Big News!!! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2005, 02:38 PM   #31
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastic
It would be great to see Nadal in Perth. The organizers started making a list of players they wanted back in June. Sharapova and Nadal were at the top of the list. Obviously, the Sharapova idea was dropped when she committed to Gold Coast. Sharapova was being enlisted to play this year but Myskina, as the top Russian woman at the time, thwarted that plan when she accepted her first priority invitation.

It would be interesting to watch Nadal play mixed doubles. If they can get Medina Garrigues to partner him, it should be exciting. She's improved a lot as a doubles player and he has given doubles a good crack, having played with Tommy Robredo and Feliciano Lopez, most notably, in Davis Cup. I would expect them to be seeded second behind a Russian team.

Due to them pursuing Sharapova, the quest was also on to secure the services of Safin. He was approached first, apparently, from what I read in the paper. He has loved playing in Perth the last couple of years and he'd be a fool to change his routine after successive Australian Open final appearances. Since Sharapova declined the invitation, I'd expect the organizers to ask Myskina again. Although she and Safin haven't teamed well together in mixed doubles, she's the only one I can picture saying yes to an invitation. She's a bigger star than Dementieva and Petrova in Russia, and especially in Perth. She also loves playing for Russia.

Slovaks, Aussies, Russians, Germans, Spaniards, Serbians and maybe Argentines. If any of those speculations come true, then it's shaping up to be a good Hopman Cup.
hmm for me, that's actually a lineup, and I wouldn't bother to come

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #32
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanovic
I am sorry but we do not know the exact players and teams until our Launch next Tuesday. The information will then be on our website from 5pm Wednesday 12 October and in The West Australian newspaper Thursday 13 October.

Kind regards

Jacinta Beros
Tournament Coordinator
Hyundai Hopman Cup

she answered my email - finally - but we have to wait an extra day
Damn it - now we have to wait till Wed!

When do tix go on sale btw?

Old Oct 5th, 2005, 07:07 AM   #33
country flag SeNoRiTa

SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice
no rafa so i guess my friend was wrong, as i feared

well we'll just have to wait and see now. i don't think marat is coming because on his official site it said he would more than likely be starting 2006 with a normal tournament than an exhibition (ie no Hopman Cup)

thanks for the welcome too! i actually signed up here 3 years ago but didn't really visit all that much so i forgot my password and stuff and only just relogged on this year!! i'm not really a wta fan, only atp...but this board is still good to see what's happening. if anyone goes to menstennisforums, i'm emilita there
SeNoRiTa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 07:09 AM   #34
country flag SeNoRiTa

SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice SeNoRiTa is just really nice
i would like to see a luxembourg team!!
SeNoRiTa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 09:31 AM   #35
country flag groenefeldeffect

groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkymisafan
When do tix go on sale btw?
If you are interested in a Season Ticket, they are on sale now, otherwise for single sessions, it is Friday October 17.

IF YOU ARE ON THE PRE-RELEASE THAT YOU GET VIA MAIL: They are being sent out any day soon, should arrive early next week. This is straight from the organisers.

arvidsson clijsters dulko ivanovic
kuznetsova sharapova stosur

WEST COAST EAGLES PREMIERS 2006
groenefeldeffect is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 01:05 PM   #36
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by groenefeldeffect
If you are interested in a Season Ticket, they are on sale now, otherwise for single sessions, it is Friday October 17.

IF YOU ARE ON THE PRE-RELEASE THAT YOU GET VIA MAIL: They are being sent out any day soon, should arrive early next week. This is straight from the organisers.
Nah I can go for the week(just the fri-mon)...and I wanna know who's playing first before I decide if I go... so I guess Oct 17th then!

Old Oct 5th, 2005, 06:16 PM   #37
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
i think they will come up wih Finland, because it seems they like to have newcomer countries.

finland would be Emma Laine and Nieminen

Luxembourg would be cool too, but Schaul suck badly this year
so Gilles Muller´s move in the ranking ´comes one year to late
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 01:22 AM   #38
country flag groenefeldeffect

groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias
i think they will come up wih Finland, because it seems they like to have newcomer countries.

finland would be Emma Laine and Nieminen
That wouldn't actually be too bad... I wouldn't personally mind seeing Nieminen play.

arvidsson clijsters dulko ivanovic
kuznetsova sharapova stosur

WEST COAST EAGLES PREMIERS 2006
groenefeldeffect is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 01:59 AM   #39
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Hmm actually, Finland would be I like Laine and Nieminen!

Old Oct 6th, 2005, 03:05 PM   #40
country flag Fantastic

Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future
How about Korea with Yoon-Jeong Cho and Hyung-Taik Lee?
Or Chinese Taipei with Yeu-Tzuoo Weng and Yung-Jan Chan?
Perhaps a Moroccan line-up of Bahia Mouhtassine and Younes El Aynaoui?
The return of Israel with Anna Smashnova or Shahar Peer and Harel Levy, Andy Ram or Jonathan Erlich?
Maybe Brazil with Maria Fernanda Alves and Flavio Saretta or Guga?
Sweden with Jonas Bjorkman and Sofia Arvidsson?
New Zealand with Marina Erakovic and GD Jones?
Belarus with Max Mirnyi and Anastasiya Yakimova?
"Tell us Rafa, what else do you do with your right hand?" - Todd Woodbridge
"I have a pain here, in my famous ass" - Rafael Nadal

Come visit me at: www.myspace.com/als_myspace_page
Fantastic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 03:08 PM   #41
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
How about Korea with Yoon-Jeong Cho and Hyung-Taik Lee?
Or Chinese Taipei with Yeu-Tzuoo Weng and Yung-Jan Chan?
Perhaps a Moroccan line-up of Bahia Mouhtassine and Younes El Aynaoui?
The return of Israel with Anna Smashnova or Shahar Peer and Harel Levy, Andy Ram or Jonathan Erlich?
Maybe Brazil with Maria Fernanda Alves and Flavio Saretta or Guga?
Sweden with Jonas Bjorkman and Sofia Arvidsson?
New Zealand with Marina Erakovic and GD Jones?
Belarus with Max Mirnyi and Anastasiya Yakimova?
hmm how about not?

Old Oct 6th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #42
country flag Fantastic

Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future
Hey look, we made it to page 2. Should we hijack this thread too and goad someone into an unwinnable argument?

Old Oct 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #43
country flag Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkymisafan
hmm how about not?
Hmm, heard a rumour that Coria was taking up Dutch citizenship.

Old Oct 6th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #44
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
Hey look, we made it to page 2. Should we hijack this thread too and goad someone into an unwinnable argument?

uhh possibly!

Old Oct 6th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #45
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
Hmm, heard a rumour that Coria was taking up Dutch citizenship.
I very much doubt they'd have him... Has he done the "burger rings" course yet?