PYW - Beijing | Final qualifying round | Please vote! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #1
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute
PYW - Beijing | Final qualifying round | Please vote!

PYW - China Open

Welcome to Beijing! A week packed with PYW action. Portoroz and Kolkata also host WTA events; Jounieh and Albuquerque play host to two large ITF events. The biggest event held this week, however, is the China Open in Beijing. Here the absolute stars fight for the most points.
But don't forget to vote for these events as soon as you can!

Tournament Points:

W - 195
F - 137
SF - 88
QF - 49
R16 - 25
R32 - 5
Qualifier * - 10
Q3 - 5
Q2 - 2
Q1 - 1

* If a qualifier loses in the first round, she receives no first round points as usual

CooCoo's Predicted Qualifiers:

1. Alina Jidkova RUS [1]

2. Saori Obata JPN

3. Viktoriya Kutuzova UKR [6]

4. Ting Li CHN

The second round saw little surprises in the top half as all four seeded players in that half made it through. Ivana Lisjak was the only one who was taken to three sets by Russian Julia Vorobeva. Alina Jidkova looks one of the favourites to qualify, but will have to get past compatriot Tatiana Panova first. The clash between Aiko Nakamura and Ivana Lisjak will be harder to predict though.

In the top half there was more excitement as seeds Martina Müller and Jamea Jackson. The loss for Müller was somewhat expected as she faced local player Ting Li. The German lead 4-0 in the third set though, but Ting felt the backing of the crowd and pulled off the win. More surprising was Jackson's loss tp Taiwanese Janet Lee in straight sets. Lee now faces qualifying favourite Kutuzova, who had no trouble against Yung-Jan Chan of Taiwan. Li now is up against seed Emma Laine, who saw off Chinese wildcard Shengnan Sun.

Who will make it through to the main draw here at the China Open? It is up to you to decide as you vote for who you want to win the following matches!

Final Qualifying Round:

Alina Jidkova RUS [1]
v. Tatiana Panova RUS [5]
Aiko Nakamura JPN [2] v. Ivana Lisjak CRO [8]
Janet Lee TPE v. Viktoriya Kutuzova UKR [6]
Emma Laine FIN [4] v.
Ting Li CHN

My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #2
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute
Alina Jidkova RUS [1]
Ivana Lisjak CRO [8]
Viktoriya Kutuzova UKR [6]
Ting Li CHN

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:11 PM   #3
country flag Bus

Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of
Alina Jidkova RUS [1]
Aiko Nakamura JPN [2]
Janet Lee TPE
Ting Li CHN
Bus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:12 PM   #4
country flag Uncle Jason

Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of
Alina Jidkova RUS [1]
Ivana Lisjak CRO [8]
Ting Li CHN
Uncle Jason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:15 PM   #5
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute
Alina Jidkova
Aiko Nakamura
Janet Lee
Ting Li
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:19 PM   #6
country flag Melusine

Melusine is a splendid one to behold Melusine is a splendid one to behold Melusine is a splendid one to behold Melusine is a splendid one to behold Melusine is a splendid one to behold Melusine is a splendid one to behold Melusine is a splendid one to behold Melusine is a splendid one to behold Melusine is a splendid one to behold Melusine is a splendid one to behold Melusine is a splendid one to behold
Panova
Lisjak
Kutuzova
Li

Kim Clijsters
Yanina K-Lina Anna Sania
Melusine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #7
country flag JS

JS is a splendid one to behold JS is a splendid one to behold JS is a splendid one to behold JS is a splendid one to behold JS is a splendid one to behold JS is a splendid one to behold JS is a splendid one to behold JS is a splendid one to behold JS is a splendid one to behold JS is a splendid one to behold JS is a splendid one to behold
Tatiana Panova RUS [5]
Ivana Lisjak CRO [8]
Janet Lee TPE
Emma Laine FIN [4]

Tatiana
Woz Woz Wozniacki!
JS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:22 PM   #8
country flag Bart

Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute
Tatiana Panova RUS [5]
Ivana Lisjak CRO [8]
Emma Laine FIN [4]
Bart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #9
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

Live scores:

Alina Jidkova RUS [1] v. Tatiana Panova RUS [5] | 4-3
Aiko Nakamura JPN [2] v. Ivana Lisjak CRO [8] | 2-5 SP!
Janet Lee TPE v. Viktoriya Kutuzova UKR [6] | 3-4
Emma Laine FIN [4] v.
Ting Li CHN | 2-5 SP!

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #10
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
Alina Jidkova RUS [1]
Aiko Nakamura JPN [2]
Ting Li CHN
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #11
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
Alina Jidkova RUS [1]
Ivana Lisjak CRO [8]
Ting Li CHN
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:42 PM   #12
country flag arpox
Team WTAworld

arpox has a reputation beyond repute arpox has a reputation beyond repute arpox has a reputation beyond repute arpox has a reputation beyond repute arpox has a reputation beyond repute arpox has a reputation beyond repute arpox has a reputation beyond repute arpox has a reputation beyond repute arpox has a reputation beyond repute arpox has a reputation beyond repute arpox has a reputation beyond repute
Tatiana Panova RUS [5]
Ivana Lisjak CRO [8]
Janet Lee TPE
Emma Laine FIN [4]
arpox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:43 PM   #13
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Tatiana Panova RUS [5]
Aiko Nakamura JPN [2]
Janet Lee TPE
Ting Li CHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
I don't like Venus or Urszula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
If Ula can beat you 6-1, 6-3 then you know you're a mug
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #14
country flag gary

gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of
Jidkova
Lisjak
Lee
Laine
gary is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 03:35 PM   #15
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

Live scores:

Alina Jidkova RUS [1] v. Tatiana Panova RUS [5] | 6-3 1-2
Aiko Nakamura JPN [2] v. Ivana Lisjak CRO [8] | 3-6 1-2
Janet Lee TPE v. Viktoriya Kutuzova UKR [6] | 3-6 3-0
Emma Laine FIN [4] v.
Ting Li CHN | 2-6 2-2

RIP ELENA BALTACHA