New Grand Slam Winner this year - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #1
reyrey

reyrey is just really nice reyrey is just really nice reyrey is just really nice reyrey is just really nice reyrey is just really nice reyrey is just really nice reyrey is just really nice reyrey is just really nice reyrey is just really nice reyrey is just really nice reyrey is just really nice
New Grand Slam Winner this year

With Justine and Serena out, who would be the new winner
a) Davenport- No. 1 in the world and may be waiting to go out like Pete Sampras
b) Sharapova- Defending champion and wants to prove that her win was no fluke.
c) Amelie M. -Ultimate choker but have the talent to win the title
d) Svetlana K. - first the reign FO champ was upset, then the AO champ was defeated, will she be next
e) Elena D. -last year she seems to always be the bridesmaid (FO, USO, and 2000 Olympics), can she prove that she can be the star and a grace covers like Maria S.
f) Myskina- for all of the talk that she was going to be no. 1 this season, can she finally get over her personal problems and win GS #2
g) Pierce- First AO in 1995, then FO in 2000, its 2005 now will she keep her trend.
h) Venus- Venus never play her best in the first week so her best tennis may not have shown, but there is no doubt she wants to win this one.
i)Kim- With one demon out (Justine), all she have to do is get rid of her 2 demons (Lindsay and Venus) and the hex is over.
reyrey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #2
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute
Venus or Pierce.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 12:07 AM   #3
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
Myskina

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 12:12 AM   #4
country flag lucashg

lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future
Clijsters or Mauresmo.

Justine Henin

Proud member of Justine's Philistines Society™
"There's a bit of Justine in all of us"
lucashg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 12:40 AM   #5
country flag slydevil6142

slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of
Kim- if she can beat Davenport and not have to play Venus in the final she should win..... with that said I think its going to be either Maria, Venus, Davenport, or Kim
Queen of Grass: Venus Williams
7 time grand slam champion, Olympic Champion,
The Tour Standard! .... still haha!

Last edited by slydevil6142 : Jun 26th, 2005 at 12:45 AM.
slydevil6142 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 12:43 AM   #6
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Any of the above can do that. Even Pierce. If someone takes out Sharapova. Which can happen. If it is not Sharapova, someone will have to be the finalist from the depleted bottom half.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 12:43 AM   #7
country flag StarDuvallGrant
Golden State Of Mind

StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute
I'm feeling a Clijsters coming on.
StarDuvallGrant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 01:25 AM   #8
country flag Babolatpro880
Team WTAworld

Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute
Go Kim
Babolatpro880 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 01:27 AM   #9
country flag azmad_88

azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute
haha..i knew it..TOP DRAW will be nicer than the BOTTOM DRAW...i see maria in the final from bottom...
top draw ... so tough to call

Petra Kvitova - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Li Na - Sloane Stephens - Madison Keys

Will Always Love Kim Clijsters and Elena Dementieva
azmad_88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 01:29 AM   #10
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute
Go Maria!

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia
xan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 01:43 AM   #11
country flag JPrince

JPrince has a brilliant future JPrince has a brilliant future JPrince has a brilliant future JPrince has a brilliant future JPrince has a brilliant future JPrince has a brilliant future JPrince has a brilliant future JPrince has a brilliant future JPrince has a brilliant future JPrince has a brilliant future JPrince has a brilliant future
And the winner of the 2005 Wimbledon title this year is: Amelie Mauresmo
JPrince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 02:40 AM   #12
country flag MissJessou

MissJessou has much to be proud of MissJessou has much to be proud of MissJessou has much to be proud of MissJessou has much to be proud of MissJessou has much to be proud of MissJessou has much to be proud of MissJessou has much to be proud of MissJessou has much to be proud of MissJessou has much to be proud of MissJessou has much to be proud of MissJessou has much to be proud of
Clijsters or Davenport.. I think the winner of this match have great chances to win the tournement!

GO KIM!

.:.Anna Kournikova.:.
MissJessou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 04:51 AM   #13
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
sharapova, davenport and clijsters imo are now the ones to beat, the ones with the best chance. can never be sure with venus because she can play a couple good matches then play a terrible one. but with the way the tournament has gone so far i think most matches from now on especially top 10s vs top 10s will be quite tough and hard to pick a winner. also have sveta, mauresmo, petrova and pierce and dementieva and myskina. but i think sharapova will probably win it, she has an easier draw the the final than the others in the top half.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 05:01 AM   #14
country flag ~ The Leopard ~

~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute
Funny how Maria's half was supposedly so much tougher, just a few days ago.
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 05:30 AM   #15
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute
Nadia.
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote