Estonian Tennis - Page 144 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 16th, 2014, 03:29 PM   #2146
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Estonian Tennis

Katriin has an excellent serve for her age.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2014, 03:07 AM   #2147
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know so much Isn't she a bit small?

I'm disappointed she lost to Hella

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #2148
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

G14:

Maileen Nuudi d. Hella Linda Sepman 63 76(5)

Nuudi d. Maria Lota Kaul 63 63
Sepman d. Carol Plakk 76 61

G18:

Birgit Burk d. Polina Tsernjak 61 61

Burk d. Jana Kuzovkova 63 63
Tsernjak d. Anette Mäelt 62 16 60
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 06:39 PM   #2149
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Fed Cup EA zone II 2015 is now confirmed to be held in Tallinn.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 09:43 PM   #2150
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Fed Cup EA zone II 2015 is now confirmed to be held in Tallinn.
YASS!!!!!!! I was hoping for this Hopefully Kaia and Anett play and bring Estonia back to Group I

Quote:
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #2151
country flag chingching

Mattias is having a wonderful week and is in the Final of the G2 in Prague Also made the Doubles SF with Kenneth Since European Summer Cups and the Euro Champs Gold, he has improved massively It's great to see he is finally catching up with Kenneth

It seems he and Kristofer have a website now and they have their schedule They will be playing the 18U Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl which is great but aside from that their schedule is very limited. Hopefully they add tournaments. They seem caught up in school though, which is good

Valeria plays next week in Egypt, so hopefully she can continue the improvement seen by the other Estonians this summer

Quote:
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 04:28 AM   #2152
country flag chingching

Lera made R2 of a G2 in Egypt and made SFs in Doubles
Birgit made QFs in a G5 in Latvia
Maileen made R2 for the 1st time
Also, Kristofer Siimar won the G5 in Latvia Obviously he improves in tandem with Mattias

Quote:
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #2153
country flag chingching

Lera lost to the same girl as last week, this time 2-6 6-3 6-0 Hopefully she does well in Doubles. She seems to play better at this higher level Hopefully she plays 16U Orange Bowl

Quote:
Old Sep 25th, 2014, 03:03 AM   #2154
country flag chingching

Estonian Boys were seeded 7th at Davis Cup Unfortunately with a tight loss to Italy and then a loss vs Korea they can no longer progress However they should beat Mexico Also nice to see an article about the Siimar twins exclusively on ITF There are tonnes of mistakes though, such as saying they're identical Also nice to see them playing GA Japan with some other Estonians

In a sense it's sad that Kenneth isn't joining them as they would have had a good shot but it is more fair for Martin Why does Kenneth never play Summer Cups?

Quote:
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 05:36 AM   #2155
country flag chingching

Re: Eva Paalma

Quote:
R2: (5)Ellie Halbauer (USA) d. Eva Paalma (EST) 36 64 60

I wonder how much attention, if any, her match versus Ingrid would have gotten.
Why would it get any? What is so great about Ingrid anyway, ranked lower than Anett was 2 years earlier...

It's a shame she did so badly after I went to sleep The games I saw that she lost were very close

Quote:
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 08:36 AM   #2156
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Couple of years ago there were several articles about her and her Estonian connection in the local media. When there was a lot of buzz about her playing against the bigger boys and John McEnroe praised her as the real phenom.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #2157
country flag chingching

Quote:
Couple of years ago there were several articles about her and her Estonian connection in the local media. When there was a lot of buzz about her playing against the bigger boys and John McEnroe praised her as the real phenom.
Is she Estonian :bow down:

She must only be half though... It is so sad to see all these Estonian talents not represent Estonia Still another thread to pollute with Propaganda If only she and Becca were Estonian There are tonnes of successful Estonians in America it seems.

What are these articles and what are her connections? Does she actually speak Estonian? That would have been cool if Eva managed to get through

EDIT: OK so it's her grandmother The only Ingrid Neel I found on Facebook loves Tennis, Estonia, Anett Kontaveit () and Arvo Pärt But she's an old woman...

Quote:
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #2158
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

The original Ingrid Neel (her granny) was three years old when they escaped from Estonia in 1944. She and her sister have spent many summers in Saaremaa and have donated significant sums for the charities there. And no, already her sons don't speak Estonian.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #2159
country flag chingching

Quote:
The original Ingrid Neel (her granny) was three years old when they escaped from Estonia in 1944. She and her sister have spent many summers in Saaremaa and have donated significant sums for the charities there. And no, already her sons don't speak Estonian.
Oh she was the old woman with the Facebook and LinkedIn profiles Sounds like a wonderful woman
Did she donate before Independence as I have been to Saaremaa and they have perfectly good health services now

Why did they escape?

Quote:
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 12:09 PM   #2160
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Oh she was the old woman with the Facebook and LinkedIn profiles Sounds like a wonderful woman
Did she donate before Independence as I have been to Saaremaa and they have perfectly good health services now

Why did they escape?
After 1991. And mostly in educational sector. Her sister Dagmar even worked as a teacher in Kuressaare.

Same reason why 80,000 Estonians escaped that year and as much or more tried to escape. One year of the communist rule was enough and they did not want to experience it again. Especially as they already had relatives sent to Siberia.

Quote:
Ingridi Kuressaare juurte kohta märkis nimekaimust vanaema, et 1944. aastal põgenes nende perekond, nagu paljud teisedki saarlased, Eestist. “Põgenesime oma kodust nendesamade riietega, mis meil seljas olid, et meie saatus ei oleks sama, mis oli meie sugulastel, keda küüditati Siberisse.”