Casey Dellacqua cheering thread - Volume 1 - Page 372 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM   #5566
country flag Sectumsempra

Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold
Re: Casey to return just before US Open

Casey retire?
Sectumsempra is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2009, 12:06 AM   #5567
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

^^
I doubt she will retire at the moment. From reading that article & hearing her interview when she was at the FC, she seemed so happy & optimistic about playing tennis again & that she's enjoying life outside of tennis. So with that attitude of hers, she will continue to play tennis.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 3rd, 2009, 12:35 AM   #5568
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

lol why the hell would she retire.
Harvs is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:55 AM   #5569
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

random.
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:04 AM   #5570
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she can take a WC into the US Open. If I'm not mistaken she can then use her protected ranking for entry into the AO yes? I think players can use their protected ranking for one Slam, so I hope it's the AO (that way a WC can be free for someone else).
TS is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #5571
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

I doubt she will be ready by the US Open, any shoulder surgery takes a very long time to recover from, just look at Alexandra Stevenson, she is only just really back to normal now. If you rush back or push yourself too soon you end up like Joachim Johansson.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #5572
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

^^^
Agreed.
Look how long it is taking Sharapova to get back.

I hope she takes into account Molik's rushed returns to the game
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #5573
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
^^^
Agreed.
Look how long it is taking Sharapova to get back.

I hope she takes into account Molik's rushed returns to the game
Exactly, Molik came back to soon and paid the ultimate price. Casey should return until next year, and even then she should start with maybe the $25K's after the Aust Open
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 10:41 PM   #5574
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Casey Dellacqua vows to get back to top form after shoulder reconstruction

By Braden Quartermaine
June 21, 2009

Casey Dellacqua has begun taking the first baby steps on the journey she hopes will propel her back to the top echelon of women's tennis.

Dellacqua had a full left shoulder reconstruction three months ago and, while it's early days, she is confident of a successful return.

"I started to hit a few tennis balls this week, just forehands and just really lightly," she said.

"I'm probably still more than a month away from getting stuck into the serve.

"Until I start hitting full-on I'm not going to really know. There's probably going to be a few ups and downs I have to be prepared for.

"I know that eventually I can get back there."

The 24-year-old West Australian has been dedicating herself to a strict rehab and fitness regime.

She has based herself in Sydney, interspersed with regular trips to her Melbourne physiotherapist.

The left-hander has an injury-protected ranking to enter eight tournaments, including one grand slam, on her return.

She hopes to play about six second-tier ITF tournaments later this year before re-launching her career at the top level during the Australian summer.

Sunday Herald Sun
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 10:47 PM   #5575
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

To me, that says shes not planning on playing the US Open, good.

And by the 6 ITF events, she will probably play some $25k's in Australia and hopefully be back in full fitness in January to get a wildcard into Brisbane qualies, Hobart MD and use here protected ranking into Melbourne.

Giving herself 6 low ITF's means shes committed to starting low and working her way back, not rushing like Molik. I think she'll be fine.
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:39 AM   #5576
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

I think by what ive read and heard Casey has given up the slim chance of playing the US Open....would be good to see her come back and play the aussie 25s at end of year but maybe not all of them....then some rest/training.....back into it over summer!!....i guess no one will know until she can start practicing and serving properly!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:39 PM   #5577
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

If she's only just started hitting now, and still one month away from working on her serve then the US Open is way out of reach. She'd be foolish to play.
TS is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #5578
country flag OZTENNIS

It looks like Casey will miss the US Open and will instead make her comeback at some smaller ITF events (maybe the Aussie 25k's after the US Open)...

Article from SMH:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/ten...127731999.html

ABOUT 17,000 kilometres from the strawberries and cream of the All England Club, Casey Dellacqua is having sand kicked in her face.
But it's the sight of the French Open and Wimbledon on her television that has her hot and bothered.
This time last year Dellacqua was the highest-ranked woman in Australian tennis. But until recently the Perth left-hander could barely lift her arm, let alone hit a ball, after going under the knife in February to repair a troublesome shoulder injury that ruled her out of the final three grand slams of this year.
Now, after relocating to Sydney to work with fitness gurus Nathan and Giselle Martin, Dellacqua is fitter than ever as she prepares for her long-awaited comeback.
"It's been pretty hard. A few times I get a bit bitter that I'm not there and I get a bit angry," Dellacqua said of her absence from the French Open and Wimbledon. "Obviously I can't help it. I needed to get my shoulder fixed … but I had such a good Wimbledon and French last year.
The Sun-Herald joined Dellacqua for a gruelling workout at Bondi Beach on Friday afternoon. There among the pasty Poms and Kiwi backpackers, the 24-year-old was put through a sand session by sprint coach David Wright. It's part of Team Dellacqua's quest to get her from her current ranking of 172 back near her career-best 39.
"I'll probably play some lower-level tournaments in September, providing the shoulder holds up over the next couple of months," Dellacqua said.
"By the time the Aussie Open rolls around, hopefully I would have played enough matches, played a lot of tennis. That's the plan.
"Initially I'm going to want to get my ranking back inside 100. I have got protected rankings and I'll use it next year to get into some tournaments."
Dellacqua is one of the most maligned players on the women's tour for her fitness. Coach and commentator Roger Rasheed criticised her for carrying "excess baggage" during the Australian Open this year. What wasn't apparent at the time was the lingering shoulder problem that plagued her preparation for more than a year.
But after working with the Martins she is in the best shape of her life. Nathan Martin said critics of Dellacqua's fitness weren't aware of how much her shoulder problems inhibited her preparation. "Everyone has their opinion and some people voice them differently. But I don't think it's warranted," he said.
"If someone comes out and says something about someone I'm training and they have no idea or concept behind their statement, it's a bit disappointing."
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 05:42 AM   #5579
country flag Daniel.

Can't wait to have her back amongst our current top Australian players.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 06:02 AM   #5580
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Saw this article in the paper, she looks so fit
jack21 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread