Yaroslava Shvedova - Page 292 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:53 AM   #4366
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

Solid start

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #4367
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
Princess Elina Svitolina. Her name is in my sig. She is attractive, isn't she?
Yeah, she's cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Is Slava playing her doubles match tomorrow? I looked on the US Open website but it's only showing the schedule for televised courts
First match on court 8- http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...012/905/OP.pdf
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #4368
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

^Thanks

Slava's doing a video blog for the tennis channel

http://www.tennischannel.com/video/

Also from her FB: 2nd round! But sad to beat my friend Vania, can't wait to play doubles together and be on the same side of the court again!
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #4369
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
^Thanks

Slava's doing a video blog for the tennis channel

http://www.tennischannel.com/video/

Also from her FB: 2nd round! But sad to beat my friend Vania, can't wait to play doubles together and be on the same side of the court again!
There was one earlier where she was interviewing Vania- who seems like a genuinely nice chick.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #4370
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petkovic View Post
There was one earlier where she was interviewing Vania- who seems like a genuinely nice chick.
Yeah, i agree. Everything i've seen wih Vania suggests that she's also a nice person. At the end of the video i just posted, it looks like she's going to do an interview. Wouldn't mind watching that

Back together today in doubles. Go Team Smile!!

I watched some highlights of yesterdays match, and i noticed that the umpire kept saying Shvedova like She-ved-ova. There is no E after the H umpire

Slava's backhand
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #4371
country flag nazzac

And lol at Jack Sock. Slava interviewing Vania, and asks Vania who she is playing and Vania Says "Yaroslava Shvedova", and they continue with the interview. A few minitues later, Jack Sock says "Wait, you 2 are playing each other. Thats Awkward" Yes Jack, they said that about 5 minutes a go
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #4372
country flag nazzac

1st set to team Smile, 6-0. They hand out a bagel

I guess a win here will make Vania feel better after yesterdays loss.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #4373
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

6-0 6-1 in doubles
Frederik is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #4374
country flag nazzac

Team Smile demolish Hercog/Klepac 6-0,6-1

Marry me Slava Vania can be bridesmaid or something, and Tsonga can be the best man
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #4375
country flag nazzac

I just found this article online

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...g-at-u-s-open/

Some Quotes from it

Quote:
Slava said after the match "It was horrible"

Both players conceded they couldn’t wait for the meeting on Court 11 to be over. Beforehand, they made a little side bet. Winner — not loser — had to buy the drinks the next time they’re out on the town.

King lost the match, won the bet.

“I said, ‘Sorry, Vania,’ ” Shvedova said of their brief conversation at the net when it was over. “She told me it was a very hard match to play and I told her it was exactly the same for me.”

Both players admitted they nearly cried at the end.

“It’s not easy to play against your friend,” King said. “But your personality is tested when you’re under pressure like this. And our friendship gets stronger because of something like this.”
If i was with them, i'd try make them look on the brightside. At least one of them was guerenteed to make it to the 2nd round. Yes, if they didn't draw each other there was a chance of both of them making it, but there was also a chance of none of them making it if they didn't draw each other. Also, i think it's better to lose against a friend than lose to some player you don't even know.

I fully understand though why they were a bit upset about it though, don't get me wrong. Slava has nothing to be sorry for really, it's a sport after all. Slava did what she had to do to win and help with her career. I'm sure that Vania knows this, because she seems to be more positive than Slava and it was Vania that lost.

I've been in the same situation when i boxed. Faced a good friend in a fight. We didn't let it get to us at all, and we joekd about it before hand. I got my assed kicked, i admit, but we just laughed about it afterward and still do.

Chin Up Slava!

I've been in the same situation when i boxed. Faced a good friend in a fight. We didn't let it get to us at all, and we joked about it before hand. I got my ass kicked, i admit, but we just laughed about it afterward and still do.

Last edited by nazzac : Aug 29th, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
nazzac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #4376
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Team smile is back

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #4377
country flag nazzac

Slava will play 3rd on court 11 tomorrow, so it's on a showcourt. Hopefully Nishikori will win quickly, so we don't have to wait too long for the match to start
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #4378
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

btw: forgot to say that I saw Slava live yesterday

Only watched the first set though
Frederik is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #4379
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederik View Post
btw: forgot to say that I saw Slava live yesterday

Only watched the first set though

I'm hoping to see her next year at Wimbledon. Fingers crossed

Did u get any pictures?
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #4380
country flag GoLdEnSeToV

GoLdEnSeToV has a reputation beyond repute GoLdEnSeToV has a reputation beyond repute GoLdEnSeToV has a reputation beyond repute GoLdEnSeToV has a reputation beyond repute GoLdEnSeToV has a reputation beyond repute GoLdEnSeToV has a reputation beyond repute GoLdEnSeToV has a reputation beyond repute GoLdEnSeToV has a reputation beyond repute GoLdEnSeToV has a reputation beyond repute GoLdEnSeToV has a reputation beyond repute GoLdEnSeToV has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad I can watch Slava's tommorow
Closed Thread