Yaroslava Shvedova - Page 298 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #4456
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

In a way it does, but in a way she lost to a player who beat the world no.3, and Slava put in a better effort than aga
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #4457
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post

It is disappointing. Slava is playing well but to go deep in tournaments you have to be able to win the close ones sometimes and at the moment Slava just doesn't seem to be able to do that. It's either an easy 2-0 or a heartbreaking 1-2.
Yeah i agree with that. She's playing at a level in which she can reach the quarter finals for the most part, but her inability to win close matches has meant she isn't. Like you said, you know your either going to get an easy 2-0 victory or a heartbreaking 2-1 loss.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not meaning to sound like an ass, but it's easy to say that Slava would have possibly made the semis if not for losing to Vinci. You never what could have happened. Slava might have had an off day against Radwanska. You never know what might have happened in any of the future matches. It's like saying that Barcelona would have won the champions league fi they didn't lose to Chelsea.

The loss to Vinci was heartbreaking for Slava, but tbh i think there are some positives to take away. Slava should have really won that match, and that says volumes because everyone else has been beaten easily by Roberta. Slava gave her a great match, and in the end Slava beat herself. If you look at the stats, Slava hit a lot of winners, but she also hit just as many Unforced errors. The fact that Vinci kept her errors down, and more importantly won the big points meant she won the match.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #4458
country flag Snooked

Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of

48HQ from Wimbledon, http://hqworld.net/2012/09/yaroslava...imbledon-june/

there's much to see
Snooked is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #4459
country flag Arthus

Arthus has disabled reputation

Thanks a lot, nice pics!
Arthus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #4460
country flag nazzac

Juan Martin Del Legend!! I think Slava should be more like him. Calm on court, with a winners mentality, and do things like above. Would be awesome to go with her game, smile and personality
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #4461
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Delpo is a mental beast. On the other hand Slava is ........

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #4462
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
Delpo is a mental beast. On the other hand Slava is ........
a mental midget unforunately

Thats what i mean though. I wish Slava had Del Potro's mental game. If she did then she would have finished Vinci off, thats for sure. Just think of the matches she could have won if she was mentally strong.

I could see it in her eyes, and body language that the pressure was getting to her in the Vinci match. I could see the choke coming from Slava, so i was hoping that Roberta would screw up before Slava did. Wasn't to be though
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #4463
country flag nazzac

Remember, she is playing 4 tournaments, starting from the 24th of this month. Hopefully she can rack up some wins, and regain some confidence. There's plenty of time before the Aussie open for her to do that.

If there's any way for her to develop mental strength, then she needs to find it. If she wants to have a successful singles career, winning a few titles, going far in grand slams etc... then she needs to develop some sort of mental strength, because quite frankly it's becoming a joke now. Thats why i want her to be more like DelPo in that respect. That guy even out-did Federer in mental strength (USO 09). Plus, after another heartbreaking loss, i'm wondering how many can she take? She's had two in a month(near enough). The Lisicki one was bad, but the Vinci loss was even more devastating. Hopefully her confidence isn't shot too much after that match.

This US Open is a tournament to forget for her really. She didn't do well in doubles or singles. In fact, she's had a poor hardcourt season all round really. She's 4-3 in the past month.

And i noticed that she didn't post anything after the loss either. She hasn't posted anything for few days actually. Her birthday is in a few days anyway, so she has something to be happy about
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #4464
country flag nazzac

It's also quite important to get seeded for the Aussie open. That eliminates the chance of her playing a top player in the first round.

Also, statistically, the Aussie open is her worst Slam. Hopefully she can put in a good performance
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #4465
country flag nazzac

Number 33 really because Clijsters has retired

Hopefully she is working on improving her game. Like we mentioned earlier, her serve and Forehand could do with being improved. But she's got a lack of match practice till those tournaments. I would still say her aim for the end of the year is to be seeded for the Aussie open. Then focus on getting to the top 15 or so next year

But, yeah, she hasn't said anything on twitter or FB for a while. She normally posts quite often, but since that loss, she hasn't posted much.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #4466
country flag nazzac

I've just been thinking. Slava won't have much points to defend until RG next year. She didn't reach the Aussie Open this year, so i don't think she will have anything to defend going into that tournament. I presume she will be in the first round draw automatically, so she's got a great chance of progressing in the rankings again.
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #4467
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure she has a plan.

The tricky thing about tennis is that you can't make big changes when you are playing tournaments, so occasionally you need breaks to work on technical things. During a break it's also easier to make gains in fitness because you can train harder since you don't have to be fresh for matches. When you come back from a training block like that you are usually fitter and have improved some things but you are also match-rusty, so the improvements don't show until the second or third tournament or sometimes longer, but in the long term I don't think 1 month off is bad. It's not like 3 months off or something.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #4468
country flag nazzac

Happy Birthday Slava!!!

25 today. In her prime years now. They say that athletes peak from the age 25-29 or something like that. Prime Slava is here
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #4469
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom_Sabine View Post
But since she lost to Vinci, what is she doing with her time?! By the time she comes back on the 24th, she will have been out for nearly a month - doing what exactly?
I thinks he may have answered your question

Slava: Got new furniture for my apartment in Astana!

Does she need help assembling it? I'm always here you know

But there you go. She's gone home, celebrated her bithday and is now doing some decorating and stuff.... Never mind decorating, get practicing and improve!!!
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #4470
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom_Sabine View Post
LOL. All I can tell her is DON'T buy ikea or anything that needs assembling, if you want it to last at all But never mind the furniture, tell ur mom & dad to deal with it! Get to the courts LOL. jking. Why didn't she play Tashkent or Quebec? Slava badly needs to get matches played, any matches.

yes, 25 - around 29 or so are prime years for these players. It's not a young phenom or enfant terrible world anymore, we're not likely to see another 17 yr old Becker, Chang, Wilander or a 16 year old Hingis or generally another 18 year old wunder kid storm up the rankings and destroy older, physically way more mature men and women in their peak of physical strength. Nadal was an exception in that he was fully grown then as now. Even Djokovic didn't really start dominating the world until last year. I'm guessing the ATP is going to fall into a generational gap after several more years of the Big Four. But besides Shvedova, I have high hopes for many WTA, if they can just pull their tennis socks up and get to it, eg, Kvitova (22), who should play better next year after this year's slump, McHale (20), who unfortunately came down with mononucleosis, Lisicki who I have a suspicion also might have mono which may account for her lack of energy and wild up and down, mostly down, form, Martic (21), Goerges (23) etc. It's going to be a great time for WTA watchers. Buy WTA.
Maybe she wasn't anticipating the early exit in both singles and doubles

I don't know what she's thinking really. I'm sure she's got her reasons