Wcs??? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 14th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #16
Chris_G

Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by selesfan1
Zemenova will get the wildcard because that's the rule. I really doubt they would change it.
The rule actually changed a few years ago. Matias Boeker didn't get a wild card when he won the NCAA men's title in 2001. Here's an article with some USTA quotes about the policy change...

http://www.collegeandjuniortennis.co...asBoeker01.htm

By the way, Boeker became an American citizen in time for the 2002 US Open and did get a wild card when he won his second NCAA title.
Chris_G is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 14th, 2005, 08:07 PM   #17
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishar
haynes is still a few off the next in list..

I'd guess: haynes, gullickson, kirkland, mattek (or chanda if she plays), perry, ncaa, winner of glatch/gambale today, and def. Harkleroad.

Q: Stevenson, Loser of glatch/gambale, Uberoi, Vania King, Fansler, Avants plus....

If Stevenson gets a md wc, I think we should stage a die-in at her match
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #18
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Mary Gambale will get WC. (Winning junior tourny)

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 10:27 PM   #19
country flag maxomax

maxomax has a brilliant future maxomax has a brilliant future maxomax has a brilliant future maxomax has a brilliant future maxomax has a brilliant future maxomax has a brilliant future maxomax has a brilliant future maxomax has a brilliant future maxomax has a brilliant future maxomax has a brilliant future maxomax has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogus
it looks to me like Haynes will get in without a WC. If Perry and Rubin are injured, they will especially be looking for a black player to give that extra WC to, and it might be Stevenson, but it really ought to go to Ahsha Rolle.

Surprised nobody mentioned Sunitha Rao, she has a good chance to get one. Mattek should have to play qualies, the USTA already gave her three wildcards. One good tournie at Cincinnati doesnt justify a fourth.
Perry is not injured... She is playing in the Rogers Cup qualies...
maxomax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 12:16 AM   #20
country flag Paldias

Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxomax
Perry is not injured... She is playing in the Rogers Cup qualies...
It's weird though because Shenay was supposed to get knee surgery. I guess she put it off until the end of the year...

But I don't doubt that they'll give her a WC if she's a healthy. Her ranking has only tanked because she's been injured and she missed the whole first half of the year...
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 02:24 AM   #21
monster

monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all
I agree with njguido11......

1. Ashley Harkelroad
2. Angela Haynes
3. Carly Gullicson
4. Jess Kirkland
5. Chanda Rubin
6. NCAA-Zemonova
7. Alexa Glatch
8. Mary Gambale-U 18

....other than Rubin for Mattek.
Although Haynes deserves it more, I think Alexandra Stevenson may take her WC too

After Mattek and Stevenson, the next ones to get one could be:

Rao
Perry
Tu
Tara Snyder- A real outsuide chace- probably a Qualy WC

I don't think Liliah O or Jen Hopkins have a chance for a MD WC.

Qualy WC-

Peterson

N Uberoi

Ditty

Rolle

Avants

Fonesca

Ospina

-Either Stevenson or Sndyer- whoever doesn't get MD

monster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 02:34 AM   #22
setpoint

setpoint is a name known to all setpoint is a name known to all setpoint is a name known to all setpoint is a name known to all setpoint is a name known to all setpoint is a name known to all setpoint is a name known to all setpoint is a name known to all setpoint is a name known to all setpoint is a name known to all setpoint is a name known to all
Does anyone know whether Chanda will be playing US Open?? She made good comeback in matches against L Granville and competitive match against D Hantuchova after a long layoff. Anyone who knows any news about her status, please post.
setpoint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 02:50 AM   #23
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Tara should get a Qualie WC aswell as Sarah Taylor...
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #24
country flag njguido11

njguido11 is a glorious beacon of light njguido11 is a glorious beacon of light njguido11 is a glorious beacon of light njguido11 is a glorious beacon of light njguido11 is a glorious beacon of light njguido11 is a glorious beacon of light njguido11 is a glorious beacon of light njguido11 is a glorious beacon of light njguido11 is a glorious beacon of light njguido11 is a glorious beacon of light njguido11 is a glorious beacon of light
By the rankings:
1. =97 Angela Haynes unless theres a few more withdrawals will get 2nd MD WC
2. =126 Shenay Perry should get 3rd MD WC
3. =141 Meilen Tu - too old no chance
4. =142 Ashley Harkelroad 4th MD WC
5. =164 Lilia Osterloh - same as Tu.
6. =165 Bethanie Mattek - 5th MD WC
7. =170 Sunitha Rao
8. =178 Jess Kirkland - 6th MD WC
9. =184 Carly Gullickson 7th MD WC
10.=204 Chanda Rubin 8th MD WC if not injured. which than would go to Glatch
11.=208 Tiffany Dabek is in qualies
12.=214 kelly Mccain not entered
13.=229 Asha rolle is in qualies (3rd out but obviously will get in after wc go to those above.
14.=230 Jenny Hopkins is in qualies
15.=238 Julie Ditty isnt in qualies deserves 1st QUALY WC might be close on next in list no sure of this
16.=242 Teryn Ashley is in qualies
17.=243 Mary Gambale has 1st WC for maindraw
18.=271 Neha Uberoi - doubt usta will be stupid enough to give her one after shikha switched too india
19.=277 Cory Avants gets 2nd QUALY WC
20.=282 Jewel Peterson hasnt really won any matches lately might miss out
21.=351 Diana Ospina too old probably wont get one
22.=354 Krysty Marcio ???????
23.=359 Tiffany Eklov improved ranking big time recently?????
24.=371 Ansley Cargill - if she is actually playing full time again deserves 3rd Qualy WC
25.=376 Kristin schkulbir- has had terrible yr no chance
26.=418 Sara Riske - no chance
27=426 Alex Mueller - if shes actually gonna play would get qualy but must be injured
others receiving if up to me
QUALIES
4. =462 Alexa Glatch
5. =534 Tara Snyder
6. =538 Sarah Fansler /or 680 Andrea Remynse
7. =656 Alex Stevenson
8. =720 Vania King
9. =737 Megan Bradley / UR kristi miller just won a 10k and beat alves 1st round of bronx had great frosh yr of college
njguido11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 09:11 AM   #25
country flag Botas

Botas is a glorious beacon of light Botas is a glorious beacon of light Botas is a glorious beacon of light Botas is a glorious beacon of light Botas is a glorious beacon of light Botas is a glorious beacon of light Botas is a glorious beacon of light Botas is a glorious beacon of light Botas is a glorious beacon of light Botas is a glorious beacon of light Botas is a glorious beacon of light
I hope it is right, but here should be the 8 MD WC-ds.
Angela Haynes,
Shenay Perry,
Ashley Harkleroad,
Jessica Kirkland,
Carly Gullickson,
Chanda Rubinile,
Mary Gambale and
Alexa Glatch.
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 01:22 PM   #26
country flag Babolatpro880
Team WTAworld

Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute
Botas, you got that from the article on wtatour.com. Please don't try and make it seem like you made it up yourself.

Anyway, Mary Gambale is from the same town as Danny from The Real World!
Babolatpro880 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #27
Team WTAworld

Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute
MD:

1. Mary Gambale (16 years old)
2. Alexa Glatch (15)
3. Carly Gullickson (18)
4. Ashley Harkleroad (20)
5. Angela Haynes (20)
6. Jessica Kirkland (17)
7. Shenay Perry (21)
8. Chanda Rubin (29)

Qualifying:

1. Megan Bradley (22)
2. Madison Brengle (15)
3. Julia Cohen (16)
4. Vania King (16)
5. Raquel Kops-Jones (22)
6. Krysty Marcio (16)
7. Pauline Parmentier (19)
8. Tara Snyder (28)
9. Neha Uberoi (19)

From: http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stor...le_7814_rx.asp

WTA Tour site says they gave eight women qualifying wildcards, but then they list nine.

Stevenson was not given a WC Maybe she's using a SR or something.
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 02:01 PM   #28
country flag Andrew..

Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute
Stevenson can't get anymore WC's. She used her four up already.
Andrew.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #29
Team WTAworld

Oh yeah. Forgot about the challengers she lost in.
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 08:28 PM   #30
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
I wish Sarah Taylor had got in, instead of Megan Bradley or Julia Cohen.
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote