Yaroslava Shvedova - Page 297 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:30 PM   #4441
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

So far it's been okay. Slava/King look more comfortable on serve than their opponents so far
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM   #4442
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Okay, giving away that first set was totally unnecessary (can't spell this word haha)
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM   #4443
country flag Onslow

Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of

4-6...
Onslow is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:02 PM   #4444
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

They lost the first set 6-4. Slava was the one who got broken in the last game. Slava wanted to challenge a call, but i think she left it too late
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:04 PM   #4445
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
She's posted her last Video Blog.

http://www.tennischannel.com/video/#

Thanks for wishing me a good holiday, but my holiday is done after today

You can tell she's a lovely person though. She does come across as a genuinely nice person, and not fake like some other sportsmen or women do.
Ah she looks cute but what's in her neck? Hahah

Btw, too much prettyness on Grandstand now: Slava, Julia and Eva. Wish I was there
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:05 PM   #4446
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petkovic View Post
Ah she looks cute but what's in her neck? Hahah

Btw, too much prettyness on Grandstand now: Slava, Julia and Eva. Wish I was there
I was wondering the same thing. haha.

But Slava makes the rest of them look like orcs
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:06 PM   #4447
country flag nazzac

Break in the 1st game. Good return from Slava
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM   #4448
country flag nazzac

Slava got broken again

Stream froze and tea is pretty much ready. When i come back, i want to see the 2nd set won!!!
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:16 PM   #4449
country flag nazzac

I think they are gonna lose this. I don't trust Slava on her serve atm
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM   #4450
country flag Petkovic

Peschke and Goerges were amazing today. Vania and Slava didn't play anywhere near their best (Peschke and Goerges pushed them in defence mode which worked pretty well)
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:54 PM   #4451
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petkovic View Post
Peschke and Goerges were amazing today. Vania and Slava didn't play anywhere near their best (Peschke and Goerges pushed them in defence mode which worked pretty well)
Yeah, they played a good game. Congrats to them.

Slava and Vania

Serve let them down today. They started out well on their serve, but it soon faded. It was a close first set, which they may have lost due to a bad line call (Slava looked convinced it was out)

Again, Slava's serve was a liability
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM   #4452
country flag nazzac

Wasn't a good tournament for Slava. 2nd and 3rd round exits. Hopefully, she can re-find the form from Wimbledon and RG in time for the Australian Open (where she should be seeded)
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:07 PM   #4453
country flag nazzac

From doubles earlier. Concentration
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:36 PM   #4454
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom_Sabine View Post
turned out your pre tourny foreboding about this was totally on the mark

Just look at where Vinci is now [QF vs Errani(!)] and we can't help thinking, yeah, that's where Slava should easily have been...

Well, lets see if she is complacent and is satisfied to have a 2nd/3rd round type of career and mostly get her pickings in doubles, or whether she's prepared to adjust mentally and go for whats rightly hers.
Yeah, Roberta came into this tournament playing great and she was always going to be Slava's main obstacle to getting to the quarters or beyond. Had Slava taken her match point against Vinci, I don't believe Cibulkova or Radwanska would have presented Slava with anymore problems than they presented Roberta. And had it been a Slava v Sara quarter we call only remember what happened the last time those two met.

It is disappointing. Slava is playing well but to go deep in tournaments you have to be able to win the close ones sometimes and at the moment Slava just doesn't seem to be able to do that. It's either an easy 2-0 or a heartbreaking 1-2. Having said all that I'm happy for Roberta and Sara. Both are class acts and both have a lot of skill and are enjoyable players to watch.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:43 PM   #4455
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing Vinci and Errani in the QF makes her loss even more disappointing. Damn.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Halep Pavlyuchenkova Shvedova Bencic Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread