Casey Dellacqua cheering thread - Volume 1 - Page 371 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2009, 12:13 PM   #5551
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future
Re: Casey in Dubai

Hope she takes as much time as needed, the shoulder has to be 100% before she starts playing again.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 2009, 04:35 AM   #5552
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future
Re: Casey in Dubai

Good decision by Casey, better to get it done, hope she has a good recovery. She needs to take as much time as needed and not rush back.
Hopefully she can get back to her best after that
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #5553
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Casey's New Website - caseydellacqua.com.au

WTA players rally for bushfire victims0

Some of the biggest names in women’s tennis have united to send messages of support and donate personal items of value to the fire-affected communities in Victoria.The Sony Ericsson WTA Tour has joined forces with the Australian tennis community to raise funds and the morale of those affected by the bushfires.
Tour players who donated items to this important cause include Casey Dellacqua, Daniela Hantuchova, Ana Ivanovic, Dinara Safina, Samantha Stosur, Rennae Stubbs, Ai Sugiyama and Serena Williams.
These items will be auctioned off to raise money for the Tennis Bushfire Relief Appeal.
“My prayers go out to everyone involved. It’s such a sad and unfortunate event to happen and the loss of life has been tragic,” said World No.1 and 2009 Australian Open champion Serena Williams. “I admire the heroism of those who risked their lives to help others.”
“What has happened in Australia is shocking and so sad, and I would like to send my deepest sympathies to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy,” said former World No.1 and 2008 Australian Open runner-up Ana Ivanovic. “I have family in Melbourne and was very concerned for the safety and welfare of their friends in Victoria. Australians have a great spirit, and my thoughts are with them.”
Optus Australian Fed Cup member Rennae Stubbs added, “I was just down in the Yarra Valley enjoying a beautiful lunch at Yering Station a few weeks ago and had such a great time. My heart breaks for all the wonderful people who live in that beautiful part of our country. I would like to send my best wishes to the families who have lost their homes and especially to those who have lost loved ones. My heart goes out to you all.”
Tennis authorities have also put their long-term commitment to rebuild the fire-affected communities into action today with the first of many visits to fire affected tennis clubs.
Tennis Australia staff visited the bushfire affected towns of Flowerdale and Wandong to provide help, support and aid the community in getting back to playing tennis sooner.
Clinics were conducted in conjunction with community meetings to boost morale and give the communities a real sense of the support that will be provided throughout the whole rebuild process.
Club committee members, council members and representatives of ‘tennis’ met to discuss setting up work plans for the two tennis clubs while an Aviva Tennis Hot Shots clinic was held for club/community members and their families.
International Tennis Federation vice-president and Tennis Australia President Geoff Pollard and Tennis Victoria President David Stobart said, “The tennis family can be proud of its response. What we want to do is ensure a coordinated approach resulting in a sustained, long-term outcome for these communities.
“We want to rebuild courts and clubhouses, stock them with equipment and then enliven them with tennis days, free coaching, competitions and social functions.
“We are in this for the long haul. These people need us around. Tennis is part and parcel of community life throughout Australia and the sport has a role to play in aiding the recovery of these fire-ravaged communities.”
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 02:11 AM   #5554
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Casey Dellacqua - News, Articles and Photos

Thought I'd start a proper thread so we don't have to post articles in makeshift tournament threads
=====================================
Dellacqua targets US Open - and pain free future
  • Tim Clarke
  • March 4, 2009
Casey Dellacqua looks on during day two of the Fed Cup. Photo: Paul Kane

Perth tennis star Casey Dellacqua is targeting the US Open in August as her comeback from shoulder surgery.
Dellacqua underwent the last-resort operation in Melbourne last Monday after the pain and discomfort she has been feeling for a year became too much after battling through the Hopman Cup, the Fed Cup and the Australian Open.
After a tournament in Dubai, where the Woodvale-born favourite was thrashed by her doubles partner Francesca Schiavone 6-1 6-1, Dellacqua decided enough was enough and submitted to the procedure to fix a posterior labral tear.
Speaking to WAtoday.com.au before returning to Perth, Dellacqua said the pain from the shoulder injury while playing and in between matches had become almost unbearable, and had not responded to any remedial treatments.
After a recuperation in WA, a rehab program in Melbourne will aim to have her comeback on target for the US Open.
"I am going to get back by about August, so it is a good six months before I can get back on tour. I want to make sure that I do all that properly," Dellacqua said.
"It started at the French Open last year and it got to the point where I had tried everything, I have done all my rehab, I have taken time off and nothing was really helping.
"It was always the last option but it was something that needed to be done - I was in a lot of pain.
"I could get out there and play but it was fairly achy and I was getting a lot of discomfort whilst playing and also after I finished playing.
"I went to Dubai and it got to the point where I could not keep going.
"I think a lot of athletes play with some kind of niggle but the constant pain is not that much fun."
Dellacqua's reality check after the highs of last season has seen her slump from her personal best world ranking of 39 to 83 prior to her injury.
A disappointing Hopman Cup and Australian Open were followed by some success by playing her part in Australia's triumph at the Fed Cup zonals at Burswood's State Tennis Centre.
But she said missing the upcoming playoff against Switzerland and the French Open and Wimbledon are major blows.
"I wanted to keep playing and I wanted to play throughout the summer, play Fed Cup for Australia," Dellacqua said.
"It just was not improving, and if I can get back by August, finish the year off really strong and be back out there playing that would be really great.
"In two weeks I will start my rehab, getting my shoulder back working again. I don’t know what the process is but I am in a sling for a few more weeks to let it settle.
"I am not going to rush it, I am going to take my time, and make sure that I do everything I need to do to be definitely ready to go."
The 24 year-old said getting the operation done now was short term pain for potential long term gain.
"I am definitely glad I had it done, because I could not have kept going the way I was," Dellacqua said.
"But for the long term and the longevity of my career - I am only 24 - to get it done now and be able to play the rest of the career out is something that was a priority for me.
"It is going to be tough, it is going to be a long rehab process but definitely one I needed to do - hopefully I will be fresh when I come back out there.
"I have got a lot more Wimbledons and French Opens to come."

==========================
At least she is being sensible.
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 08:22 AM   #5555
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Casey Dellacqua - News, Articles and Photos

I'm glad she's taking her time to let this injury heal as best as she can.

Thanks for the article Zack.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 09:57 AM   #5556
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

I miss her already. I hope she can turn her form straight back on when she gets back like Stosur and unlike Molik.

And Dellacqua is 24 already, damn, australian tennis players age so quickly. Russians just stay 19 and 20 their whole career or atleast it seems that way.
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #5557
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

I don't like her chances of returning that soon. Any labral tear usually takesmore like a year to heal properly. Shoulder injuries are very tough to come back from, I wish her all the best
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 08:03 AM   #5558
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Can she use a Special Ranking for USO?
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #5559
country flag OZTENNIS

^^^
I think special rankings are available for those who have been out of action for 6 months or more...So she might be able to use them for WTA events, but in order to use one at a Grand Slam, you need to have missed three, not two. Although if she is out longer like AUSBOY says, she will miss the US Open and get one instead for Australian Open
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #5560
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

I would rather see her stay out as long as it takes for the shoulder to heal properly. That way she can play on her protected ranking.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 05:26 AM   #5561
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Casey's New Website - caseydellacqua.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadz View Post
Yeah I just checked this out before, nice to see no photo shopped pictures

Really good website though, lots of info and videos on there.

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 01:51 AM   #5562
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future
Casey to return just before US Open

From this morning's Age:

Recovering Dellacqua comes to terms with time on sidelines
Linda Pearce

OCCASIONALLY, a fellow rail passenger on the Craigieburn line would approach the familiar-looking young woman, the one with her left arm supported by a sling. "Oh, you're Casey," they would say, before settling in for a chat about tennis, football, anything.

Casey Dellacqua is always happy to talk, as the antithesis of the sporting prima donna addicted to five-star living and courtesy-car privileges. Australia's third-best woman tennis player is staying with a friend in outer-suburban Craigieburn while rehabilitating from a shoulder reconstruction, and was a public transport regular during the weeks she was unable to drive.

Now Dellacqua has rented a car, while navigating a planned return to the circuit just before the US Open starts in August. The downside is that almost a year has been plundered from her career by the injury that first emerged at the 2008 French Open; the up, she says, is that for now there are no more hotel rooms, a break from the incessant travel. "It's nice to actually have a bit of normality and a bit of stability," Dellacqua told The Age. "I've caught the train a fair bit, and caught the tram, and it's taken me a couple of hours to get back to Craigieburn, especially in a sling it's pretty tough, but it's good.

"If I'm in tennis clothes or Target gear or something, people are going to know me a lot more, but otherwise they don't really recognise me too much. If I'm home in Perth, a lot more people know me, but here I'm just like anyone else. It's really nice to have a chat when people come over, but most of the time I'm pretty incognito, so I just feel like a normal person, and that's good, too."

She is, indeed, the natural and accessible everywoman of Australian tennis, charming her way into the national consciousness during her run to the fourth round at Melbourne Park in 2008; a French Open doubles finalist who asked to attend this month's Fed Cup tie in Mildura to support Sam Stosur, Jelena Dokic et al, chop the oranges, help in whatever way she can, stay close. There is, she knows, a danger of remaining idle for so long that she is left behind.

"I've seen the game over the last few years go up levels and levels and levels, and I've seen Sam and Alicia (Molik) who were out of the game for a long time still manage to get back into the top 100, so I'm aware of it," she said. "It's good for me to go to things like the Fed Cup and be involved with tennis and watch the girls play, just so I know where they're at and where I need to be at, so over the next few months with my training and then when I do get back out on court I know what I need to be doing to get back to that level."

It will be another 12 weeks or so before Dellacqua can resume hitting, having finally submitted to a shoulder operation in February after a painful summer that included an honourable first-round loss to Daniela Hantuchova at the Australian Open with a service action remodelled to try to relieve some of the strain.

Dellacqua had told surgeon Greg Hoy beforehand to fix whatever had to be repaired, no matter how major. And, indeed, the damage turned out to be far worse than the MRI scans had indicated, including a labral tear, further muscle damage and a bone spur. "I was a bit surprised I guess, because I wasn't expecting to have that much work done, but I was also kind of relieved, just for the fact that I'd been in a lot of pain and I didn't really know what was going on, so it was nice to know that it was all fixed," she said.

"It's going to be a long recovery, and it's going to be a long year for me, but it's going to get better and I've just got to make sure I get the rehab right and do all that, which I know I will. It was frustrating, because I'd had such a good year and I was on such a roll from Aussie Open, French, Wimbledon, but I've been pretty lucky in my career not to have had too many injuries, and I'm only 24."

Her ranking, though, is already down to 97 from its career peak of 39 last July, so her original new-year goal of a top-32 breakthrough has been replaced by the more modest ambition of a return to simple double figures. Dellacqua will be able to use a protected ranking for eight WTA tournaments and one grand slam when she returns, and knows they are opportunities not to be wasted.

"Obviously, my ranking will probably drop to almost nothing, so even though I can get into the tournaments, I'm going to be starting pretty much from scratch. I'm hoping (to be back for) the US Open, just before, but it will obviously depend on how the rehab goes. At the moment everything's on track, it's feeling great, so hopefully it stays like that."

Time is passing pleasantly enough for someone living on the other side of the continent to be closer to Hoy and physiotherapist Lyn Watson. As well as the rehabilitation, some light jogging and hours on an exercise bike, Dellacqua is reading (currently Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love), going to the movies and watching DVDs. A Carlton fanatic, she has attended training and was a guest of the club in round one, thrilled and heartened to talk shoulders with Chris Judd.

Even so, Dellacqua admits it is "pretty strange" to be away from the court. Yet although there is much that she misses, a temporary period commuting can apparently have its moments, too.

"Until you go through it I don't think you realise how much you do miss it. I miss the girls and I miss being out on tour and I miss playing tennis, but it's nice to not have to travel for a little bit. It's nice to be in Australia and have a bit of consistency and a bit of normality for a change, but when I do get back I'm going to be fresh, that's for sure."
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 07:43 AM   #5563
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Casey to return just before US Open

Nice article.

Hope things go well for her, she's got an interesting game.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 04:41 AM   #5564
country flag deepsand

deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all

i wish she was taking the train line that i take.
oh well
i'll just keep my eyes open for her in the city. :P
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #5565
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

Nice read. Casey seems like a really nice , down to earth person.