New tournament information: Wed 20/9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2005, 08:05 PM   #1
country flag controlfreak
Team WTAworld

controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute
New tournament information: Wed 20/9

In this week's edition of Luxembourg's Telecran magazine, there is an interview with tournament director Danielle Koster. I'm not going to transcribe the whole interview (it's in German anyway) but here are the main points of interest:

-since the upgrade to Tier II, the tournament is going upmarket a bit: the venue is getting a new look, with new decor, lighting, and blue courts instead of green (they want this tournament to have a completely different feel to the old SEAT Open)

-there will now be four show courts instead of 2 (with space for 500 more spectators) - but the seating arrangements will still allow close proximity to the players

-tickets are still available up to and including the quarterfinals (semifinal, final & whole-week tickets sold out)

-the withdrawal of Justine Henin-Hardenne was a blow to the tournament but ticket sales were not affected and there is still some chance of getting another top player. Theoretically there was a guarantee from the WTA of having three Top 10 players... but the tournament organisers feel let down by the WTA's efforts to fulfill this guarantee. They hope they have learned something for next year.

As we have seen the entry list is starting to look somewhat less star-studded, but I'm not complaining - it's an opportunity for the players and fans to experience a Tier-III-style tourney with Tier-II-style venue and prize money

Hope this info is useful to anybody still thinking about coming.
controlfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 01:31 AM   #2
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
They have three top 10 players, Kim, Petrova and Patty (she should be number 10 on Monday).
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:57 PM   #3
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder where they are going to build 4 courts?

Maybe the practice courts?

Radwanska - S. Williams - V. Williams - Kerber
frenchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote