Hyundai Hopman Cup XVIII - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 10th, 2005, 01:38 PM   #1
country flag groenefeldeffect

groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold
Hyundai Hopman Cup XVIII

Below are the details for the next edition of the tournament, most will not be revealed until October - but here is the early news:

DATES
December 31, 2005 until January 6, 2006

TEAMS INVITED
Australia - as hosts
Slovak Republic - reigning champions

VENUE
Burswood Dome, Perth, Western Australia

NEW ADDITION
Tennis players ranging from social hitters to pennant competitors can now be involved in this yearís Hyundai Hopman Cup and play on the Burswood Dome, Centre Court, as part of a new all inclusive amateur tournament announced.

The launch of the Hyundai Amateur Hopman Cup provides thousands of players at metropolitan and country centres the chance to win their way to the Finals at the Burswood Dome in January as part of this summerís ITF mixed teams championship.

There are two divisions Ė one for serious, come pennant competitors and one for the social player that would like to be part of a team and experience the fun of competing in a tournament.

The new tournament will be the same format as the professional version, with teams consisting of one male and one female player, playing womenís singles, men singles and a mixed doubles in a round-robin format.

Please post any further information you may know.
groenefeldeffect is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2005, 01:02 AM   #2
country flag ivanovic

ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of
Is Serbia and Montenegro invited (Ana Ivanovic and Novak Djokovic). SCG would easily win this tournament, if given a chance.
They better stop inviting the same teams over and over again....slovak republic have been there for the last 4 or 5 years and they finaly won. They better invite Serbia .
ivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 03:20 PM   #3
country flag Tati & Dani

Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute
Hey ! Slovak Republic is better then serbia

they don't have a good men player , so they can't be invited

and your comment abouth they finally won , isn't true , because Slovakia won the hopman cup in 1998 to.

Last edited by dani-fan Belgium : Jul 11th, 2005 at 03:29 PM.
Tati & Dani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #4
country flag Fantastic

Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future
I think it was a Serbian poster who speculated that Serbia-Montenegro had been invited to play with Ana Ivanovic on the team. It was not mentioned whether Janko Tipsarevic or Novak Djokovic would be the male partner, merely speculated that they were the most likely candidates. I'd personally prefer Ivanovic and Djokovic.

I'd also like to see Czech Republic with Nicole Vaidisova and Tomas Berdych, and France with Tatiana Golovin and Richard Gasquet. However, Golovin's signing is reliant on her Gold Exempt commitments to Gold Coast.

The tournament organizers were pursuing Maria Sharapova and Marat Safin for Russia, Roger Federer for Switzerland (as they do every year without much luck due to Patty Schnyder declining her numerous invitations), Rafael Nadal for Spain (possibly with Anabel Medina Garrigues), and I heard a rumour about Justine Henin-Hardenne for Belgium (but that's unlikely given Justine's health problems).

Australia will find it hard to field a strong team this year. Alicia Molik looks set to return, as she loves the tournament, but Lleyton Hewitt is reluctant to participate and I can't see Mark Philippoussis signing on if he's not confident about being injury-free. The male singles spot would thus fall to Wayne Arthurs, Todd Reid or even Chris Guccione, but I'm sure they would all rather prefer to be earning ATP points on home soil than playing exhibition events. It's a unique time of the year for the lower-ranked Aussie players and a rare chance to make an impact with home support behind them. It's possible that Australia may end up with last year's replacement player, Paul Baccanello, or Jaymon Crabb from WA. No matter who plays though, it shouldn't be too hard to fill the seats.
"Tell us Rafa, what else do you do with your right hand?" - Todd Woodbridge
"I have a pain here, in my famous ass" - Rafael Nadal

Come visit me at: www.myspace.com/als_myspace_page
Fantastic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 05:59 PM   #5
country flag Tati & Dani

Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute
mmm i think it would be clijsters/rochus or malisse for belgium.
I don't think Justine is interested for the hopman cup.
Tati & Dani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 01:40 PM   #6

groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastic
and France with Tatiana Golovin and Richard Gasquet. However, Golovin's signing is reliant on her Gold Exempt commitments to Gold Coast.
I don't know if you are aware - but this pairing was in the 2005 tournament, but because of the Gold Coast tourney, they had to pull out late.

Quote:
The tournament organizers were pursuing Maria Sharapova and Marat Safin for Russia, Roger Federer for Switzerland (as they do every year without much luck due to Patty Schnyder declining her numerous invitations),
Sharapova would be great, and I doubt Safin will say no to another trip to Perth. Federer was touted again, and there was a rumour that Hingis would come out of retirement, but nothing eventuated.

Quote:
Australia will find it hard to field a strong team this year. Alicia Molik looks set to return, as she loves the tournament, but Lleyton Hewitt is reluctant to participate and I can't see Mark Philippoussis signing on if he's not confident about being injury-free.
Lleyton would be a great competitor; and I doubt they would even want the Scud to play. One of the lower guys would be alright, especially Todd Reid or local boy Crabb.

Quote:
No matter who plays though, it shouldn't be too hard to fill the seats.
Well I'll be filling one
You got that statement right

arvidsson clijsters dulko ivanovic
kuznetsova sharapova stosur

WEST COAST EAGLES PREMIERS 2006
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 04:14 PM   #7
country flag Fantastic

Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future
I was aware that France had Golovin and Gasquet this year. Tatiana pulled out due to her Gold Exempt commitment on the Gold Coast. Apparently, she double-booked herself thinking that the Hopman Cup was played a week earlier. She got confused because she was due to play the qualifying tie on the weekend before, not realizing that the tournament concluded the following weekend. I hope they return. Gasquet is playing incredibly well this year and a really exciting young player to watch.

I can almost predict that Wayne Arthurs, Todd Reid, Peter Luczak and Chris Guccione will be awarded Wildcards into the Next Generation Hardcourts in Adelaide and probably won't forgo potential points to play in Perth. Fingers crossed for Lleyton Hewitt to return but he did so well in Australia this year by not playing in Perth that he might stick to the same schedule. Chances are he will play Adelaide again. Jaymon Crabb would be an inspired choice IMO if he's fit enough to play. Maybe even one of our top Aussie junior boys might get a guernsey the same way Jelena Dokic got her big break.

Old Jul 13th, 2005, 02:58 AM   #8
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
I wanna go... but I hope the The Netherlands will get asked back, and if Belgium come, then I hope it's Clijsters and Malisse...

They better not ask Mark P to play for Australia again! if they do, I'll certainly be cheering against! I like Alicia, but then it will depend who she's playing! Just hope I can get some time off work!

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 12:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkymisafan
I wanna go... but I hope the The Netherlands will get asked back, and if Belgium come, then I hope it's Clijsters and Malisse...

They better not ask Mark P to play for Australia again! if they do, I'll certainly be cheering against! I like Alicia, but then it will depend who she's playing! Just hope I can get some time off work!
I hope the Netherlands come back too... it's the only chance I'll have to get that autograph of Misa!

I hope Philippousis doesn't play, he's wayyyyyyyyy past his best!

Old Jul 13th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #10
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by groenefeldeffect
I hope the Netherlands come back too... it's the only chance I'll have to get that autograph of Misa!

I hope Philippousis doesn't play, he's wayyyyyyyyy past his best!
ahh so you're from Perth? Are you Lincoln?

I can't stand Mark P...never have liked him!

Old Jul 13th, 2005, 01:28 PM   #11

Quote:
ahh so you're from Perth? Are you Lincoln?
Oh yeah... from the guestbook!

Yeah, that's me

Old Jul 13th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #12
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
Oh yeah... from the guestbook!

Yeah, that's me
Yeah, from the guestbook!

I'm Sarah btw! Maybe I'll see ya next year!

Old Jul 14th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Maybe I'll see ya next year!
Hi Sarah! Yeah, that would be awesome! Invite Holland to Hopman Cup!!

Old Jul 14th, 2005, 12:39 PM   #14
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
Hi Sarah! Yeah, that would be awesome! Invite Holland to Hopman Cup!!
Well, Misa loved Perth and she's said she'd love to go back so...hopefully Peter also wants to go back.

Old Jul 14th, 2005, 04:30 PM   #15
country flag Fantastic

Are there any up-and-coming Dutch boys to partner Michaella? She might need Richard to partner her. Peter is okay but he doesn't have the aura or skill of Richard, who is still playing competitively on the Senior's Tour, but not as intensely. On paper, he'd be killer in the mixed doubles matches, even though he wasn't the best doubles player out there when he played with Brenda.