Sara Tomic - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 25th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #1
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future
Sara Tomic

Don't think she has a thread of her own yet, but it's probably about time she does..

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenni...125-1nzau.html

I like the bit about her being a 'net-rusher'.
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 26th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #2
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sara Tomic

I thought she was 13?

I just like the part about how she has a big game and is going to be tall, to compete at the top, your game needs to be special. We have too many girls coming through that have a solid baseline game, but it isn't big enough. We need youngsters to start developing real game in order to push further up the rankings.

Last edited by Dani12 : Nov 26th, 2011 at 12:26 AM.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 01:54 AM   #3
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

I think they just meant that she is our top player in the 14's age group. It's scary how much she and Bernard look alike

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #4
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation

Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 01:54 AM   #5
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

Do we have 3 potential top 10/Grand Slam contenders in Barty, Bains and Tomic?

Would be great to see a country other than Russia/Other Slavic countries with multiple players at the top of the game. Especially if it's Australia.
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 02:46 AM   #6
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dund View Post
Do we have 3 potential top 10/Grand Slam contenders in Barty, Bains and Tomic?

Would be great to see a country other than Russia/Other Slavic countries with multiple players at the top of the game. Especially if it's Australia.
We probably shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves. We've done this before.

Also on a side note, Priscilla Hon needs to be in the conversation with Tomic, she's on the same level if not better than Sara. Tomic just has a bigger profile.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 03:33 AM   #7
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

^ Priscilla Hon is such a cool name

As for Sara, I thought she was about 12! I guess it's nice to hear she's a little bit older, so we don't have to wait as long to see her play.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #8
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's definitely time Sara gets her own thread. As people have said, Sara and Naiktha Bains are two promising Australian juniors to watch out for. They're two of the best players for their age in the world. In fact, according to the ITF 18&U junior tennis rankings, they're currently the two best 13 year olds in the world (although Naiktha is 14 next month).

We all know how well Barty is doing at the moment, so the future of Australian women's tennis is definitely looking promising! As has been said we can't get ahead of ourselves, but we at least have multiple players that we can pay attention to and get excited about. I think after seeing Stosur winning the US Open they can definitely be inspired to maximise their potential.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #9
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Im heading down to Melbourne park tomorrow and will be there at around 9 to watch Sara Tomic vs Samantha Harris. First time im going to watch her play. I will let you guys know how she goes.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 10:41 AM   #10
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

I will also take picturs and upload them here
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

Old Dec 9th, 2011, 05:48 AM   #11
country flag Chris93

Well my Iphone cable broke so i cant upload pictures. But i still went and watched. She won 7-5 6-2. She has a very good serve and very good at net. Solid ground strokes but makes a few too many errors. Still i think she is one to watch.

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #12
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation

According to http://www.tennis.com.au/wp-content/...hips-20121.pdf Sara received a MDWC for the AO Juniors.
Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #13
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Her dad said she is more talented than Bernard. And by seeing how tall he became, she will most likely be tall too.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 05:58 AM   #14
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Sara drew Christina Makarova (USA) in the first round of the Australian Open juniors. Let's see how she does!
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM   #15
country flag Chris93

Hopfully she can get some wins. Go Sara.