Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Cheering Thread - Page 279 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #4171
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
^ Woz becomes a superhuman in New Haven. Its her Home. Actually, thats a tough draw for Woz, she will have to play great just to get out of that quarter and I dont see her doing that. She could easily lose first round if Katya shows up. Cant wait for another sickening photo of her with the Yale football team

Nastya pulled out. She is tired I guess, no?

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Halep Pavlyuchenkova Shvedova Bencic Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #4172
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

La Borz will win most likely. Aga is injured and she is playing sh!t. Barthel is a headcase. Kiri can't hurt her at all.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Halep Pavlyuchenkova Shvedova Bencic Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #4173
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

but Borz might not even make it out of first or second round, especially if hobbit boy is around. Even her terrible form from last year is better than now
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #4174
country flag Coconut91

Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrowedheaven View Post
She didn't play bad, but the match did showcase all the problems in her game. Petra completely exposed her bad footwork with deep balls in the middle of the court. Pavs really doesn't move her feet in that area resulting in some fairly standard forehands netted. First serve was good, second bad. The wonky ball toss is recent, right? I don't remember it being like that a month ago.
What bugs me the most is that she can play a whole match without leaving any kind of impression. Until halfway through the second set she didn't really do anything, it was all Petra. After Darrin Cahill (I think that's his name) told her she needed to be more committed to her shots, she finally started to blast some winners. She needs to start matches going out from her own strengths, not playing in the rhythm of the opponent, how big hitting she might be.

Nastia did compete really well and there were some lovely dropshots. And that one epic rally was so good
Yeah, where does that Ivanovic ball toss come from? So weird.

Anyway, I'm so happy about these recent wins, especially Wozniacki's. Tennis needed Pavs to beat her at some point, I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. I watched highlights and her groundstrokes looked amazing. I'm sure she made some stupid UEs, and I know she's capable of much better serving, but anyway, lots of positives to take from these past weeks. Things are looking better now that's for sure.

Last edited by Coconut91 : Aug 19th, 2012 at 01:45 AM.
Coconut91 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #4175
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrowedheaven View Post
She didn't play bad, but the match did showcase all the problems in her game. Petra completely exposed her bad footwork with deep balls in the middle of the court. Pavs really doesn't move her feet in that area resulting in some fairly standard forehands netted. First serve was good, second bad. The wonky ball toss is recent, right? I don't remember it being like that a month ago.
What bugs me the most is that she can play a whole match without leaving any kind of impression. Until halfway through the second set she didn't really do anything, it was all Petra. After Darrin Cahill (I think that's his name) told her she needed to be more committed to her shots, she finally started to blast some winners. She needs to start matches going out from her own strengths, not playing in the rhythm of the opponent, how big hitting she might be.

Nastia did compete really well and there were some lovely dropshots. And that one epic rally was so good
At current state Petra is a really bad match-up for Nastia, while Karolina is an amazing one. Now if she has to play against them on the same day, that wont be easy. Considering the situation, I think she did fine. If someone wants to beat Petra, needs good footwork and/or reliable serve (to not give free points away). Obviously two things Nastia lacking the most.

interesting against Karolina all her dropshots were terrible and barely won points while against Petra she couldnt miss one. Obviously.
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #4176
country flag Coconut91

Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of

Does anyone have the match vs. Wozniacki or knows how to get it? I missed it
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #4177
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

USO. Pav's section:

(11) Bartoli
Hampton
Oprandi
Petkovic
[WC] Mladenovic
Erakovic
Hantuchova
(17) Pavlyuchenkova

Dani might prove difficult as an opener--not the best opponent you'd want to see. Still Pav's is 4-1 in their h2h, and she should feel confident with that knowledge going onto the court, even if all those wins came in 2010.

Otherwise, a great draw!
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #4178
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

practicing hard.

I'm optimist about her USO. (Now watch her losing R1 after this jinx.)
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #4179
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
practicing hard.

I'm optimist about her USO. (Now watch her losing R1 after this jinx.)

The good thing is that after the US open she doesn't have to defend that much points anymore. I'd be surprised if she could make the QF again, but 3rd or 4th round should definitely be possible.

Clijsters|Pavlyuchenkova|Kvitova|Azarenka

borrowedheaven is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #4180
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Defeated Dani for the 5th straight time, 64 76(1). Next up, either Mladenovic or Erakovic.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #4181
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Its a good week Nastia
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #4182
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future

Didn't see the whole match, but Nastia was really going for her shots. Very good to see.
The ball toss is getting worse by the minute, so strange.

Clijsters|Pavlyuchenkova|Kvitova|Azarenka

borrowedheaven is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #4183
country flag Melange

Up against Kiki so should be a 3rd round exit to Fatoli. So many points

Old Aug 28th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #4184
C. Drone
CFO

Next round is really winnable. I mean really.

Also the Dropshot Dame played good against Petko, I'm not sure slumping Bartoli will beat her.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #4185
country flag Coconut91

I stopped watching the match at 1-0, because I knew right there that Nastia would lose and it would be ugly.

Oh well, more time to improve fitness+serve I guess.
Closed Thread