Google starts web call service - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #1
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute
Google starts web call service

Internet firm Google, best known for its search engine, has launched free phone calls on the net.

Other firms, such as Skype, already offer such a service but Google claims its version is simpler to operate.

The service has launched in the US, and while Google said no timescale is in place yet for its global roll-out, the announcement has rocked other telecoms operators.

Google Talk is a downloadable Windows application which allows Gmail users to talk or send instant messages. Calling friends is made possible via a computer microphone and speaker. Speech signals are then converted into a digital format so it can be transmitted over the web.

Only Gmail account holders will be able to access the service. To sign up, users must log onto the website and enter their mobile phone number. They then receive an invitation code via a text message which allows them to open an account.

Once they are on Gmail, users can make voice calls, send emails or instant messages (IMs). It is working with other networks to allow voice calls to be made between them, the company said.

Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #2
country flag controlfreak
Team WTAworld

controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute
Google search is the best but I really hate gmail. It's so unintuitive. Now Google-Everthing is starting to annoy me. How much longer before you have to save up Google-dollars in your Google-account to Google-call your Google-buddy and tell him to be a bit more frugal with the Google? OTOH, competition is supposed to be a good thing.
controlfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #3
country flag Dan the Assassin

Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Can you buy shares in google? I reckon there is alot of money to be made if you can.

Laugh your head off by clicking this link

Danimations

Dan the Assassin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2005, 07:04 PM   #4
country flag decemberlove

decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Assassin
Can you buy shares in google? I reckon there is alot of money to be made if you can.

Yeah, you're a lil late there, honey.

....This is fucked up, fucked up....

This is your blind spot, blind spot.
It should be obvious, but it's not.

You cannot kickstart a dead horse
You just crush yourself and walk away
I don't care what the future holds
Cause I'm right here in your arms today
With your fingers you can touch me

I'll be your black swan, black swan
I'm for spare parts, broken up.

decemberlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #5
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Google is splitting their stock, but it's not an IPO.

I d/l Google Talk and I loves it. No more MSN for moi.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #6
country flag Dan the Assassin

Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Dan the Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by decemberlove
Yeah, you're a lil late there, honey.
Damn, I am always too late.

Laugh your head off by clicking this link

Danimations

Dan the Assassin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote