Japan Open grade-1 3rd Round and Quarter Final Results - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 12:48 PM   #1
country flag lin

lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice
Japan Open grade-1 3rd Round and Quarter Final Results

3rd Round Results

Welford(AUS) def. (1)Bauer(NED) 1-6 6-3 6-2
(6)Liu(USA) def. (12)Chan(TPE) 7-5 6-3
(3)Sharapova(RUS) def. Hisami(JPN) 6-1 6-1
(8)Miseviciute(LUT) def. (11)Laosirichon(THA) 6-1 6-2
Fuda(JPN) def. Lukaszewicz(AUS) 6-2 6-1
(4)Babos(HUN) def. (13)Julianto(INA) 6-2 6-4
(5)Tamaela(NED) def. Giltinan(AUS) 6-1 6-2
(2)Hsieh(TPE) def. Cupac 6-4 6-2

Quarter Final Results

(6)Liu(USA) def. Welford(AUS) 6-3 6-3
(3)Sharapova(RUS) def. (8)Miseviciute(LUT) 6-4 6-2
(4)Babos(HUN) def. Fuda(JPN) 6-4 6-1
(2)Hsieh(TPE) def. (5)Tamaela(NED) 6-4 6-4

Last edited by lin : Apr 12th, 2002 at 04:37 PM.
lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 04:26 PM   #2
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Good luck to Amber and Su-Wei in the SF.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2002, 05:05 PM   #3
country flag ganymedeyu

ganymedeyu has much to be proud of ganymedeyu has much to be proud of ganymedeyu has much to be proud of ganymedeyu has much to be proud of ganymedeyu has much to be proud of ganymedeyu has much to be proud of ganymedeyu has much to be proud of ganymedeyu has much to be proud of ganymedeyu has much to be proud of ganymedeyu has much to be proud of ganymedeyu has much to be proud of
congras Su-Wei.......

Poor Chin-Wei

Su-Wei Hsieh/Chia-Jung Chuang/Chin-Wei Chan/Yi Chen

Yung-Jan Chan/I-Hsuan Hwang/Wen-Hsin Hsu/Kai-Chen Chang

Ting-Fei Juan / Hua-Chen Lee / Shu-Ying / Hao-Chin / Yui-Lynn / Ya-Hsuen
Go Taiwan Girls
ganymedeyu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2002, 07:01 PM   #4
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to Amber, Maria, and Su-Wei for getting this far! Good luck to them in the semis.

It'll most likely be a rematch of Sharapova/Hsieh.
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2002, 07:04 PM   #5
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Maria keeps mowing them down! Russian Lynx style! The change in countries and all that travel can'r slow Maria down. Udachi Maria!
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2002, 08:45 PM   #6
Izzy

Izzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Maria Sharapova

Maria is on a roll.

P.S. Hello Cat. From Hoytie.
Izzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:49 AM   #7
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Good Luck Amber and Su-wei !
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 09:09 AM   #8
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
well done Masha and good luck girl
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 01:43 PM   #9
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck in the final, Maria! Su Wei is very tough. Maria needs to be ready for a long match. But Su Wei is also in the doubles final. So that may drain Su Wei of some energy.

After their 2002 junior Australian Open semifinal, in which Maria defeated Su Wei in three grueling sets, Maria said in her interview that she only played at 50%. And that if she plays better the next time she plays Su Wei, she'll beat her "easy". I was surprised Maria said that. She is a very confident girl. Let's see if she can back it up. Udachi Maria!

Hello Izzy/Hoytie! What brings you here? Glad to have you.
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 01:59 PM   #10
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
cat,

Maria's comments that, to you, reflect confidence, to me, reflect rudeness and a lack of any sensitivity whatsoever to the feelings of her opponent.

Because of Maria's age, it woudl be ridiculous to hold it against her, but I hope she will soon learn to tone down this type of remark about how superior she is to her opponent. It was this very type of comment that turned so many people against the young Williams sisters (who have now become very gracious).

And it makes me root for Su-Wei all the more, knowing that Maria publicly put her down in this manner.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 02:43 PM   #11
the cat

You're getting carried away, Janie! I was just showing how confident Maria is. She was taught to be confident at Bollettieri's. Maria is not a mean spirited girls at all. Mari did not intend to put down Su Wei at all. I can assure you of that. Maria was very complimentary of Su Wei in that interview. Sayng how tough she is, and how much Su Wei has improved. Maria is not like what you think she is. I'm sorry if I mis-represented Maria to you. Okay?
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 02:52 PM   #12
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
cat,

If you beat someone and then avow that you were only playing HALF as well as normally, that is NOT a compliment to the player you beat!

But don't worry, cat, I am not taking it too seriously. I was already rooting for little Su-Wei, who is a fave of mine.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 03:35 PM   #13
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute
I hope Maria knows Su-Wei didn't play her best either! She had so many chances, if she took them she would've won easily!
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 03:41 PM   #14
the cat

I think Su Wei is going to be very tough for Maria to beat. Su Wei has great speed and court coverage. She gets alot of balls back. Which makes things tough for her opponents.

Janie, I also said Maria complimented Su Wei. I hope you change your mind and root for Maria.
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:08 PM   #15
country flag lin

lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice
I know Maria complimented Su-Wei, but I don't want janie change your mind and root for Maria this time .
lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote