I'm so happy that at last Monica Seles is enjoying her life! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 18th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #1
country flag Carmen Mairena
Yo soy esa, la que pone la cosa tiesa

Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute
Talking I'm so happy that at last Monica Seles is enjoying her life!

I've always been worried about when Monica Seles would come back to the Tour, but now that I'm sure that she won't, I'm thrilled to see her so happy, relaxed and human! For those who can't think of life outside the Tour, Monica is a great example of class and humility.

Have a great life, Monica. I hope you the best things in life.

See you as a Hall of Famer soon!
Carmen Mairena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #2
country flag Mother_Marjorie
SWOOP!

Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polla Muy Tiesa
I've always been worried about when Monica Seles would come back to the Tour, but now that I'm sure that she won't, I'm thrilled to see her so happy, relaxed and human! For those who can't think of life outside the Tour, Monica is a great example of class and humility.

Have a great life, Monica. I hope you the best things in life.

See you as a Hall of Famer soon!
I whole-heartedly agree!!

I think Monica's days playing on the WTA Tour are over. She looks very happy and relaxed just "being."
Mother_Marjorie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2005, 11:32 PM   #3
country flag sweetiepiedoll

sweetiepiedoll has disabled reputation
Has Monica announced her official retirement?? Will she retire at the USO or the YEC (like Martina Nav was supposed to do last year )?? She will be miss by all (including Grafanctics).
sweetiepiedoll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2005, 11:33 PM   #4
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Nobody deserves a Joyfull life more than dear Monica
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #5
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polla Muy Tiesa
I've always been worried about when Monica Seles would come back to the Tour, but now that I'm sure that she won't,
She will!

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/seles/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/selesians/
My Eternal Fanship: 1. Monica Seles; 2. Мария Шарапова (‘Maria Sharapova’); 3. Daniela Hantuchová; 4. Jelena Dokić; 5. Iva Majoli; 6. Karina Habšudová; 7. Вера Звонарёва (‘Vera Zvonarëva’); 8. Nicole Vaidišová; 9. Анна Чакветадзе (‘Anna Chakvetadze’); 10. Lucie Šafářová; 11. Ирода Туляганова (‘Iroda Tulyaganova’); 12. Magdaléna Rybáriková; 13. Sabine Lisicki
andrewbroad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 01:00 AM   #6
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Monica has beautiful heart to match her beautiful game
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 05:36 AM   #7
country flag Calimero377

Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbroad
She will!

I hope she won't.
As the game has moved on and many bars raised in the last 2.5 years Monica would be thrashed on a regular basis even by non-top-10 players.

And then people would start to ask why the hell did the great Steffi have so much trouble with her (Steffi lost 33 % of her matches against Monica!!!).
Calimero377 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 05:38 AM   #8
country flag Calimero377

Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAZIER~FORCE
Monica has beautiful heart to match her beautiful game

BEAUTIFUL game???????

Now you are joking, no?
Calimero377 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 06:30 AM   #9
country flag LDVTennis

LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimero377
BEAUTIFUL game???????

Now you are joking, no?
Hey, Calimero, did you read my post over on the Blast From the Past forum (Steffi Graf Admiration thread)?

It is my latest take on the Graf/Seles controversy. I even find something to say about the grunting. Take a look.
Steffi Graf was part of a youth tennis group that was studied from age 12 and then followed, and the scientists called her "the perfect talent" even then. In addition to her many tennis-specific skills, her aerobic capacity was on par with the best distance runners in Europe. --- David Epstein, The Sports Gene
LDVTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote