Yaroslava Shvedova - Page 299 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #4471
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

Okay, so the season is almost done now. All the slams are finished, and Slava won't be at the YEC. So how would you rate her 2012?

Now i didn't really become a "fan" until i saw her at Roland Garros, but i know what position she was in coming into this year. Ranked outside the top 200, and it wasn't looking at all good for her. She didn't qualify for the Aussie open, but she seemed to improve after that. Then RG came along and she matched her career best by reaching the quarter finals before fatigue got the better of her against Kvitova. Wimbledon was also a success as she won the golden set, and was a tad unlucky with getting Serena in the 4th round. Olympics wasn't great, neither was the hard court season. A potential chance to go really far in the US Open but she blew it by choking against Vinci. But putting into consideration, where she was last year, 2012 has been a great year for Slava. She's put herself back on the map, so to speak and had some good grand slam runs. She's now up to 33 in the rankings, with the potential to be even higher by the end of the year. She's also put herself into the history books by achieving the Golden set. Disappointing hard court season (especially with the expectation going into the US Open), but overall it's been a really good year. I don't think we could have asked much more from her tbh. I sense some great things to come in 2013 from her.

I'd give it an 8/10
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #4472
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

A bit late, yes, but I've uploaded some pics I took of Slava at the USO this year - her match against Vania King. You can find them here.

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #4473
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

^ Thanks for sharing
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:56 AM   #4474
country flag nazzac

Slava has drawn Schiavone in Tokyo. She should beat her imo. But she's got Stosur in the 2nd round if she gets through, so we can't expect too much from this tournament
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 08:52 AM   #4475
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully a good run here but I'm not expecting much like the last time in the USO. I just hope that her last match won't affect her confidence.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:34 PM   #4476
country flag nazzac

Yeah. Hopefully she'll do well, but i don't see it tbh. The Stosur match is definately winnable though. Robson did good against her, and Slava is a more talented player than Robson.

1st round, i will accept no less than a win. if she loses that match, then
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM   #4477
country flag nazzac

Slava's also playing doubles with Vania in Tokyo. Pavlyuchenkova & Safarova in the first round. Hopefully they can do well
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:02 PM   #4478
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Davai Slava! What I like about her is that she will keep fighting no matter how many close matches she loses. Yes she is menally weak but she will always be a great fighter.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:28 PM   #4479
country flag nazzac

Well she's had a month off to put that loss out of her mind. Hopefully she can have a good indoor season and get a seeding spot for the Aussie open. Thats the goal for the rest of the year.

^ And yeah, that's well put Kanda. She's a fighter. I mean, the way she's comeback after injury and a terrible 2011 is admirable. Hopefully she'll develop some mental toughness soon, because all these close matches are giving me mini heart attacks

Hopefully we can see Slava 3.0 in 2013. Peak Slava is coming
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:34 PM   #4480
Tezuka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Well she's had a month off to put that loss out of her mind. Hopefully she can have a good indoor season and get a seeding spot for the Aussie open. Thats the goal for the rest of the year.

^ And yeah, that's well put Kanda. She's a fighter. I mean, the way she's comeback after injury and a terrible 2011 is admirable. Hopefully she'll develop some mental toughness soon, because all these close matches are giving me mini heart attacks

Hopefully we can see Slava 3.0 in 2013. Peak Slava is coming
Peak Slava can almost beat anyone. I'm not expecting much but a win over GS champs like Fran or Sam would be amazing.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:50 PM   #4481
country flag nazzac

25 years old now, Prime years are here. Slava's going to Peak in 2013 & 2014. I have a feeling that she's going to have a big year next year.

I think she'll beat Fran in 2. And i think she'll give Stosur a hell of a match, because she always does. She doesn't lose without giving it a good fight. I think she can beat Stsour definately, but i'm not expecting her to really. But if Robson can give Stosur a close match., Slava can certainly beat her, because Slava is a more talented player than Robson by far.

My expectations are the 2nd round here, and to do well in doubles.
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:31 AM   #4482
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Slava has drawn Schiavone in Tokyo. She should beat her imo. But she's got Stosur in the 2nd round if she gets through, so we can't expect too much from this tournament
My two favourites playing eachother in the first round, than one of my 2 favourites playing my third favourite in the second round. Have to see this matches. When will these matches be played? Ex-ci-ted.
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 05:11 PM   #4483
country flag nazzac

Slava's is on early in the morning so i'll miss it

Anyway, Slava better continue this great weekend of sport for me. Chelsea won, Jon Jones won his fight, Tsonga won Metz, now all i need is a Slava win tonight and it's a clean sweep.

Come on Slava!!!
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #4484
Tezuka.

She won the 1st set 6-4.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 05:12 AM   #4485
Tezuka.

0-1.
Forever Chakvetadze
Closed Thread