PYW US Open | Semifinals | Please vote! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2005, 07:09 AM   #1
country flag James
Sassy detective

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute
PYW US Open | Semifinals | Please vote!

PYW - US Open

It's that time of the year again. The final Grand Slam is presenting itself; many main draw players are more than eager to display their skills in the coming week.

Ranking Points:

W - 650
F - 456
SF - 292
QF - 162
R16 - 90
R32 - 56
R64 - 32
R128 - 5
Qualifier - 10 *
Q3 - 5
Q2 - 2
Q1 - 1

* If a qualifier loses in the first round of the main draw, she receives no first round points as usual

Note:

This is a special week in the history of PYW. The US Open will be the first event where players have to defend points they earned at last year's event at Flushing Meadows.

It is also very special, because players will, for the first time, earn bonus points for beating their opponents. The amount of points will depend on the opponent's ranking.

The Top Favourites

Kim Clijsters BEL [4]

Lindsay Davenport USA [2]

Elena Dementieva RUS [6]

Daniela Hantuchova SVK [20]

Anastasia Myskina RUS [13]

Mary Pierce FRA [12]

After completing a week and a half superb and exciting tennis we have now reached the semifinals Let's look more closely to the remaining matches. Who has a chance left at winning a Grand Slam!

Alicia Molik AUS [14] vs Kim Clijsters BEL [4]
Clijsters is looking like one of the big favourites for the title this year after seeing off title defendant Daniela Hantuchova. Molik seems to have the odds against her in this match. Clijsters won Roland Garros earlier this year and made the quarterfinal of Wimbledon. She missed earlier Grand Slams though due to injury. Therefore she can play carefree now, cause she has no points to defend for last year's US Open. She has also won her only match against Molik at Eastbourne this year 6-1 6-3. The Australian therefore might very well want to book her plane flight out of here, but strangert things have happened and Molik already got a lot further than many anticipated considering she only reached the second round here last year. She might just be looking to pick up some juicy bonus points in this match to boost her ranking and morale.

Mary Pierce FRA [12] vs Anna Chakvetadze RUS [29]
Mary Pierce is a very solid performer on the PYW Tour. She hardly loses in the first round of a tournament and always gives it a fight. She was the losing finalist here last year, so the points she has to defend will give her all the more reason to go all the way, to pick up that much coveted throphy this year. She's also in form, picking up the title in Toronto recently. Anna Chakvetadze however seems to be one of the rising stars in PYW, building up a loyal fanbase. Last year she was defeated in the first round here, but her increasing popularity seems to getting here further and further into tournaments. In Mary she has a worthy opponent though and she will have quite a fight on her hands, before she can even think of playing that big final. She also lost to Pierce in Berlin in two sets. Like Molik she got further than anticipated though and already got quite a few bonus points. She really should have nothing to lose.

Vote now for who you want to reach the final!

Semifinals:

Alicia Molik AUS [14] vs. Kim Clijsters BEL [4]
Mary Pierce FRA [12] vs Anna Chakvetadze RUS [29]

My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2005, 07:12 AM   #2
country flag Bartek

Bartek has a reputation beyond repute Bartek has a reputation beyond repute Bartek has a reputation beyond repute Bartek has a reputation beyond repute Bartek has a reputation beyond repute Bartek has a reputation beyond repute Bartek has a reputation beyond repute Bartek has a reputation beyond repute Bartek has a reputation beyond repute Bartek has a reputation beyond repute Bartek has a reputation beyond repute
Kim Clijsters BEL [4]
Mary Pierce FRA [12]

Agnieszka Radwańska
Ula Radwańska
Marta Domachowska
Bartek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 07:13 AM   #3
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
Alicia Molik AUS [14]
Anna Chakvetadze RUS [29]
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 07:14 AM   #4
country flag James
Sassy detective

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute
Clijsters
Chakvetadze

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 07:17 AM   #5
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute
Kim Clijsters BEL [4]

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 07:18 AM   #6
country flag Pszczelny

Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute
Kim Clijsters BEL [4]
Pszczelny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 07:33 AM   #7
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute
Alicia Molik AUS [14]
Mary Pierce FRA [12]
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 07:46 AM   #8
country flag rrfnpump

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute
Kim Clijsters BEL [4]
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 07:52 AM   #9
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute
Molik
Pierce
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 08:00 AM   #10
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
Clijsters
Chakvetadze
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 08:12 AM   #11
country flag Sharapova's_Boy

Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Kim Clijsters
Anna Chakvetadze

Sharapova's_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 08:16 AM   #12
country flag Drimal

Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute
Kim Clijsters BEL [4]
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 08:53 AM   #13
country flag Bart

Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute
Clijsters
Chakvetadze
Bart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 09:19 AM   #14
country flag James
Sassy detective

Live scores:

Alicia Molik AUS [14] vs. Kim Clijsters BEL [4] | 3-6 0-3
Mary Pierce FRA [12] vs Anna Chakvetadze RUS [29] | 3-6 0-3

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 09:31 AM   #15
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Molik
Chakvetadze

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote