- Aftermath of first title - { Beijing 05 } - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 07:32 PM   #1
country flag Ravsieg

Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute
- Aftermath of first title - { Beijing 05 }

Maria was amazingly calm the whole match, it felt like she was used to win titles. She was graceful all the time, very nice to everyone, the only thing I can't say I loved was the way she tends to ignore the handshakes.

~~ just too lovely ~~

Sorana Cirstea

Maria Kirilenko ~ Dominika Cibulkova ~ Raluca Olaru ~ Viktoria Azarenka

Formerly ~Kirilenko#1Fan~
Ravsieg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 07:33 PM   #2
country flag !!!--Duiz™--!!!
Team WTAworld

!!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute
Maria knows that even though the road became easier, she wouldn't have won if she wouldn't have hanged there, fighting with her all.

The fact that she hanged in there took her to sucess.

Supernova Sharapova

0009..Eternal Follower of Golden Girl
The Official Violin Player in Kirlenko's Orchestra
!!!--Duiz™--!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 07:51 PM   #3
country flag Ravsieg

Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute
I still keep with my theory it was the win over Jamea that gave her confidence.

~~ just too lovely ~~

Sorana Cirstea

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 07:55 PM   #4
Team WTAworld

!!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kirilenko#1fan~
I still keep with my theory it was the win over Jamea that gave her confidence.
yah... her last loss agaisnt her was sad... it was like a Davenport def. Sharapova 6-0, 6-0 like... but defeating her so badly just must have brought her mojo back!

Supernova Sharapova

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:14 PM   #5
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I also think Maria finally beating Jamea Jackson was a big relief to her and set her free on playing her best tennis in Bejiing. Congrats to Maria on winning the 2005 China Open and her first WTA Tour singles title.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:15 PM   #6
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
I also think Maria finally beating Jamea Jackson was a big relief to her and set her free on playing her best tennis in Bejiing. Congrats to Maria on winning the 2005 China Open and her first WTA Tour singles title.
Incredible... her first tour title is a Tier II

Supernova Sharapova

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:25 PM   #7
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Yes a Tier II title for her first title makes this a very sweet win for Maria. And Masha winning the 2005 China Open and winning her first WTA Tour singles title gave me one of my happiest tennis moments in recent years. And it's nice to see a crafty and agile all court tennis player like Makiri do well on the WTA Tour which is dominated by Amazon tennis players.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:29 PM   #8
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Yes a Tier II title for her first title makes this a very sweet win for Maria. And Masha winning the 2005 China Open and winning her first WTA Tour singles title gave me one of my happiest tennis moments in recent years. And it's nice to see a crafty and agile all court tennis player like Makiri do well on the WTA Tour which is dominated by Amazon tennis players.
Yah.. is good to know there is another side of the equation...

Supernova Sharapova

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:33 PM   #9
country flag AK-DH Fan

AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future
Quote:

I completely agree Congrats Maria There will be more to come, for sure
Anna Chakvetadze
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Kirilenko
Ai Sugiyama

Other faves are-Hingis, Pierce, Myskina & Dementieva

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|D' Express_020|
AK-DH Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:44 PM   #10
country flag Dementirilenko

Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold
I am sad cause i wasn't able to watch the final. I only saw her at the semis and she played a strong match against Sharapova. Congratulations Masha for winning your first title!!!

Patty Schnyder, Anastasia Myskina
Marat Safin, Lleyton Hewitt, David Nalbandian

"I think I played well, I just finished at the wrong time."

Cellist at Kirilenko's Orchestra
Formerly known as "henner"
Dementirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:50 PM   #11
country flag Ravsieg

Welcome, henner.

~~ just too lovely ~~

Sorana Cirstea

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #12
Team WTAworld

There are plenty of copies wondering aroudn the whole bulletin board...

Supernova Sharapova

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 11:10 PM   #13
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute
It will be harder now for Maria. It's a big relief of course to get the "win your first title" monkey off your back, but now the other players will take Maria even more seriously and will be more aware of her. It will be interesting to see if Maria keeps going and I think she will.
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 11:13 PM   #14
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
I hope this will mean that Maria now has huge belief in herself and believes that she belongs on the court with these top players and big hitters and feels like she is going out there to win. Its also good that she has won a title and she wont be like Nadia Petrova still searching for one with all the pressure.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 11:17 PM   #15
country flag AK-DH Fan

AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMashaFan
I hope this will mean that Maria now has huge belief in herself and believes that she belongs on the court with these top players and big hitters and feels like she is going out there to win. Its also good that she has won a title and she wont be like Nadia Petrova still searching for one with all the pressure.

I know. I'm glad she's won it already. Not that it's been that long(cuz she's so young), but u know what can happen if u don't win one early, it's hard to deal with the pressure of not winning one aka Kournikova/Petrova(there are probably more out there- I just can't think of them)
Anna Chakvetadze
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Kirilenko
Ai Sugiyama

Other faves are-Hingis, Pierce, Myskina & Dementieva

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|D' Express_020|
AK-DH Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote