Latoyia Figueroa found dead. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 20th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #1
spokenword73

spokenword73 has disabled reputation
Latoyia Figueroa found dead.

She was the five months pregnant Afro Latina who disappeared a month ago in Philadelphia. Her boyfriend has been arrested and charged with murder. The media had been criticized for always focusing on missing blonde girls and not enough on women of color who go missing. What a tragic end.
May Latoyia rest in peace.

www.msnbc.com
spokenword73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2005, 09:31 PM   #2
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
the poor girl!
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #3
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 10:04 PM   #4
country flag StarDuvallGrant
Golden State Of Mind

StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute
It's never a coincidence that when the phrase, "the girl next door" is used it pertains to a white woman in America. It's sad there is this gap in reporting news that just happens to fall on race as the main and only factor. She was on the front of cnn.com not because they cared like they have been for Lacy or the Aruba girl, only because there has to be some shame in being taken to task for their biased reporting.

StarDuvallGrant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 10:05 PM   #5
country flag ampers&
Senior Bitch.

ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute
That's horrible.
I wonder why this wasn't a huge story like the Lacey Peterson case????
ampers& is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 10:24 PM   #6
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
How sad Can you believe that dumbfuck boyfriend removing the body from one location to another? He should have know that he was the primary suspect, since LaToya was last seen with him Was it really worth it? Now the other pregnant baby mama will have to raise the kid by her lonesome
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 10:27 PM   #7
Veelieve!!!

Nancy Grace is a PITA, but she always mentions LaToya on her show on CNN Headline News.
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #8
spokenword73

Does anyone know what reason he gave for killing a pregnant, defenseless woman?
Laytoia's dad was so dignified and strong. Not sure about Latoyia's mom...Latoyia does have a seven year old child.

I heard somewhere that the number one cause of death for pregnant women are their husbands/spouses
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 10:44 PM   #9
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miching~Mallecho
That's horrible.
I wonder why this wasn't a huge story like the Lacey Peterson case????
thats what im thinking. today is the first time ive heard of her.
that Peterson case was covered better over here
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #10
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokenword73
I heard somewhere that the number one cause of death for pregnant women are their husbands/spouses
i heard that on CSI the other day lol.
thats in America right?
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 10:46 PM   #11
spokenword73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001
How sad Can you believe that dumbfuck boyfriend removing the body from one location to another? He should have know that he was the primary suspect, since LaToya was last seen with him Was it really worth it? Now the other pregnant baby mama will have to raise the kid by her lonesome
did Laytoia's b/f have another woman?
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 10:47 PM   #12
spokenword73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
i heard that on CSI the other day lol.
thats in America right?
...of course. The most trigger happy place on earth.
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 10:49 PM   #13
country flag ampers&
Senior Bitch.

ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
thats what im thinking. today is the first time ive heard of her.
that Peterson case was covered better over here
We had to deal with the Lacy Peterson case on local news, national news, radio, newspapers, cable news...she was everywhere ALL THE TIME.
Now, we have a very similiar case, except this time a black latina is involved and her story is basically ignored.
It just makes me wonder...
ampers& is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #14
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
but racism doesn't exist, people! gah!

May she rest in peace. I was praying this wasn't the outcome. Fuckin' shit of a man.

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

like my av? want one like it?
Cariaoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #15
Veelieve!!!

Slain Pa. Woman's Ex-Boyfriend Arrested

By DAN ROBRISH, Associated Press Writer
3 hours ago

Cousins of LaToyia Figueroa, 24, from left, Tasha Julius, ...

PHILADELPHIA - Police discovered the remains of a missing pregnant woman and quickly arrested the father of her unborn child Saturday, ending an exhaustive, monthlong search.

District Attorney Lynne M. Abraham said Stephen Poaches would be charged with two counts of murder and related offenses for the deaths of 24-year-old LaToyia Figueroa and her fetus.

Authorities did not provide a motive or say what led them to suspect Poaches, 25, who police said was wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying a pistol when he was arrested.

The remains were recovered in a grassy, partially wooded lot in Chester, 13 miles from Philadelphia. A few dozen members of the Figueroa family and supporters arrived at the scene shortly after daybreak, clustering close to the police tape and embracing each other.

"Now she can rest in peace," said the woman's father, Melvin Figueroa. "All I want is justice with that peace."

The woman's uncle, Jose Figueroa, said as terrible as the discovery of the body was, it puts an end to the weeks of fear and not knowing about LaToyia, who was five months pregnant at the time of the disappearance. "We can actually try to go back to a normal life," he said.

Relatives and friends have papered the city with flyers and held large-scale searches for any sign of Figueroa, recently marking one month since her disappearance. A reward fund for information had reached $100,000, including donations from the restaurant where she worked.

The case attracted a brief flurry of television attention after several Philadelphia-area bloggers waged a campaign urging networks to give the same attention to Fugueroa, who is black and Hispanic, as they did to Natalee Holloway, a white woman who disappeared in Aruba.

Poaches' lawyer, Michael Coard, has repeatedly spoken to journalists on behalf of his client, including national television appearances in which he noted that Poaches has spoken to investigators voluntarily and that he has consented to have his home and his vehicle searched.

Police Commissioner Sylvester M. Johnson said Saturday that Coard's public relations moves would not hold up.

"He has an attorney who has basically tried this case in the news media and has depicted him to be innocent. We are saying today that he is not innocent and we are going to convict him and he will go to whatever he deserves to get," Johnson said.

Coard did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment after Saturday's news conference.

Figueroa, who also is the mother of a 7-year-old girl, was last seen on the afternoon of July 18 in West Philadelphia.