Fed Cup - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 12:11 AM   #1
CB
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Chicas Latinas

CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all
Fed Cup

Russia vs. Germany

Place: Dresden, Germany
Surface: Red Clay Outdoors

Teams
Germany
Marlene Weingartner
Barbara Rittner
Bianka Lamade
Martina Muller

Captain: Markus Schur

Russia
Elena Dementieva
Anastasia Myskina
Elena Likhovtseva
Elena Bovina

Captain: Shamil Tarpischev

Udachi Russia (and I'm not Russian )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 02:42 AM   #2
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
This will be a tough one for the girls from Rusland! Dementieva and Myskina are very tired right now. They will not be able to play their best tennis. Thus, the host Germans have a real chance in this tie. My prediction is Russia 3-2.

The Russian girls don't play doubles together at tournaments. And that bothers me. Likhovtseva and Bovina aren't assured of winning the doubles. And it might come down to that. I don't know why they can't play doubles occasionaly at a WTA tournament. They know they have a good chance to be the Fed Cup doubles team. It just doesn't make sense to me. Udachi R.F. (Russian Federation)!
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2002, 12:12 PM   #3
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Question

cat, exactly what is your evidence for this bizarre statement:

Dementieva and Myskina are very tired right now. They will not be able to play their best tennis.

Why in the world would Elena and Anastasia be so very tired??? They are young, fit, and eager . I think you just made this up! Are you always so pessimistic? Bad cat! Go take a long cat-nap!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:35 PM   #4
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Janie, what's with the attitude? Dementieva and Myskina have been playing alot of tournaments lately. They're probably tired. And traveling to Europe to play on slow red clay, does not make their day! Capiche?
Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:46 PM   #5
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
cat -

They have to start getting used to the Red Clay anyway -- the season is now beginning. I think they have plenty time to recuperate from the journey from the US, & only a couple of matches each, surrounded by friendly teammates, should not be too much of a strain.
Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:10 PM   #6
the cat

That's okay Janie! But it's fun to needle you sometimes! I hope you don't mind it when I playfully needle you!

I think Russia will beat Germany 3-2. I think the singles will be split. But Russia will win the doubles and the tie, 3-2. Just as they did last year in Slovakia.
Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:48 PM   #7
auntie janie

Smile

That's okay, Little Cat! Feel free to dig those claws in ...

Aside from any team thing, I just want "my" players to WIN MATCHES. Elena Bovina in particular could use a solid perfomance. I sure wish SHE would call up Harold Solomon!
Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:08 PM   #8
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
I think we'll win both singles on the first day. Then Elena D. will clinch it in the second, and whatever happens after that doesn't matter, even if they play Elena L. or Elena B., and we'd lose , doesn't matter. But I do think that it will be 4:1, Russia. We'll win first three singles and one of two dead rubbers.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:24 PM   #9
country flag Cassius

Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of
I think Russia 'should' win pretty easily.
No-one in the German team should be a particularly arkward opponent.
Weingartner: I think by her standards, she is having an alright season. On a good day, she can be tough.
Rittner: Again, on her day, she can pose problems, but I think she's not having a great season.
Lamade: I heard of her, but I'm not sure how good she is, or what kind of season she's having.
Muller: Who?

Of course, it depends who plays who first. If Weingartner can be beaten in the first match, then I think the others will pretty-much crumble. But if Weingartner wins the first match, it will inspire the others to do well.

However, like YS, I think Russia will win 4:1. (Weingartner will beat somebody, but Russia will win the rest).
Cassius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:47 AM   #10
the cat

Lamade and Muller could beat Dementieva and Myskina.

Janie, did you call me "bizarre" earlier in this thread? Maybe I'm too sensitive. But that's not what I expect from you!
Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:55 AM   #11
country flag bubble

bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold
Martina Muller just won her 1st title at Budapest last week and she must be on a confidence high and that is dangerous.

Go Team Russia!
bubble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:57 PM   #12
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
I don`t see any problems winning this tie. Dementieva and Myskina are stronger than their German opponents and basically should win all four singles. Dementieva plays in Fed Cup much better than in the WTA tournaments, fighting to the end. Germany will take one single only if they`re lucky, but theirs luck will be enough just for one win. Two single wins over the Russian girls doesn`t sound realistic.
Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:41 PM   #13
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
go Team Russia !!!!!!!!!!!!

Nastya and Alyona good luck girls

Weingartner is still #1.

changed format again so lets see what day 1 is going to bring.

Hopefully Alyona plays 1st and wins so makes it easier for Nastya
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:54 PM   #14
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
if this tie is to be played on red clay, Russian girls will have their hands full. None of them (except for EB who will play doubles) hasn't played a match on red clay this year... This surface is really specific and needs time to adapt.

Russian tema will win, but in tough 3-2
Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:54 PM   #15
auntie janie

Question

Cat, did you actually read the post? I said your QUESTION was bizarre. I never said that YOU are bizarre.

Let me rephrase it -- your question was questionable!

tenn_ace has a good point about the red clay. But the Russian team has several days to practice on it. Martina Muller, having just won the Budapest title as an unseeded player, will be fired up, but I will still be surprised if she beats AM or ED.