Alexia Virgili? Margot Torre? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Alexia Virgili? Margot Torre?

Anybody knows what has happened to her?

Last year she won a $10K in Italy beating Mezak, Zahlavova & Bindi all the way still being a junior and had a nice run at some Spanish tournaments. Even in juniors she had great results winning a Grade 2 in France beating both Nicolescu sisters, Buzarnescu and Adriana González Peñas.

This year all she's played is one tournament in France losing easily in first round qualies...

Last edited by spiceboy : Sep 5th, 2005 at 04:22 PM.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2005, 07:10 PM   #2
country flag takaja

takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold
She had a serious elbow injury. She has been operated in june, but i don't know when she will come back.

Who follows football (and particularly who is a Fiorentina fan ) surely will remember her uncle, Giuseppe Virgili (called "Pecos Bill"), one of the most important Fiorentina's players in the 50's, when Fiorentina won the first "Scudetto" ('55-'56) and reached the final in the champion's cup ('56-'57)

My best wishes to Alexia

takaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 09:30 PM   #3
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info takaja!

Peccato! Lei é veramente brava...e bella pure!
Old Sep 5th, 2005, 04:24 PM   #4
country flag spiceboy

What about Margot Torre?

I remember her beating Maria Elena Camerin and getting a WC for Tier I Roma in qualies...She turned 19 last May and it's been more than a year since she last played a tournament!
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #5
country flag takaja

takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold
It was very very difficult (no notices from april 2004) but... i found that Margot left tennis for studies

Silvano Papi says: "Ragazza straordinaria non solo sul campo e a cui sono legato da affetto sincero, a 15 anni n° 3 in Europa U/16, a 17 n° 400 del mondo. Ora studia con grande profitto e non gioca più a tennis."

From http://www.fitlazio.it/tecnicorg/raduni_regionali.htm
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #6
country flag spiceboy

Thanks Takaja
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #7
country flag spiceboy

Alexia is in the alternate list for $10K Vic in Spain starting 1st of May
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #8
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute
good luck Alexia
Old May 1st, 2006, 09:57 PM   #9
country flag spiceboy

Alexia Virgili lost in first round qualies against Spaniard Carola González King 64 46 75

Carola made the MD beating her following rivals 63 60 & 61 62 so not a bad score for Alexia after all...
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:11 PM   #10
country flag takaja

Alexia
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:42 AM   #11
country flag -Makiri-

-Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute
Alexia is back!

First Qualy Round in Tortosa(Spain, 10.000$)

Alexia Virgili d. Meli Garcia Trucha 6-0 6-4
-Makiri- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #12
country flag spiceboy

Found this pic of Alexia with her 2 young brothers Augusto & Adelchi

Old Jun 9th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #13
country flag spiceboy

Good old days

Old Jun 10th, 2006, 12:43 AM   #14
country flag GABRIEL

GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of
nice pictures Spiceboy...she did win a couple of matches in her last tournament in Spain, didn't she ?? I hope she keeps trying..she is still young

Her brother Adelchi is also a very promising player
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 11:23 PM   #15
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute
wow Alexia won a great match in Monteroni d'Arbia again and this year it's a 25k she got a WC for md as she's a frmer winner of the 10k most likely and she beat Aurelie Vedy(#294) 6-3 3-6 6-1 Alexia