New Haven - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #1
country flag ZAK

ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future
New Haven

Tati is entering late into this event to get some more US Open practice

Golovin, 17, latest to commit to Pilot Pen
Jim Fuller, Register Staff
08/10/2005

Email to a friend Printer-friendly

Tatiana Golovin is the latest addition to the Pilot Pen Tennis tournament’s women’s playing field.

Golovin, 17, reached the third round of the French Open and upset Venus Williams and Nadia Petrova to advance to the semifinals of the Tier I event in Charleston, S.C. Golovin, currently ranked No. 25, was named the 2004 WTA Newcomer of the Year.

Advertisement

http:// Golovin becomes the 11th top 25 player to commit to the Pilot Pen, but because she missed the entry for direct acceptance into the Pilot Pen, Golovin is not guaranteed a spot in the main draw.

Golovin becomes the No. 2 player on the Pilot Pen’s "next in" list behind top-ranked Lindsay Davenport. If two main draw players withdraw before the start of the Pilot Pen, Golovin would move into the main draw. If not, she would be eligible to receive a wild card into the main draw.

Pilot Pen officials also announced the commitment of No. 26 Ai Sugiyama, which was reported by the Register on Sunday. Sugiyama, who reached the finals at last week’s Tier I San Diego event, becomes the No. 3 player on the "next-in" list.

The Pilot Pen begins with qualifying on Aug. 19. The women’s final is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Aug. 27.

The men’s championship match is set for noon on Aug. 28.

Elena Likhovtseva, who has committed to the Pilot Pen, was named World Team Tennis’ Female Most Valuable Player on Tuesday.

"I didn’t really expect to be an MVP. This is my first (postseason award) in six years," Likhovtseva said.

"It was a lot of fun playing with my team, having their support and the support from my fans at home in Sacramento. It was a good WTT year and I’m looking forward to the playoffs."

Likhovtseva and Male MVP Mark Knowles led the Sacramento Capitals to an 11-3 record and a berth in next month’s WTT playoffs.
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2005, 01:19 AM   #2
country flag wurzelman

wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute wurzelman has a reputation beyond repute
GOOD LUCK TATI. Hopefully a few good wins in these upcoming events can really boost her confidence ahead of US Open.

All the best to: Serena , Nicole, Ana, any other young players.
And all the Brits.
wurzelman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 03:12 AM   #3
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck if you get to play Tati
Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 03:43 AM   #4
country flag yukon145

yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute
Tati should get in because i remember reading an article earlier this summer saying that the tournment director Anne something was hoping that Tati would enter. Good luck here Tati!
yukon145 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 04:04 AM   #5
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Allez Tati. It was a smart choice to enter New Haven. Just hoping that she's not overburnt before US Open.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #6
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-lix
Allez Tati. It was a smart choice to enter New Haven. Just hoping that she's not overburnt before US Open.
I don't think she will be. Of course it depends on her results in Rogers Cup and New Haven.
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #7
country flag yukon145

yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute
now im begining to worry if Tati will get to play. now Vera and Molik have entered here and both push Tati down on the next in list. hopfully she will get a WC, i would think she could get one over Vera but probally not Molik.
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 03:48 PM   #8
country flag ZAK

ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future
Tati being Gold Exempt should help her out
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 04:40 PM   #9
country flag selyoink

Well a lot depends on number of wildcards and upcoming withdrawals.
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 02:03 AM   #10
country flag ZAK

Currently there are 3 WCs, but 6 players in need of them:

1. Davenport
2. Kuznetsova
3. Molik
4. Zvonareva
5. Golovin
6. Sugiyama

So she needs two players to withdraw to be sure, but one may do it if they pick her over Vera
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 02:24 AM   #11
country flag yukon145

i really think that Tati would get a WC over Vera, hopfully she gets into the main draw.
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 03:49 AM   #12
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
I'm hoping Tati would get one. Davenport and Kuznetsova are definately getting one. It's between Tati and Molik, I think.

The field is getting very strong.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 07:54 AM   #13
country flag rseto

rseto is a splendid one to behold rseto is a splendid one to behold rseto is a splendid one to behold rseto is a splendid one to behold rseto is a splendid one to behold rseto is a splendid one to behold rseto is a splendid one to behold rseto is a splendid one to behold rseto is a splendid one to behold rseto is a splendid one to behold rseto is a splendid one to behold
looks like zvonareva is not playing for sure and maleeva hasn't played in a while and she's still in the entry list. tati should make it but i'm still a little concerned about other currently injured, top ranked players who might want to play a tournament before the us open and will try to enter new haven.

http://www.nhregister.com/site/news...._id=7592&rfi=6

Last edited by rseto : Aug 13th, 2005 at 10:49 AM.
rseto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #14
country flag ZAK

New Haven Entrylist

1. Davenport
2. Mauresmo
3. Kuznetsova
4. Dementieva
5. Petrova
6. Schnyder
7. Molik(WC)
8. Myskina(WC)
---------------------
9. Dechy
10. Jankovic
11. Likhovtseva
12. Farina Elia
13. Hantuchova
14. Groenefeld
15. Chakvetadze
16. Douchevina
17. Medina Garrigues
18. Dulko
19. Bartoli
20. Razzano
21. Linetskaya
22. Llagostera Vives
23. Maleeva
24. Raymond(WC)

Next In/Wildcards:
1. Golovin
2. Sugiyama

Aug. 17- Schiavone pulls out; Davenport is in directly
Aug. 18- Myskina enters late
Aug. 19- Myskina, Molik, and Raymond are awarded WCs; Bovina pulls out; Kuznetsova is in directly

Last edited by ZAK : Aug 19th, 2005 at 03:28 PM.
ZAK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 11:43 PM   #15
country flag yukon145

so what Tati didn't get a WC? does she have to play qualies then?