Are we witnessing something special on centre court today? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:24 PM   #1
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
Are we witnessing something special on centre court today?

Toi be honest I have not followed women tennis for a while and just manage to catch on Wimbledon and women tennis again, I am just amazed at the quality of the Venus Maria match at the moment, I want to ask is whether the quality of tennis has been that good all year that I have been missing out a lot?
-Some player has been playing for more than 10 years

visit this thread for more detail
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=397111
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:33 PM   #2
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Venus and Maria have been in every Wimbledon final since 2000.
Those 2 and Serena. That's grass court tennis at it's best.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:36 PM   #3
country flag alexusjonesfan

alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future
it's big babe tennis at its best...but I anticipate having hearing loss issues after this match
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:37 PM   #4
country flag Iheartennis

Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all
nope because ESPN has it on delay so i can't watch.
Iheartennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #5
Cybelle Darkholme

Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartennis
nope because ESPN has it on delay so i can't watch.
No because im at work and my tivo is not working!!!! Please I hope they replay this match please!!!
The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:54 PM   #6
country flag Iheartennis

Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all Iheartennis is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
No because im at work and my tivo is not working!!!! Please I hope they replay this match please!!!
You may catch the delay. i don't think they'll replay it unless roddick is there. cause apparently you can't get enough of him. I have seen his replays way to much this slam.
Iheartennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:54 PM   #7
country flag deja_entendu

deja_entendu has a brilliant future deja_entendu has a brilliant future deja_entendu has a brilliant future deja_entendu has a brilliant future deja_entendu has a brilliant future deja_entendu has a brilliant future deja_entendu has a brilliant future deja_entendu has a brilliant future deja_entendu has a brilliant future deja_entendu has a brilliant future deja_entendu has a brilliant future
The match is not statistically very good. And Maria is quite tense. The "quality" of this match ranges from average to excellent, depending on how much you enjoy ball bashing, because while it's not the cleanest match around, they sure are hitting the cover off the ball.
deja_entendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #8
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
Cybelle, you didnt take off like the rest of us?!?!?

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:56 PM   #9
franny

franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute
Espn will replay the match. But right now, I must say, Venus is playing too well for Maria. Theres just nothing she can do. Venus looks to be playing some of her best ball and though I'm such a huge Sharapova fan, I must say that it's nice to see.
no i am not talking about a racket or a squirrel, i am talking about the former and future number 1..............
martina hingis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Justine Henin Hardenne, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce, and any of my other favorites that I might have forgotten about at this moment.
franny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:57 PM   #10
country flag Spunky83

Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen
it's big babe tennis at its best...but I anticipate having hearing loss issues after this match
True ....it´s amazing what those two are doing on the court, but the sound is just

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana

M-A2R0T0I6N-A
Spunky83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #11
country flag alexusjonesfan

alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky83
True ....it´s amazing what those two are doing on the court, but the sound is just
I can't imagine what it'd be like to sit in the front row
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #12
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
amazingly high quality
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #13
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
But I think were missing something special on Court 1 though.

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #14
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.
But I think were missing something special on Court 1 though.
I think ESPN is airing the match after nbc is over
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #15
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja_entendu
The match is not statistically very good. And Maria is quite tense. The "quality" of this match ranges from average to excellent, depending on how much you enjoy ball bashing, because while it's not the cleanest match around, they sure are hitting the cover off the ball.
I'll take Venus' stats because she is leading.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote