Billie Jean King - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 04:39 AM   #1
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
Billie Jean King

sucks a**!

Seriously...well I am being serious, but I hope this negative energy doesn't affect Jennifer in any way. I am glad Jen stood up to the old hag but I hope there are no consequences (like being distracted by the press, etc etc).
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 04:53 AM   #2
JCFan

JCFan is just really nice JCFan is just really nice JCFan is just really nice JCFan is just really nice JCFan is just really nice JCFan is just really nice JCFan is just really nice JCFan is just really nice JCFan is just really nice JCFan is just really nice JCFan is just really nice
I don't get BJK. I don't know much about her, but didn't she and Jen play doubles a decade ago? Don't they go way back and are more or less friends? Why would BJK do something so idiotic. Now they may lose the tie. All Jen wanted to do was get some extra practice in. Why would that warrant a dismissal from the team? I am just baffled by this right now.

Yeah I hope this does not negatively affect Jen. I hope she can just move on, put it out of her mind, and get ready for the big tournaments coming up.
JCFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 05:43 AM   #3
cappy happy

cappy happy has disabled reputation
There has GOT(!!!!!!!!!) to be more to this bizarre story than what we're hearing. From what I understand, it's difficult to get players of any decent ranking (at least in the U.S. - maybe elsewhere too??) to commit to the Fed Cup. So to throw a player off of this caliber, for this "reason", seems cavalier at best. I tried to attend this event but even the $200 tickets were sold out when I called yesterday. Whew - - Thank God!! I would NEVER, EVER have even THOUGHT about going if I knew JC wasn't going to be allowed to play!!!!

I hope BJK knows what the f-she's doing because it's not innately intuitive to me... and probably not to half those fans in stands tomorrow who paid a lot of money to see Jen play!
cappy happy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 09:48 AM   #4
country flag veryborednow
Team WTAworld

veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future
pfffff - i came to Jens Den first and had no idea what you were talking about

I've just read it, and it's sounds like a pathetic school yard spat with BJK going over the top.

Could be good for Jen - extra rest - less liklihood of an injury

GO JEN!!!

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 01:36 PM   #5
kazzmazz

kazzmazz has disabled reputation
What an egomaniacal idiot!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't this the same person who goes on and on ad nauseum about the importance of top players representing their country and promoting the Fed Cup? And she axes her top player and main draw for practicing too much?? After fulfilling all her obligations to the team?? Moron. She thinks she's the fu@*ing Billie Jean King.

*sending positive vibes to JCap*

GO JEN!!!!!!!!!!
kazzmazz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 01:59 PM   #6
country flag Snuffkin
YOU'RE WELCOME!

Snuffkin has much to be proud of Snuffkin has much to be proud of Snuffkin has much to be proud of Snuffkin has much to be proud of Snuffkin has much to be proud of Snuffkin has much to be proud of Snuffkin has much to be proud of Snuffkin has much to be proud of Snuffkin has much to be proud of Snuffkin has much to be proud of Snuffkin has much to be proud of
Well, truth is, she broke the rules. Problem is, it's a crazy rule. How can an extra practice session have been bad for the team? She would only have improved her play...surely a bonus for the team?

Although I can see both sides of the argument, I'm completely with Jennifer on this one. Fed Cup is not her career, she has other tournaments to look out for. If the other players are satisfied with little preparation then good luck to them, but Jennifer wants all the practice she can get and this is a problem? If she had hit someone, got drunk before her match, then throw her off the team, but for trying to make herself a better player...such a crime.

Stupid rule...but part of me think that even violation of it isn't enough for being dismissed. Surely forfeitting her first match and fining her would have been enough. Something else may have been said/done behind the scenes. It will be interesting to see what happens when Fed Cup comes around again next.

My main worry is what it will do to Jennifer. I do so hope that she will just shrug this off and it will inspire her to a great clay court season, but who knows where her head is at most of the time? Not too happy about it for her...but as a Brit...Fed Cup? no thanks!
Snuffkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 03:14 PM   #7
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
$200 dollars a ticket....YEEESH!

That is fitting of a final round match between top players.

I hope all the people that got ripped give BJK a piece of their mind when she is introduced on court.
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 04:37 PM   #8
country flag paigery

paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark35
$200 dollars a ticket....YEEESH!

That is fitting of a final round match between top players.

I hope all the people that got ripped give BJK a piece of their mind when she is introduced on court.
I know I am on vacation and I swore I would not post while away but guys this is stupid. And Capriati did not even complete the practice session, in her statement on Friday night Jennifer said she did not have the session, that she was dismissed for "scheduling" the practice session witha hitting partner and her coach, so how idiotic is that!!!!!!!!BJK made a huge error, BJK=moron..................................Capriat i should just take the rest period and forget about this, BJK should have enough egg on her face to sell a dozen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CAPPA!

GO CAPPA!
paigery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 05:09 PM   #9
country flag Luna_Angel_84

Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice
BJK is a fucking wanker. I mean it'd have been far worse if Jen hadn't been practising, but oh no, she gets booted off simply for wanting to practice a little more. Such a a stupid rule.
I just hope to God Jen bounces back from this okay because she was really looking forward to representing her country!
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 05:37 PM   #10
country flag veryborednow
Team WTAworld

veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future
Sorry to be the cynical one here - I love Jen and all that

But ... do you honestly believe that potentially breaking a code polka dot rule is worthy of dismissal from the team ???

Or is there something else going on here?
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 06:39 PM   #11
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
The real issue was over Stefano being with and practicing with Capriati. Go to ********************

I also did a copy and paste in GM.

Lets look on the bright side. Maybe this will fire her up to do well in France!
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 06:42 PM   #12
Veggy

Veggy is an unknown quantity at this point
I read in a few articles that BJK got fed up with Stefano hanging around whilst the team practiced. But , come on BJK, how could you do that? You kick of the worlds best tennis player out of your team. I'll so be laughing if they lose now. Everyone thinks there is more to this story that BJK and Jen are letting on. Anyone agree?
Veggy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 06:52 PM   #13
country flag Nimi
Team WTAworld

Nimi has disabled reputation
i do!
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 08:17 PM   #14
kazzmazz

kazzmazz has disabled reputation
Obviously there's more going on. But if BJK had issues with Jen she should have kept it on the down-low, let Jen play and focus on winning a normally routine tie (which is her job afterall), and then simply not invited Jen to return next time.

Instead genius decides to pull a (very public) power trip and is gonna end up with a lot of egg on her face and questions to answer if the US loses (which it looks like they might). Ironically, she's been a lot more detrimental to the team and team spirit in the way she's handled the situation. But what else do you expect from a woman who terrorizes small children (right Mark? ).

No wonder the Williams sisters don't want to play for the tyrant bitch unless there's an Olympic medal in it for them. Obviously Jen's out of the picture now as well. BJK will be eating major crow, maybe as soon as tomorrow.

I just hope the inevitable media circus over this doesn't affect get to Jen in her upcoming tournaments.
kazzmazz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 08:34 PM   #15
cappy happy

cappy happy has disabled reputation
Yeah, $200 per ticket!! When I heard that I just laughed into the phone. Apparently it's so expensive because they make you purchase tickets for both days - they don't sell just a single day ticket. So, I guess that just proves even the fans are subjected to counter-effective rules when it comes to Fed Cup. (And they wonder why no one's really into it...)

And can you imagine - $200 to sit there and watch an exhibition match (no offense to Lisa Raymond) – as if Fed Cup isn’t enough of a diluted event to begin with!! This whole mess seems to me to be a pitiable way to try to sell the product to fans and sponsors and to encourage future players to want to participate. BJK, I think, really lost sight of her objectives and responsibilities as a Cup ambassador and promoter by letting her emotions make that decision. My somewhat educated guess is, Jen wasn't a perfect angel, but it was BJK's responsibility to handle the matter with the maturity and experience and leadership her role as team captain requires. No one was paying Jen to handle team "personnel" issues, and they probably didn't pay BJK to just dismiss them.
cappy happy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote