Casey Dellacqua cheering thread - Volume 1 - Page 356 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:10 AM   #5326
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future
Re: Casey's first Olympics!

5-2 down

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:16 AM   #5327
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Bad luck Casey think Azarenka was just too good for her.

Hopefully Casey can beef up her game a tad if she wants to be top 20.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #5328
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

6-2, 6-2 loss, same result as earlier this year. I was expecting better honestly even if vika is a very tough opponent. Onto to dubs now.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #5329
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_fan View Post
6-2, 6-2 loss, same result as earlier this year. I was expecting better honestly even if vika is a very tough opponent. Onto to dubs now.
I think Azarenka is a bad match up for Casey because she does everything Casey does better. She hits harder, she's faster, more consistent, better serve. It's a harsh reality, but one that we need to accept. Casey can be a top 30 player, maybe even reach the top 20-25, but anything higher would really be pushing her talents.

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:27 AM   #5330
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

41 unforced errors certainly didn't help her cause, guess she was under pressure to go for her shots.
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #5331

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg017 View Post
41 unforced errors certainly didn't help her cause, guess she was under pressure to go for her shots.
That's another thing. Against girls who hit harder than herself, Casey goes for too much too soon.

Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #5332
country flag Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowdive! View Post
That's another thing. Against girls who hit harder than herself, Casey goes for too much too soon.
amazing what pressure can do to you. casey is a good striker of the ball at times if you have ever seen her play, but yeah your right when she comes against baseline bashers who are in the Top 10 or 20 she struggles.

but she did vaidisova at IW this year who is a big hitter, just a matter of getting those big wins on a consistent basis if she wants top 20.
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:28 AM   #5333
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

41 unforced errors is way too much at this level!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #5334
country flag Ben.

Interesting thing I found out bout case in her match against Vika
It was on the ITF Olympic website:

7.04pm: Shock horror, a player took her shirt off on court! It wasn't a protest, and there was an underlayer to maintain a sense of decorum, but Australia's Casey Dellacqua found herself unable to leave the court to change a dripping shirt in her match against Victoria Azarenka. She says she asked the umpire, Ali Katebi, if she could go of court to change, but he said it wasn't allowed. She says then then asked him if she could just go behind a fence, but he refused again. So she changed it on court. Back in the 1980s, the American player Barbara Potter insisted on changing her shirt on court at Wimbledon, so whenever she wanted to do so, she had to notify the ball kids, who formed a group of four to hold up towels so the public didn't see the shirtless lady.

Oh gosh.

http://www.itftennis.com/olympics/ne...rticleid=19117
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #5335
country flag _AlbA_

_AlbA_ is a splendid one to behold _AlbA_ is a splendid one to behold _AlbA_ is a splendid one to behold _AlbA_ is a splendid one to behold _AlbA_ is a splendid one to behold _AlbA_ is a splendid one to behold _AlbA_ is a splendid one to behold _AlbA_ is a splendid one to behold _AlbA_ is a splendid one to behold _AlbA_ is a splendid one to behold _AlbA_ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

7.04pm: Shock horror, a player took her shirt off on court! It wasn't a protest, and there was an underlayer to maintain a sense of decorum, but Australia's Casey Dellacqua found herself unable to leave the court to change a dripping shirt in her match against Victoria Azarenka. She says she asked the umpire, Ali Katebi, if she could go of court to change, but he said it wasn't allowed. She says then then asked him if she could just go behind a fence, but he refused again. So she changed it on court. Back in the 1980s, the American player Barbara Potter insisted on changing her shirt on court at Wimbledon, so whenever she wanted to do so, she had to notify the ball kids, who formed a group of four to hold up towels so the public didn't see the shirtless lady.

Oh gosh.

poor Casey
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 12:04 PM   #5336
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

That's horrible

Oh bad luck on the loss Casey
Droolv is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #5337
country flag Ben.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/ne...erena-williams

Casey was furious, don't blame her really.
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #5338
country flag aussie_fan

Quote:

Oh gosh.

Geez, alicia did that as well in new york a couple of years ago, she didn't care though and for some reason it caused controvesy because she took ehr shirt off.

That's really bad though, they should be able to go off court, it happens on most wta events.

Old Aug 12th, 2008, 02:23 PM   #5339

I hate it when people in GM insinuate that Casey is ugly/overweight/unattractive. For one it's completely unjustified when she's done nothing wrong in the public eye at all, and I'm sure they would never say that to her face. And aside from that, she's a beautiful girl inside and out.

I think they need to consider that word can get around (eg. Casey's sister visiting the site), and the things they say about players can be really hurtful at times. I know that's what comes with being a professional athlete, but there is such thing as tact and compassion.

Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #5340
country flag Mr.Kardashian

Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute

This may have been posted already but:

Australian tennis player Casey Dellacqua has blasted Olympic officials for lacking common sense after she was forced into stripping down to her sports bra in front of thousands of fans in Beijing.

Dellacqua was furious after Iranian chair umpire Ali Katebi and then tournament supervisor Donna Kelso, a fellow Australian, refused to allow her to change her sweat-soaked shirt discretely without having to take a toilet break during her second-round loss to Victoria Azarenka.

"In this humidity, you should be able to change your shirt," Dellacqua said.

"I could literally feel water dripping down my legs.

"Obviously the rule is take a bathroom break, but I didn't need a bathroom break.

"Last night (in the first round), I just went around the back of the fence to change my shirt because we're playing in 100 per cent humidity and you play three games and you're sweating.

"But he wouldn't let me go off the court ...so I just thought 'oh, I'll strip'."

Dellacqua said she found it impossible to play with "sweat dripping down my leg" and urged officials to rethink the rules.

"For guys, it's okay because you can sit there and you can take your shirt off," she said.

"But for girls, you've got to be a little bit lenient. Bathroom breaks just slow the play down.

"It's horrible. I hate it when girls just take bathroom breaks for the sake of taking it, so I didn't want to do that."

Echoing the thoughts of most players, Dellacqua said the conditions in Beijing were easily the most humid she had ever experienced.

"That's the thing when we first got here that was the hardest to adapt to, the humidity," the West Australian said.

Dellacqua's 6-2 6-2 loss to the 12th-seeded Belarussian came after American fourth seed Serena Williams hammered fellow Australian Sam Stosur 6-2 6-0 in their second-round mismatch earlier on Tuesday.

A shellshocked Stosur couldn't fathom her Olympic-sized thrashing after Cyclone Serena swept past her in just 44 minutes.

"At 2-all, I was playing great," Stosur said.

"I had two really good service games, as she did, and one double-fault gives her break point. Then all of a sudden I'm 5-2 down in about two minutes and then the match is over in about another two.

"I mean, it's hard. I don't really feel as though I played badly. I made one mistake basically at that point of time and then couldn't get it back.

"Obviously against top players you can't afford to make one mistake, but it's not very often where you just absolutely get blown off the court 20 like minutes later."

Capping a forgettable night for Dellacqua, she also lost her first-round doubles match with Alicia Molik.

Dellacqua and Molik fell 6-4 6-4 to Italians Francesca Schiavone and Flavia Pennetta.

Stosur and Rennae Stubbs' scheduled first-round encounter with Czech duo Lucie Safarova and Petra Kvitova was postponed until Wednesday.
Mr.Kardashian is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread