Yaroslava Shvedova - Page 295 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #4411
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

Slava. Had MPs?

She can be top 20 one day.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 05:24 AM   #4412
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

3rd on court 4 today in doubles. Time to make up for last night

Supporter of the 2 best smiles on tour
nazzac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:30 AM   #4413
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Is it me, or does slava seem like a confidence player? When she's confident, she can do great things on court and beat some of the best the game has to offer atm. When's she not confident, her game suffers, therefore she losses.

These losses will Either give her a kick up the ass, and inspire her to go on and do well, or they will crush her confidence and she will fade. The time for the 1st one to happen is running out. How many more heartbreaking losses can she take?

Anyway, she's picked up 100 points here, so her ranking will remain around about the same i think.

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 11:51 AM   #4414
country flag LenaDMania0003

LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Anyway, she's picked up 100 points here, so her ranking will remain around about the same i think.
This live ranking shows Slava will move up to around 35th.
http://tenismaclari.com/Siralama/s1_50.html
Seeding in 2013 AO is realistic target despite this heartbreaking loss.
LenaDMania0003 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 12:57 PM   #4415
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaDMania0003 View Post
This live ranking shows Slava will move up to around 35th.
http://tenismaclari.com/Siralama/s1_50.html
Seeding in 2013 AO is realistic target despite this heartbreaking loss.
If thats correct, that is pretty good. I mean, she's moved up roughly 10 places here, and is only 2 or 3 away from a seeding place. She could easily get there by time the Australian Open comes around.

My aim for Slava for the end of this year is to get seeded for the Australian Open, and if that is correct then it's highly likely that she will do.

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 01:02 PM   #4416
country flag nazzac

These are the tournaments she is playing. Unfortunately, we won't see her for another month or so, but thats plenty of tournaments to get some points.

SEP 24 / Tokyo, Japan
OCT 1 / Beijing, China
OCT 8 / Osaka, Japan
OCT 15 / Moscow, Russia

Top 32 by the end of the year Slava, then you can persuit the top 20 next year.

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 01:12 PM   #4417
country flag nazzac

She's going to make the top 20. I don't see why people have given up on her. You also got to factor in that Kim Clijsters has retired, so thats an extra place for Slava. Top 32 by the end of the year!!

Hopefully this loss won't put her down, because she can still do well in my view. The players around her haven't done that well in the US Open. I know it's a little bad seeing whyere she could have been if she'd beaten Vinci, but don't look at it that way. Look at it this way. She's moved up 10 places, and is close to being in the seeding positions. That will do for me. If told you last year that Slava would be 34 by the end of the US Open this year, you would have taken it without a thought.

Maybe Slava can become a killer on the court. Get that Killer instinct to finish these matches off. She can still be a really nice person off court, but on court she should, as you said Boom Boom, have the desire to kill.

I mean, look at Junior Dos Santos. He's an mma fighter, and UFC Heavyweight champion. Really nice guy outside of the cage, but he's a killer inside the cage. Knocking people out, and has no remorse. Guess what, he is a champion. Slava should do the same

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 01:16 PM   #4418
country flag nazzac

I have also just thought to myself. Slava's birthday is on the same date as my Grandma's (who i won't be celebrating because shes passed on) My grandma was born exactly 40 years to the day earlier than Slava, and was also born in Moscow (her dad was Russian)

Me and Slava have connections

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 01:48 PM   #4419
country flag nazzac

I only brought mma and JDS up as an example, because it shows that you can be a really nice person, but still be a killer when it comes to competing. Slava should adopt that type of mentality imo. No matter who she's facing, she should come on court with a attitude like "I'm going to destroy this bitch". You never know, it might help her. She can still be a great person off the court,and all that.

And like you said, the more well rounded individuals in mma often have success. Georges St Pierre being the bext example. It's either that, or being super talented at one discipline. Slava is a well rounded tennis player. There are no glaring weaknesses in her game. All her weaknesses are in her head, and if she can, she needs to get it sorted. It's kinda frustrating seeing a talentedplayer like Slava get held back because she can't finish matches off

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:07 PM   #4420
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Slava

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:56 PM   #4421
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
SEP 24 / Tokyo, Japan
OCT 1 / Beijing, China
OCT 8 / Osaka, Japan
OCT 15 / Moscow, Russia
Another 4 chokes we are waiting for.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 07:24 PM   #4422
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
Another 4 chokes we are waiting for.
Be positive Good runs in those tournaments see her get into the seeding positions.

Am i the only person who actually feels for her? Imagine how she feels after losing like that again. No matter how many times she chokes, i'll still support her. Slava

I hope her and Vania will do well in doubles. Might help with her confidence and stuff. I'm also hoping that this loss will give her a kick up the ass, and Slava will come back stronger.

Trust me, she'll make the top 20 some day. She's been choking a lot, but she's still moving up the rankings.

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 07:45 PM   #4423
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Reaching top 20 isn't that hard anyway. Even Errani made top 10 and she is way less talented than Slava. You don't need a super talent to be a top 20 player these days. You need some consistency, hardwork, hunger for success and decent mental strength. That's all I guess.

Slava can be a top 20 but that doesn't necessarily mean that she will become a better player if she makes the top 20. She doesn't need to beat top 10/15 players in order to become a top 20 player anyway. If she wins some MM titles with making the 3rd/4th of every event and some QFs then that will be enough to make her a top 20 player I guess.

I want her to become a better player (consistent/solid player and mentally decent at least) not just a top 20 player. Her FH is a joke BTW so she must improve it if she wants to become a better player. Her FH only looks good when she is really on. Her serve too.

Apart from the BH, every other part of her game is inconsistent and can break down easily. Her BH is her most solid shot but even that shot breaks down.

And saying that she has no real weakness is a lie. Her FH is a weakness. She has almost no control over her FH. She also struggles with low balls. Give Slava low bouncing balls on the FH side and you win the point most likely.

Her serve isn't a weapon. Too inconsistent 1st serve and her 2nd serve is a joke. So yeah, saying that she has no weakness is simply not true.

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 07:50 PM   #4424
Setsuna.

The ONLY relieble weapon that Slava has is her BH. Even when she isn't confident her BH wing stays solid and rarely breaks down.

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 08:04 PM   #4425
country flag nazzac

Every player has weaknesses, Even the best tennis has ever had to offer. TBH, i was just trying to defend her, because someone has to. It always ends up being me, no matter the situation. I've spent most of today sticking for Tsonga after yesterdays performance. I was just being positive you know. I've even tried to defend Tsonga's ROS, and that is terrible I have a habbit of doing that.

I agree with what you said though. FH is poor, and serve is inconsistent. I want to see her improve. Thats what i meant when i said that this match will hopefully give her a kick up the ass.

Like i said before though. She's seems like a confidence player. When she's confident, everything works for her. Whens she's not, her game breaks down. I have always said that the main problem with Slava is inconsistency.

Doubles match has started

Closed Thread