Kuznetsova out of Bali - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2005, 01:33 AM   #1
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Kuznetsova out of Bali

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- World No. 1 Lindsay Davenport will welcome a change of pace when she lines up as top seed for the Wismilak International tennis tournament starting Monday on Indonesia's tourist island of Bali.

Defending champion Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia was forced to withdraw from the tournament while she recuperates from a back injury she sustained during a loss to Gisela Dulko at Toronto last month. Kuznetsova went on to slump out of the first round of the US Open.

Davenport, who suffered a quarterfinals defeat at the hands of Elena Dementieva at the US Open last week, will head a lineup that includes, Switzerland's Patty Schnyder, Australia's Alicia Molik and Jelena Jankovic of Serbia-Montenegro.

Also competing in Indonesia will be India's Sania Mirza, who has enjoyed the fastest rise of any player on the WTA Tour this year, and 10-time grand slam winner Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario of Spain.

The 18-year-old Mirza beat the world No. 5 Kuznetsova at Dubai in March and last week reached the fourth round of the US Open, losing to Maria Sharapova.

Wild cards into the main draw were awarded to Indonesia's Wynne Prakusya, replacing Angelica Widjaja, who is absent due to an injury, and Virginia Ruano Pascual of Spain.

Davenport, 29, receives a bye in the opening round and will play either Japan's Rika Fujiwara or Natalie Grandin of South Africa in the second round.

Also receiving a first round bye is second seed Schnyder.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2005, 02:54 AM   #2
country flag FaceyFacem

FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future
arantxa is not playing!! what a killjoy, i wish she was playing, i miss you arantxa!!
NEVER say "I don't care who wins, I just want good tennis"
FaceyFacem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 03:24 AM   #3
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute
Sanchez playing. That's hilarious. Wish it was true!
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 07:20 AM   #4
country flag marmite1

marmite1 has a reputation beyond repute marmite1 has a reputation beyond repute marmite1 has a reputation beyond repute marmite1 has a reputation beyond repute marmite1 has a reputation beyond repute marmite1 has a reputation beyond repute marmite1 has a reputation beyond repute marmite1 has a reputation beyond repute marmite1 has a reputation beyond repute marmite1 has a reputation beyond repute marmite1 has a reputation beyond repute
Poor svetlana!! Hope her back heals soon.
marmite1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 08:19 AM   #5
country flag JonBcn
Tart with a Heart

JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute
Arantxa and Sveta were to play doubles here, so obviously ASV had to withdraw too. Pity
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 08:46 AM   #6
country flag Maryamator

Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute
svetlana
Maryamator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 09:56 AM   #7
country flag Dymension

Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold
Dymension is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #8
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
That back injury came at a bad time for Sveta, right before the US Open.
But she never used it as an excuse.
I knew she was hurting, but she never admits to injuries.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote