Womens Volleyball World Grand Prix - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #1
country flag forever_rafter

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute
Womens Volleyball World Grand Prix

I'm a huge fan of Polish womens national team (we're European Champions from 2003 by the way and have probably the best looking team in the world ).My fave player is Gosia Glinka who is one of the best volleyballers in the world. She's a fantastic girl, extremely friendly and very powerful too I know her personnaly and I tell you that when I look at her she reminds me of Eleni and when I look at Eleni she reminds me of Gosia I see a lot of similarities between them both. Ambition, fighting spirit, great skills and huge talent and most of all, personality. They both have warm eyes, cute smiles and they make funny faces. They even move their lips the similar way when they talk :-) And they both are tall girls although Gosia is 10 cm taller

If you want to see Gosia in action, watch Eurosport tomorrow live at 11.00 CET. Poland plays Russia in World Grand Prix'06 qualies

Last edited by forever_rafter : Aug 15th, 2006 at 01:11 PM.
forever_rafter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 25th, 2005, 05:21 PM   #2
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
lol, cool, that is about 10am UK time - I will look out for that as I do enjoy watching Vollyball, but I don't usually follow it, except during Olympics

I persume it's indoor vollyball and not beach vollyball - I prefer indoors

Eleni is in the doubles draw for Bank of the West classic too - am about to post the draw in the other thread

-Rache
RayRob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #3

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, it's indoor
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #4

Dear God, I almost got a heart-attack. Poland just beat Russia 3-2 and it was a very dramatic and heroic win for our team. In the 1st set we're up 18-12 but somehow lost it We won 2nd set, lost the 3rd and in 4th we were down 17-20, then up 23-10, then down again 23-24 but won 26-24 and there was a tiebreak... in which we were down again 2-5 but managed to win 15-10! Gosia gave a real concert of play in the 5th set but the whole team deserves congrats!
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 03:57 PM   #5
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
Yeah, I did watch it....the only reason poland lost the first set was because they stared to make a number of errors - particularly missing serves!

Didn't Poland even face a match point in the 4th set? I think the score was something like 24-23 to Russia, but a couple of great spikes and serves gave Poland that set.

It really was a great match Well done to your country - and your fave player who played so well! Poland have great team spirit, even after points they lost.

I prefer vollyball since they got rid of the service over rule (like they have in badminton), where you could only win points on your own serve.....I prefer it now that points count even when you win against serve. How did you find that rule change? (although I think it's been in force for about 5 or 6 years now!)

A great win, didn't get chance to watch the Germany/Turkey one because I had to go out

Thanks for letting me know that it was on, because I really enjoyed it!

-Rache
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #6

You're right. Russia had a match point in 4th set... Tomorrow Poland plays Romania at 17.30 CET and on Thursday we face Holland at 17.30 CET. I'm glad you enjoyed it
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #7
country flag alibaby

alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_rafter
I'm a huge fan of Polish womens national team (we're European Champions from 2003 by the way and have probably the best looking team in the world ).My fave player is Gosia Glinka who is one of the best volleyballers in the world. She's a fantastic girl, extremely friendly and very powerful too I know her personnaly and I tell you that when I look at her she reminds me of Eleni and when I look at Eleni she reminds me of Gosia I see a lot of similarities between them both. Ambition, fighting spirit, great skills and huge talent and most of all, personality. They both have warm eyes, cute smiles and they make funny faces. They even move their lips the similar way when they talk :-) And they both are tall girls although Gosia is 10 cm taller

If you want to see Gosia in action, watch Eurosport tomorrow live at 11.00 CET. Poland plays Russia in World Grand Prix'06 qualies
thx for the info,rafter!just like you,i am a big womens volleyball-fan!but not on one special nation,more in general.but i watched the polish girls quite a few times over the last years,and they are a very good and strong team.and whats equally important,as i think,they seem to be very homogenic as a team as well!that counts a lot.maggie glinka is indeed great,as well as katarzyna skowronska(i hope,i spelled it correctly,if not,sorry..)agatha mroz and so on!i followed the world series over the last weeks,and it was a great event!but in tennis,we have also something in common:i like leni very much too!what do you think,how far will she go at stanford??
my lovely family:jelena jankovic ,sania mirza ,sveta kuznetsova ,lindsay davenport ,justine henin-hardenne ,ai sugiyama ,shuai peng ,marion bartoli ,roberta vinci ,alicia molik ,kim clijsters ,dani hantuchova ,eugi linetskaya ,anastasia myskina ,angela haynes ,elenii danilidou ,anna chakvetadze ,anna-lena groenefeld,anabel medina-garrigues health and success for all my girls!!
alibaby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 05:39 PM   #8

Your spelling's correct. Agata Mroz,who's our best blocker and one of the best middle players in Europe, is not playing in this tournament. She had leaukaemia in the past and now her blood tests were negative again I hope she'll get better, she's a very young, talented and very friendly girl.

Poland and Germany always create a good spectacle when they face each other. Today Germany beat Turkey 3-2 and it was a grewat come back from being two sets down.

And about Eleni's chances in Stanford? I always hope for the best so I believe she can cause an upset and beat Venus in 2nd round. But the 1st round will tell us a little bit about her form, right?
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #9
country flag alibaby

alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future
Quote:
Your spelling's correct. Agata Mroz,who's our best blocker and one of the best middle players in Europe, is not playing in this tournament. She had leaukaemia in the past and now her blood tests were negative again I hope she'll get better, she's a very young, talented and very friendly girl.

Poland and Germany always create a good spectacle when they face each other. Today Germany beat Turkey 3-2 and it was a grewat come back from being two sets down.

And about Eleni's chances in Stanford? I always hope for the best so I believe she can cause an upset and beat Venus in 2nd round. But the 1st round will tell us a little bit about her form, right?
thats right,yes!but with agatha,i am really,really shocked!!they must have found it only in the last few days,right?because 2 weeks ago or so,i still saw her playing!!how terrible...i hope,she will get to full health again!!she is quite young,i s nt she??who do you like from the tennis girls,besides elenii??
my lovely family:jelena jankovic ,sania mirza ,sveta kuznetsova ,lindsay davenport ,justine henin-hardenne ,ai sugiyama ,shuai peng ,marion bartoli ,roberta vinci ,alicia molik ,kim clijsters ,dani hantuchova ,eugi linetskaya ,anastasia myskina ,angela haynes ,elenii danilidou ,anna chakvetadze ,anna-lena groenefeld,anabel medina-garrigues health and success for all my girls!!
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #10

I think Agata is exhausted and that's why her blood results got worse. I hope she'll get better when she rests. She's only 23 if I'm correct In womens tennis I like Daniela Hantuchova, Kim Clijsters, Amelie Mauresmo, Dinara Safina and many more but Eleni is my number 1 :-)
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #11
country flag alibaby

Quote:
I think Agata is exhausted and that's why her blood results got worse. I hope she'll get better when she rests. She's only 23 if I'm correct In womens tennis I like Daniela Hantuchova, Kim Clijsters, Amelie Mauresmo, Dinara Safina and many more but Eleni is my number 1 :-)
yeah,i hope so too!what do you think about danis,kims and eleniis chances at stanford?
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #12

For Eleni and Kim it's a first tournament on usa hard courts while dani played well in Cincinnati so she should be fine I hope all of them will have a good tourney
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 08:26 PM   #13

Poland beat Romania 3-0 (25:20,25:16,25:18) and both Kasia Skowronska and my Gosia Glinka rocked, their attack were unstoppable Tomorrow at 5.30 pm CET we'll face Holland and this match will be decisive
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 11:16 PM   #14
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

I didn't get to watch it today because I have to work evenings until late.....so looks like I'll miss it tomorrow too I did see the end of Russia's match today though.
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 11:02 AM   #15

You could tape it and watch it later. It's going to be a tense match but I hope Poland will win