Mirjana Lucic Comeback Thread! - Page 349 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #5221
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of
Re: Mirjana Lucic Comeback Thread!

great win. also, entertaining posts by Mikireturns as usual. Since I didn't have livescore available, the ups and downs not felt as much as usual. good luck tomorrow in final
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #5222
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

OMG! I would rather go to Mars than be prodded by Dr. House!

This is, clearly, another bizarre twist in the Miki-Story. Our Girl. What can we say about her? I like croat123's comment, too: Best fighter on tour.

Most people would not know it, because so many of these fights have come in out of the way places, but she certainly has shown gusto, eh?

More to the point, I think she has shown the ability to "gather herself" and re-focus out there, mid-match, which is like frickin GOLD on the tour. Really, it is.

Mentally it is so so so so so hard - you all know that because you play. This game, even for a power-queen like Miki, is sooooooooooo mental.

Such an abrupt shift in match momentum is indicative of her trouble with Babs' leftiness or her over-eagerness. But her mind is so devoted and strong. She just would not LOSE, and that specific turnaround is the mark of a champion, and Miki has that talent. If she ever gets in a position to make another Slam semi ... these types of matches will change her world. They are so schizophrenic ... portending immense victory or immense failure, and she is "fixed" on the victory.

I have to hand it to her, she has made my year a happier year, just following her, and it is nice to know that we, her admirers/fans/supporters are a "select group".

Do I even dare join the circle to see her face the Lee-Waters Sasquatch tomorrow?
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #5223
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

God I went out tonight, but I could Not stop following the scores. So happy.
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 09:59 PM   #5224
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Miki is entered for $50K Troy Alabama event week of October 11th. She's likely to be the 2nd seed as well.
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #5225
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Lindsey Lee-Waters is a crafty player, but she is somewhat over-the-hill. Lucic should be able to take her out. Lepchenko was a tougher opponent.
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #5226
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Another incredible comeback for Mirjana. She truly has balls of--I mean, nerves of steel.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #5227
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

If memory serves me good Mirjana def. Lindsay last year in Las Vegas QF. I'm not at computer to check but I think it was 7-6 6-3. Hope she can repeat it tomorrow(easier than against Varvara). GL
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #5228
country flag SERVivor

yes, she beat Waters in QF of Las Vegas last year. Look for her to do it again, but for a bigger prize.
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 01:35 AM   #5229
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Time to update Mirjana's ranking progress once again:

March 2008: 700s
April 2008: 600s
May 2008: 500s
July 2008: 400s
April 2009: 300s
November 2009: 260s
January 2010: 250s
February 2010: 240s
May 2010: 200s
June 2010: 160s
July 2010: 150s
September 2010: 100s
And such hard, hard work behind it all. What an amazing inspiration she has been.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #5230
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

I think Lindsay Lee Waters is brilliant. Two Ls and one W.

(Lethargic Lady Wipes-out)

Anyhow, just to get the usual Miki-gang in the mood, I thought I would risk incurring the wrath of our Most Beloved Britney Spears and hearken back to a tune of Power that supports Mirjana.

If you listen to the lyrics and turn your eyes away from the drowsy 1980s lesbians, you will hear endless cheers for Mirjana. Miki!

Oh Miki You're So Fine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIVgyz9YDUg&feature=fvst

Yeah.

Nothing against lesbians. Love them! They practically uphold the tour. But Miki rocks like this old f#$%ed-up song.

Best to all ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIVgyz9YDUg&feature=fvst
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #5231
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Time for another title I guess

Really great to see Miki fighting so hard, I hope it'll be at least a bit easier today. LLW doesen't really strike me as someone who could really endanger Miki here, cause eventhough her scores in Albaqureque seem very nice, none of her opponents were even top150. Heck, I can't even figure out how she got to these finals, cause just last month she got bageled by Pandzic in Vancouver 75k, and Pandzic took just 5 games from Miki this week. She also lost to Spears (not Britney...) in her last tournament, and got killed by the mighty and powerful superstar of tennis, Silvia Soler-Espinosa in the QR1 of USO.

All in all, a chance is here, now Miki just has to focus once more and take it!

Ajmo Miki
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #5232
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Part 2
Closed Thread