Astrid Besser Cheering Club! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 10th, 2005, 10:07 AM   #1
fredbdx

fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Astrid Besser Cheering Club!

Hy guys, I decided to post a cheering thread concerning Astrid Besser here.

In fact, I've been fan of girls who are playing double handed shots from bothsides since I saw Monica Seles playing.

You're quite lucky in Italy because you've several girls playing with that particularuty: Adriana Serra Zanetti, Francesca Lubiani...and someone told me that Astrid was playing that way....can you confirm this??

I know she was born on 1989! and that she's one of the rising italian talent!

This week, she's got a WC in the WTA Modena's qualies!and she won her first match against Aniko Kapros! 7/6 ret.

Good luck for the 2nd round.

Post on that thread the max information or pics you've got on her!!

Thanks a lot!
fredbdx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #2
country flag takaja

takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbdx
Post on that thread the max information or pics you've got on her!!
I can't believe someone start a thread on Astrid and he isn't I!

But it happened, so... here are some informations about her

She was born in Prato, near to Florence and lives in Quarrata, a little city near to Pistoia. I think that her father is a tennis instructor and he teached her the foundation of tennis. She began to play in TC Quarrata and then in TC Selva Bassa, where Riccardo Rafanelli was her coach. She is 1.82 high and right handed. She hits the ball very hard, but someone says that "she has still to learn where the field begins and ends". Effectively she plays double handed shots from bothsides. Her dream is (predictable) to win Wimbledon. Someone says she looks like Kournikova, but i don't agree.

I know she had great results in all categories, but my best information are about this year.

U18: in the beginning of 2005 she won the G4 in Bergheim (she beat Karin Knapp in the final), then she reached semifinals in Bratislava (G2) losing against Agnieszka Radwanska, semifinals also in Umago (G1) losing against Karin Knapp, final in the French Riviera International Junior Open (G2) losing against Tamira Paszek and finally semifinals in Salsomaggiore Terme, where she was injured (she left the field crying), so she couldn't play Roland Garros. She played Wimbledon, where she lost in the second round against Ágnes Szávay.

ITF: she didn't play a lot of ITF tournaments, this year she reached 2nd round of qualies in Ortisei (75k). Last year she made 2 second round in 10k of Ancona and Valencia. Totally she played 19 matches winning 10.

In the last italian championship (december 2004) she reached quarterfinals, losing against Nathalie Vierin.

I can only add that the last december she was given a prize as one of the best young talented in Pistoia, the province where she lives (and i too )
takaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #3
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute
She lost 6:2,6:2 against Szavay
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 02:05 PM   #4
country flag takaja

takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold
I read now that unfortunately Astrid lost again against Agnes 62 62
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 02:09 PM   #5
country flag takaja

Some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Astrid012.jpg (18.5 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Astrid004.jpg (15.1 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Astrid005.jpg (12.4 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Astrid008.jpg (44.0 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Astrid009.jpg (39.4 KB, 73 views)
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #6
fredbdx

fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Thanks Takaja!!

That's really noce of you to give me all that informations and pics concerning Astrid!

you seem to be surprise that I create a thread about Astrid wheras I'm not Italian.....ut in fact I'm half french / half italian by my mum!!! So ....

sad that she lost against Szavay...but she still has to learn and she was playing a very strong opponent!

Where does she play next??
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #7
country flag HTE
Team WTAworld

HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,
Nice that someone made a thread for Astrid, I think she holds a lot of promise and I hope she does really well in the future

Here's some pics from the Modena tournaments website.

Caroline Wozniacki cheering thread My sports photos - UPDATED 18. Jun. 09
¤ Wozniacki -o- Golovin -o- Hantuchova -o- Cornet -o-Kirilenko -o- Vakulenko -o- Schaul -o- Vaidisova -o- Mirza -o- Missing Marti & Anna K ¤
¤ Future stars: Barbat -o- Besser -o- Vaisemberg -o- Lukaszewicz -o- Rodina -o- Vermoezen -o- Curtis -o- Jolak -o- Kalashnikova -o- Kichenok Twins -o- Robson ¤
HTE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #8
country flag takaja

Quote:
Where does she play next??
She had to play in Monteroni d'Arbia, but she couldn't because she had to play the 2nd round of qualies in Modena. Now I don't know. Obviously a WC in Palermo would be fantastic!
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 01:21 PM   #9
country flag Circoletto

Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of
She's playng in Ancona (Italia, 10k), yesterday has passed first round beating in three sets Pinto, a germanic player.
Circoletto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 10:35 AM   #10
country flag HTE
Team WTAworld

HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute
Astrid faces fith seed Cristina Celani today, good luck

¤ Wozniacki -o- Golovin -o- Hantuchova -o- Cornet -o-Kirilenko -o- Vakulenko -o- Schaul -o- Vaidisova -o- Mirza -o- Missing Marti & Anna K ¤
¤ Future stars: Barbat -o- Besser -o- Vaisemberg -o- Lukaszewicz -o- Rodina -o- Vermoezen -o- Curtis -o- Jolak -o- Kalashnikova -o- Kichenok Twins -o- Robson ¤
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:27 AM   #11
country flag takaja

Astrid d. Cristina 63 63 and now is in the quarterfinals against Tina Obrez

Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:41 AM   #12
country flag HTE
Team WTAworld

Really great for Astrid, it's only a 10K but she's doing very well

Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:35 PM   #13
fredbdx

Thumbs up

forzzzzzzzzza Astrid

Great pic of her double handed forhand!!
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 07:17 PM   #14
country flag HTE
Team WTAworld

Quote:
forzzzzzzzzza Astrid

Great pic of her double handed forhand!!
yeah it is actually I just discovered that it's also in Takaja's post from a few weeks back, oops

Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:46 PM   #15
country flag takaja

Astrid lost 60 36 62