Best match of 2013? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Best match this year?

Brisbane Final: Def Nastya 6-2 6-1 0 0%
AO 4R: Def Kiri 6-2 6-0 0 0%
Miami Final: Def Pova 4-6 6-3 6-0 7 15.56%
Miami Semi: Def Aga 6-0 6-3 7 15.56%
RG Semi: Def Sara 6-0 6-1 28 62.22%
Other - Specify 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 25th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #1
country flag serena_the_queen

serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future
Best match of 2013?

So the Queen has been playing some of the best tennis of her career this year? Which match so far this year has been her best and why?
Advertisement

Old Jul 25th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #2
country flag Z1988

Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best match of 2013?

That AO 4R match against MaKiri was impressive in the sense that Serena's first serve percentage was like 95% or something in the first set (only one of her first serves that didn't get "in", and that was because of a foot fault (but the ball itself actually went in) ).
Z1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #3
country flag BeyRena

BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute

For me its the Miami final, because thats the only match so far in a long time where you could see the fire and the anger in Serena's game, the thing I first fell in love with Serena.
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #4
country flag 50Sense
Forget Me Not (July 17)

50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute

Her match against Aga in Miami was everything! Geniusrena
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #5
country flag Kuzzy24

Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future

She hit like 46 winners against Errani. In that match she was focused throughout the whole thing, which unfortunately has become an anomaly in 2013 as opposed to the norm in 2012.
Kuzzy24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #6
country flag Loveangelnr1

Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future

I was going to choose Miami vs Maria (that comeback run was awesome .. Maria didn't know what hit her, lol), but you can't beat a Slam Final. My "other" vote was for the Roland Garros Final. It gave me chills when she stood on the podium and raised the trophy.

BTW, where is that GIF?
Loveangelnr1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #7

Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy24 View Post
She hit like 46 winners against Errani. In that match she was focused throughout the whole thing, which unfortunately has become an anomaly in 2013 as opposed to the norm in 2012.
Demolition Derby
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #8
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Probably her beat down of Errani in RG SF
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #9
country flag J.Bravo

J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

I'll say the Miami final, the quality wasn't there like RG semi, but the fact she won 12 straight games to bagel Martha was bliss. I love the fact Martha was clearly seething and being passive aggressive during the trophy presentation. Truly one of my favorite matches between the two.
J.Bravo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Bravo View Post
I'll say the Miami final, the quality wasn't there like RG semi, but the fact she won 12 straight games to bagel Martha was bliss. I love the fact Martha was clearly seething and being passive aggressive during the trophy presentation. Truly one of my favorite matches between the two.
She tried to steal the handshake
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #11
country flag nemurenai

nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say her slaying of Errani at RG... but that was aided by Errani's general weakness Still though, she absolutely destroyed her.
nemurenai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #12
country flag serena_the_queen

serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future

Statistics wise its obviously the RG Sara. But like some peeps have said she had some pretty lousy competition. I remember my draw dropped watching the Aga semi. For a set and a half she was just flawless, whether it be at the baseline, serving or at the net. Every single aspect of her game was on show and on fire.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #13
country flag Kuzzy24

Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future

Well all competition looks lousy when Serena is playing that well. Errani is no slouch on clay, she pushed Serena into a tiebreak in Madrid IIRC. So Serena didn't underestimate her coming into that semi.
But yes in that Miami semi Serena hit one BH DTL that had me screaming.
Kuzzy24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #14
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Serena vs Errani at the French Open was her best played match of the year.

I mean, you had people on twitter saying "#Pray4Errani"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #15
country flag Blacktie

Blacktie has much to be proud of Blacktie has much to be proud of Blacktie has much to be proud of Blacktie has much to be proud of Blacktie has much to be proud of Blacktie has much to be proud of Blacktie has much to be proud of Blacktie has much to be proud of Blacktie has much to be proud of Blacktie has much to be proud of Blacktie has much to be proud of

For me it was the RG quarterfinal. It was a great experience watching her come back from the brink of defeat and fight for that win.
Blacktie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote