What are Ur Career Hopes, Dreams, and Wants for Serena? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Of the listed choices, which would you most like to see?

17 slams (Oz-6, RG-2, W-5, US-4)- wins a CALENDAR Grandslam and sweeps the majors in one season but*NEVER wins another 7 17.50%
18 slams (Oz-7, RG-2, W-5, US-4) - she ties Evert and Navratilova and ends her career with 2RGs, but never the calendar slam 9 22.50%
19 slams (Oz-7, RG-1, W-6, US-5)- jumps to 3rd on the all time slam list, but never wins a calendar g.slam or another RG* 24 60.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 1st, 2011, 04:44 AM   #1
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
What are Ur Career Hopes, Dreams, and Wants for Serena?

Disregard this out-dated poll....lol When this thread was first created things were very different and Serena had a mere 12 Slams...lol I created the poll for balance, I didn't think we'd be fortunate enough to witness what we are witnessing. So that's why the poll options may appear bizarre now- back then either option in the poll was acceptable but now some of them appear rather meek and others she's already surpassed.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Use this thread to share with other fellow Rena fans your hopes and dreams for Serena- All the titles, slams, or records you want to see her get before she retires. Sadly we are in the twilight of Serena's career so I will remind you all to appreciate and cherish her, she won't be out there forever.

I think at this point I would most like to see her tie Steffi's slam count- to me that would be beyond remarkable. I would be fine with Rena breaking the record but in the even that request is too greedy I'm more than happy with a tie for 22 slams!

If she did make it to 22 here's how I hope things would add up:
6 Oz
4 RG
6 Wimbledons
6 US Opens

And one more Olympic Gold in both singles and doubles!

What would u guys most want to see Rena accomplish??
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro

Last edited by Sir Stefwhit : Sep 14th, 2013 at 03:27 AM.
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2011, 05:26 AM   #2

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Career WISHES for Serena?

Now we have:

AO singles x5
AO doubles x4
AO mixed x0

RG singles x1
RG doubles x2
RG mixed x0

Wimbledon singles x5
Wimbledon doubles x5
Wimbledon mixed x1

USO singles x3
USO doubles x2
USO mixed x1

Olympics singles gold x1
Olympics doubles gold x3
Olympics mixed gold x0

YEC singles x2
YEC doubles x0

(thanks Pump-it-up)
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro

Last edited by Sir Stefwhit : Aug 5th, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 05:35 AM   #3
country flag kjsulliv

kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of

I agree! It would be awesome to see her win all four in one year...the anticipation would be huge going into the US Open, and I'm sure her reaction would be priceless!
kjsulliv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 03:02 PM   #4
country flag serenafan08

serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute

Well...my "career" wishes for Serena are a bit different. They include:

-More weeks @ #1
-At least 50 WTA titles
-Olympic gold in singles
-One more Roland Garros title

Just so she can sort of be more in the conversation when talking about the all-time greats. She's the greatest of this generation by and large, but to chase Evert, Nav, Graf, and Court she would need to do a little bit more. The hunger is there though; she's not going anywhere anytime soon it appears.

5 AO ('03, '05, '07, '09, '10), 2 FO ('02, '13)
5 WBN ('02, '03, '09, '10, '12), 6 USO ('99, '02, '08, '12, '13, '14)
serenafan08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 03:51 PM   #5
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Of those 3, #1

but I agree with Serenafan08. I want those things.

I honestly think that 18+ is SUPER realistic w/ how the tour is these days
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Oh noes i can't choose gotta think about it a bit more. Option 1 is so tempting, but option 3 she would leave Nat and Evert well behind her. CANT CHOOSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech1 View Post
"Jesus take the wheel"
Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM   #7
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenita View Post
Oh noes i can't choose gotta think about it a bit more. Option 1 is so tempting, but option 3 she would leave Nat and Evert well behind her. CANT CHOOSE
Same, Martina would be SO pressed.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 10:36 PM   #8
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serena would top Evert and Navratilova either way, since neither of them won the Grand Slam. I would love to see her do that, and I would also love to see her and Venus do it in doubles. Also, option C would "only" tie her with Helen Wills Moody for third place with 19.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 10:48 PM   #9
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

19 I guess, shit. Why not?

██████████████████ʘ
Ashe. Gibson. Williams. Williams.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 11:20 PM   #10
country flag Diesel
Been There... Won That... x2

Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute

I'll come back to this.
Imperious in victory. Never conceiving the possibility of defeat. The greatest of her era. The self-belief, that smile, backhand, muscles, serve, personality, all larger than life. There's no greater sight in women's tennis than watching Serena J. Williams go to work.
The others are Great, but Serena's the Greatest

Diesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 04:21 AM   #11
country flag Becool

Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute

Just Want Another French Open!

serena
townsend × rezaï × lisicki
vesnina × keys × mladenovic

facebook ~ twitter
[#ps - in portuguese]
Becool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 07:17 PM   #12
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take the 19, as that would mean she's winning slams for another 2/3 years. Also, she can win another french, but she will still "only" have 2, and it'll still be used against her. The calendar slam... meh, she's already had the Serena slam, so I'm content, UNLESS it involves her winning the olympics in singles as well... Then it could get tricky... The tiebreaker however, would be if in Option 2; You could exchange one Australian Open with another French, giving her 6/3/5/4. Having 3 slams at each venue is highly appealing and would be my choice for sure, but as it stands I'll take the 19 slams for raw numbers(plus having 12 HC is no joke and would be three ahead of Steffi, as well as improving on her record at the Oz Open.)

Either way, I also want one more Miami title, and for her to at least pass Venus/Martina/Justine's title count of 43, no reason why she should be behind them. Kim too, if she goes back to winning form. This will probably be given if she wins those 6 additional slams + Miami.
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:51 PM   #13
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I'll come back to this.
These.
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWilliams View Post
I'll take the 19, as that would mean she's winning slams for another 2/3 years. Also, she can win another french, but she will still "only" have 2, and it'll still be used against her. The calendar slam... meh, she's already had the Serena slam, so I'm content, UNLESS it involves her winning the olympics in singles as well... Then it could get tricky... The tiebreaker however, would be if in Option 2; You could exchange one Australian Open with another French, giving her 6/3/5/4. Having 3 slams at each venue is highly appealing and would be my choice for sure, but as it stands I'll take the 19 slams for raw numbers(plus having 12 HC is no joke and would be three ahead of Steffi, as well as improving on her record at the Oz Open.)
I like the idea of Serena winning slams for multiple uears as opposed to all in oneyearand never again, however I still get a hard-on for the thought of a calendar slam.

It's ironic I chose 18 when I was having a hard time deciding between 17 and 19. *Of all the made-up scenarios in the poll, 18 is by far the worse choice. *To have her simply tied w.Everatilova (without either a calendar slam or more slams won) doesn't help to bolster her in the GOAT debate. *

Martina has her record at Wimbledon, 5 slams in a row, and the best season of all time, Chrissie has her streak of years in the top 1-3, her streak of slams one annually, and her streak on clay. *The calendar slam, especially at this stage of Serena's career, would be something that would elevate her status to arguably the greatest of all time- winning 19 slams accomplishes that as well. *So it's a toss up between those two.
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #15
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

It is really hard to decide. I would love to see her do a calendar slam and I would really love for her to reach the big 20 in slam totals. I think this is within her reach as long as she's healthy and plays for another 3 - 4 years. The talent out there just isn't enough to keep a healthy Serena Williams from adding more slams to her total.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote