When was your first Sabine match? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #1
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light
When was your first Sabine match?

Mine was Wimbledon 2011, my first year of really following tennis- and this striking blonde made her way out to Centre Court and clashed with Na Li. I was completely in awe of this huge serve and beautiful German. And today I was in the same room, watching the same tv and the same court. What about you guys?

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #2
country flag Poldo

Poldo is a splendid one to behold Poldo is a splendid one to behold Poldo is a splendid one to behold Poldo is a splendid one to behold Poldo is a splendid one to behold Poldo is a splendid one to behold Poldo is a splendid one to behold Poldo is a splendid one to behold Poldo is a splendid one to behold Poldo is a splendid one to behold Poldo is a splendid one to behold
Re: When was your first Sabine match?

I think my first Sabine Match was against Safina in Melbourne 2008.
Poldo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #3
country flag BoomBoomLisicki

BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all

Same for me,Li Na Wimbledon 2011 wish it had been earlier but still what a roller coaster since then
BoomBoomLisicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #4
country flag maurysicki

maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice

For me also from the match ag Na Li. I knew her since 2009 but was not among my favorites. Then she had the injury in 2010, and disappeared from my radar. In 2011 refind her in RG and start to get a bit of interested in her. But with the match against Li Na she entered with force in my life and now ... Only Sabine!
maurysicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #5
country flag BoomBoomLisicki

BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all

It's amazing how many fans she gained in that one match against Li Na
BoomBoomLisicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #6
country flag Bine_Sabine

Bine_Sabine has a spectacular aura about Bine_Sabine has a spectacular aura about Bine_Sabine has a spectacular aura about Bine_Sabine has a spectacular aura about Bine_Sabine has a spectacular aura about Bine_Sabine has a spectacular aura about Bine_Sabine has a spectacular aura about Bine_Sabine has a spectacular aura about Bine_Sabine has a spectacular aura about Bine_Sabine has a spectacular aura about Bine_Sabine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maartenround View Post
Mine was Wimbledon 2011, my first year of really following tennis- and this striking blonde made her way out to Centre Court and clashed with Na Li. I was completely in awe of this huge serve and beautiful German. And today I was in the same room, watching the same tv and the same court. What about you guys?
This is eerily similar to mine. I've watched so many matches since, some of them epic but I've also seen her lose to some pretty poor players and play some awful tennis (mainly due to injury/illness)at some mickey mouse tournaments and that's what makes moments like this extra special. Really puts this final into perspective. She's come so far and through so much. I'll be so proud of her even if she loses the final 6-0 6-0 (Lets hope she doesn't though)
Bine_Sabine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #7
country flag Dave86

Dave86 is just really nice Dave86 is just really nice Dave86 is just really nice Dave86 is just really nice Dave86 is just really nice Dave86 is just really nice Dave86 is just really nice Dave86 is just really nice Dave86 is just really nice Dave86 is just really nice Dave86 is just really nice

For me it was the final in Charleston 2009. I instantly became a fan of her
Dave86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #8
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

I've just mentioned mine elsewhere

I live in Jersey, and there was an ITF event in October 2007 at Les Ormes
A friend of mine invited me along, so I went. I wasn't expecting much as I hadn't heard of the finalists...P Martic vs S Lisicki

This young woman walked on with a big smile, purple dress and incredible legs - I was captivated by her
The match was littered with mistakes and service breaks, but smiling Sabine hit some amazing winners & she was so happy to win

I have followed her ever since & would love to know if she remembers us guys in Jersey
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #9
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

I also just posted mine on the Sabine on Grass thread. It was Charleston of 2009, when she not only won the title but replaced Caroline as my favorite player. I remember being confused during the first set, pulling for Caro but realizing I couldn't pull against the infectious blonde on the other side. By the second set I was already pulling for Sabine and after she finally won match point (after six tries if I remember correctly), I was jumping up and down and had completely forgotten that Caro had lost. Sabine's celebration seemed more fitting for winning Wimbledon, but it was so genuine I was hooked for good.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #10
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

My first real Sabine's match when I was started cheering her was 2009 Charleston 4th round against Venus. She played brilliantly there, I feel she has a big talent and big game which I absolutely love - crushing serve, strong groundstrokes and a bit of variety like dropshots or lobs. I just fell in love with her tennis and with her as a person

Even first time where I saw her on MD draw, probably AO 08 - I didn't know anything about her, didn't even know how's she looking like I wondered - she has a polish name, I will start to keep an eye on her - and that's how it started

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #11
country flag Lisickinator

Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future

Charleston 2009

But dunno which match. Maybe vs Bartoli?

An accent is not an apostrophe.
Lisickinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #12
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Wimbledon 2011 vs. Li and also the first tennis match that i watched since Graf and Becker.
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #13
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

Hey maartenround, thanks for making this thread! I was thinking about doing the same thing earlier

Well, the first match involving Sabine for me happened in January 2009. I found her completely by random chance. I was browsing through the satellite and came upon the Hopman Cup playing on tennis channel. It was a doubles match between Germany & USA.

I knew who all the players were right away except for one, Sabine. She was having so much fun out there on the court. Smiling, laughing, giggling, etc. Then it comes time for her to serve. OMG, she's got a cannon for a serve!! I'm saying, "who is this girl?" After seeing her mighty forehand and booming serve, I wondered how she'd match up against one of the Williams sisters.

Anyway, I went and did a quick internet search of her name between commercials and I found out a little more about her. By the time she made it to Charleston and won her first wta title, I was hooked. It may sound silly, but she's the only female player I follow. I just can't seem to find another favorite after I found Sabine.
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #14
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetennis View Post
Hey maartenround, thanks for making this thread! I was thinking about doing the same thing earlier

Well, the first match involving Sabine for me happened in January 2009. I found her completely by random chance. I was browsing through the satellite and came upon the Hopman Cup playing on tennis channel. It was a doubles match between Germany & USA.

I knew who all the players were right away except for one, Sabine. She was having so much fun out there on the court. Smiling, laughing, giggling, etc. Then it comes time for her to serve. OMG, she's got a cannon for a serve!! I'm saying, "who is this girl?" After seeing her mighty forehand and booming serve, I wondered how she'd match up against one of the Williams sisters.

Anyway, I went and did a quick internet search of her name between commercials and I found out a little more about her. By the time she made it to Charleston and won her first wta title, I was hooked. It may sound silly, but she's the only female player I follow. I just can't seem to find another favorite after I found Sabine.
No problem - great minds think alike

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #15
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of

My first match of her was Berlin german Open Qualifying 2005. She played Panova and destroyed her 1 1/2 sets. Sabine was ranked #979 in the world and Panova #89. And this was also the first drama. Panova took the "winning ugly" option in the second set complaining balls, taking toilet breaks and so on. Sabine lost her rhythm, reacted very emotional and finally lost the match because of that.

But this was the moment I became a fan of her...
chaton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote