can you help about Lena cheers? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 18th, 2005, 02:33 AM   #1
country flag ZeeKoei

ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all
can you help about Lena cheers?

help me out plz

I shot a little movieclip of lena in her olympic game against nastya

http://zeekoei.brinkster.net/picture.../lena_ambi.wmv

what cheers does the crowd shout there?
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #2
country flag Calliope.
Martina&Roger <3

Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future
Can't help sorry

Larcher de Brito | Giorgi | Bouchard | Goerges | Stephens

Kirilenko | Sharapova | Kvitova | Pennetta | Garcia | Burnett
Azarenka | Wozniacki | McHale | Keys | Puig | Bencic | Italians
Calliope. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2005, 12:41 PM   #3
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
Maybe I'm of no help what-so-ever but most of it just sounded like cheers and jeers......and some forms of "ole ole's" like you get at football (soccer) matches. Having said that, I don't speak Greek so can't pick out words like perhaps our Greek friends on this forum can

-Rache
RayRob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 12:49 AM   #4
country flag guizzy

guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all
I can hear only two cheers. The one is "Hellas ole ole I never stop to sing" and the other one is "Lena you can qualify". Of course they sound much better in Greek, when they are translated they are I think they are loosing they power.
guizzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 06:30 AM   #5
country flag ZeeKoei

ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all ZeeKoei is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by guizzy
I can hear only two cheers. The one is "Hellas ole ole I never stop to sing" and the other one is "Lena you can qualify". Of course they sound much better in Greek, when they are translated they are I think they are loosing they power.
thx!

And what are they in greek? Hellas ole ole isn't the prob of course,
but 'I never stop to sing'? must be like 'pote de stamato na tragoudo' then, but I can't hear any of those words in the chants, so I assume it must be something else

and 'Lena you can qualify', is it something like 'Eleni, bories, bories na bokrifies'?
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #6
country flag guizzy

guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all
The exact words are "Hellas ole ole den stamato na tragoudo pote" and "Lena boris boris na prokrithis".
Hey You' re good Where did you learn those Greek you know?
guizzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #7
country flag Calliope.
Martina&Roger <3

Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future
Thanks I wanted to know what they said too

Larcher de Brito | Giorgi | Bouchard | Goerges | Stephens

Kirilenko | Sharapova | Kvitova | Pennetta | Garcia | Burnett
Azarenka | Wozniacki | McHale | Keys | Puig | Bencic | Italians
Calliope. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2005, 11:15 AM   #8
country flag ZeeKoei

Quote:
Originally Posted by guizzy
The exact words are "Hellas ole ole den stamato na tragoudo pote" and "Lena boris boris na prokrithis".
Hey You' re good Where did you learn those Greek you know?
thx!!!

I attended lessons in evening school for a couple of years, so I can understand it and speak it a little bit, but not good enough to have a decent greek conversation with my family there (my grandfather is a greek)