why do people feel the need to introduce themselves? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #1
country flag Homeless Jimmy

Homeless Jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
why do people feel the need to introduce themselves?

i have a question why do people feel the need to introduce themselves? i thought the idea of a forum was you talk about topics and don't have to worry about people disagreeing with you or judging you cause they don't know who you are. i never bothered which could be why my thread on skittles got removed plus it had no meaning but hey it harmed no one well maybe i'm just bitter.

Last edited by Homeless Jimmy : Sep 12th, 2005 at 05:39 PM.
Homeless Jimmy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2005, 06:21 PM   #2
country flag cindy

cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute
maybe they are just...polite...what do you think about that?
cindy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 07:28 PM   #3

polite? yeah i guess you could say that but is there really a need for me to say "hi ya can call me Jimmy" surely if you have something to comment on you just make the comment.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 08:55 PM   #4
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Jimmy
i have a question why do people feel the need to introduce themselves? i thought the idea of a forum was you talk about topics and don't have to worry about people disagreeing with you or judging you cause they don't know who you are. i never bothered which could be why my thread on skittles got removed plus it had no meaning but hey it harmed no one well maybe i'm just bitter.

No your thread was removed because it was spam in the Maria forum

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 09:59 PM   #5
country flag Andy Mac

Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future
jimmy..the fellow maria fans intro themselves cuz its nice to know who your talking too and this maria forum is more like a small community now...

If you've been unfairly badrepped go here: http://www2.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=153890&page=1

CHARLOTTE PETRICK

remember that name!

0001..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl

Member of Marias Mafia, known to many as scarface
Andy Mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 03:01 PM   #6

ok i admit i was wrong and i apologise if i hurt anyone's feelings with anything i said. i can understand why you introduce yourselves if it is a small community but most forums are not and generally you need no introduction you just get into a discussion right away. as for my other thread yeah i agree it was stupid but hey i like skittles. like i said i do apologise to anyone if i caused any problems.
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 09:43 PM   #7
country flag Andy Mac

Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Jimmy
ok i admit i was wrong and i apologise if i hurt anyone's feelings with anything i said. i can understand why you introduce yourselves if it is a small community but most forums are not and generally you need no introduction you just get into a discussion right away. as for my other thread yeah i agree it was stupid but hey i like skittles. like i said i do apologise to anyone if i caused any problems.
its alright mate i see where yu were comming from

If you've been unfairly badrepped go here: http://www2.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=153890&page=1

CHARLOTTE PETRICK

remember that name!

0001..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl

Member of Marias Mafia, known to many as scarface
Andy Mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #8
country flag Mr. Monfils

Mr. Monfils is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: why do people feel the need to introduce themselves?

Hello, my name is Mr. Monfils
Mr. Monfils is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #9
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

I run karaoke and do a bunch of other stuff with music 5nights a week. (some nights they just want to dance, or make me do most of the singing, or play the sax, or piano, or electric bongos). I almost never introduce the singers....they seem more comfortable that way-----hey! Miranda lambert! Hey!Elton John. Hey! Love shack girls! If they sing really great, I ask with wide eyed wonder---wow! What's your name? You have to earn an intro from me.

Come on in an sing a song for me sometime not really homeless guy!
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #10
country flag Mr. Monfils

Mr. Monfils is an unknown quantity at this point

whaaaaat does that even mean???
Mr. Monfils is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #11
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monfils View Post
whaaaaat does that even mean???
You are the one who drags out a post from 2005, by a person who posted a total of nine times, and you ask me what I mean?
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote