 ability all of them trying to force their way through a very narrow doorway. Shvedova was close to that sudden break through but tripped herself up ....
Your speaking in riddles And like i said, i like other players, i just don't like them as much as i like Slava.

I think that Slava needs to play lower level tournaments for confidence, not ranking points. I don't want her to vulture her way up the rankings like U.Rad is doing. I have more respect for people who climb the rankings by performing well in Grand Slams and stuff. Thats pretty much what Slava has done this year. She's played 17 tournaments over the last 12 months, while the people around her have played over 20.

What Slava needs right now, is to play a low level tournament to build her confidence back up, so she can go on another run next year. She's quite clearly a confidence player, but atm she has no confidence, thats why she's doing rubbish. I want to see her do well in the Aussie open because she ahs a terrible record there, It's her worst slam statistically. Then she can prepare to defend points she got from RG and Wimbledon.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #4586
country flag nazzac

2-0 up in doubles. Good start

Come on Team Smile!!
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #4587
country flag nazzac

broken back 2-2
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #4588
country flag nazzac

lost the first set 3-6

1st serve 80%, so they are serving at a high %.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #4589
country flag nazzac

broken in the 2nd. 1-2

I don't know who's sucking or if their opponents are playing great
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #4590
country flag nazzac

They lost 3-6,6-7.

Another terrible tournament for Slava. Hard court season has been very poor. I'm beginning to wonder if this is her worst surface or not. Clay is her best in singles i think, statistically it is anyway. I was impressed with her at Wimbledon. On Hard courts she has been very poor