Serena's 2014 Rome cheering thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 10th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #1
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute
Serena's 2014 Rome cheering thread

If she plays

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2014, 10:49 AM   #2
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena's 2014 Rome cheering thread

Top half QFs - Serena-Kvitova, Sharapova-Halep. Bottom half QFs - Li-Kerber, Jankovic-Radwanska.

Potential R3 clash against Sloane.

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton
Old May 10th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #3
country flag hBence

R1 BYE
R2 Petkovic
R3 Stephens
QF Kvitova
SF Sharapova/Halep
F Li/Aga

Old May 10th, 2014, 11:02 AM   #4
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Forza Serena!

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 11:06 AM   #5
country flag phillytennis

phillytennis is a glorious beacon of light phillytennis is a glorious beacon of light phillytennis is a glorious beacon of light phillytennis is a glorious beacon of light phillytennis is a glorious beacon of light phillytennis is a glorious beacon of light phillytennis is a glorious beacon of light phillytennis is a glorious beacon of light phillytennis is a glorious beacon of light phillytennis is a glorious beacon of light phillytennis is a glorious beacon of light

Explain to me why she would pull out of QF in Madrid (worth more points) but still try to play Rome, where she is starting over in the first round. Makes no sense. If it was enough of a problem to withdraw, its not going to heal in five days. It will get re-aggravated in one of her Rome matches.

No way she plays.
phillytennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 11:13 AM   #6
country flag Z1988

Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post
Explain to me why she would pull out of QF in Madrid (worth more points) but still try to play Rome, where she is starting over in the first round. Makes no sense. If it was enough of a problem to withdraw, its not going to heal in five days. It will get re-aggravated in one of her Rome matches.

No way she plays.
Because with Rome is that she will have a few more days extra for rest (instead of having to play for the rest of this week in Madrid, assuming she kept winning of course) AND she is actually guaranteed a BYE there; that is another EXTRA day of rest NOW.

Beside she can withdraw at any time, it will give her the zero pointer anyway. But if she does pull out now, there is NO WAY she can play in Rome. Who knows it is something small and it heals much faster. Then she can get those extra practice for Roland Garros.

Last edited by Z1988 : May 10th, 2014 at 11:24 AM.
Z1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #7
country flag bobtherobot

bobtherobot has disabled reputation

They really want that Kvitova match don't they? lol. I personally think that she should withdraw if she is not 100%, I don't want anything ruining her chances at RG. Also guys, I decided to reveal my reputation bar, feel free to good rep me fellow Rena fans !
bobtherobot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #8
country flag hBence

Full draw

[1] S. Williams vs BYE
Oprandi vs Petkovic
Peng vs Lepchenko
Jovanovski vs [16] Stephens
[9] Cibulkova vs Giorgi
Q vs Cirstea
Q vs Zhang
BYE vs [5] Kvitova

[4] Halep vs BYE
Keys vs Riske
Beck vs V. Williams
Q vs [13] Suarez Navarro
[11] Ivanovic vs Knapp
Cornet vs Flipekns
Q vs Hantuchova
[8] Sharapova vs BYE

[6] Jankovic vs BYE
Kuznetsova vs Kirilenko
Q vs Pavyluchenkova
Meusburger vs [12] Pennetta
[14] Wozniacki vs Schiavone
Muguruza vs Burnett
Bouchard vs Nara
BYE vs [3] Radwanska

[7] Kerber vs BYE
Pironkova vs Q
Makarova vs Vinci
Q vs [10] Errani
[15] Lisicki vs Stosur
Svitolina vs Vesnina
Rybarikova vs Q
BYE vs [2] Li

Old May 10th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #9
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post

No way she plays.
Rome plays like Roland Garros. Madrid doesn't. Point made.
Old May 10th, 2014, 12:41 PM   #10
country flag Tylane

Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of

Because at first, Rome is her fav city, secondly, we can hope her injury was not serious, maybe she needed only 2/3 days off.
Maybe she wanted to take 0 risk.

But if she plays Rome, pulls out and still is injured in RG, I'll be disguted. So I don't know what to thing about her future choice..
Tylane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #11
country flag Serena-Lover

Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice

tough draw for Serena
petko is a good player on clay
Kvitova is a tough player
I hope she withdraws from Rome cuz I don't want her to lose before RG
Serena-Lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #12
country flag hBence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylane View Post
Because at first, Rome is her fav city, secondly, we can hope her injury was not serious, maybe she needed only 2/3 days off.
Maybe she wanted to take 0 risk.

But if she plays Rome, pulls out and still is injured in RG, I'll be disguted. So I don't know what to thing about her future choice..
Paris is her favourite one.

Old May 10th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #13
country flag Tylane

Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of Tylane has much to be proud of

Quote:
Paris is her favourite one.
Depends on the interviews...
Tylane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #14
country flag Serena-Lover

Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice Serena-Lover is just really nice

I heard that Serena has withdrawn from Rome
Serena-Lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #15
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute

Age is starting to catch up with the Queen. These last two years have been amazing but with all the injuries I just pray she can win at least one slam this year.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote