Can Sharapova become #1 if she wins and davenport loses to kim? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #1
country flag mrush2004

mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice
Can Sharapova become #1 if she wins and davenport loses to kim?

I'm not sure about the #'s but if Masha wins the title will she be able to get #1 or no cause she wont get enough quality points if Davenport loses against kim?
mrush2004 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2005, 08:21 PM   #2
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute
No. She needed the quality points from Serena. Sharapova won't play a player in the top 10 on her way to the finals. She might even lose quality points from last year since at least she beat Lindsay on her way to the finals.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 08:23 PM   #3
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeknowitall
No. She needed the quality points from Serena. Sharapova won't play a player in the top 10 on her way to the finals. She might even lose quality points from last year since at least she beat Lindsay on her way to the finals.
Petrova should be in the Top 10 still.

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 08:24 PM   #4
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure Maria doesn't care. She just wants title #2.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 08:33 PM   #5
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady
Petrova should be in the Top 10 still.
Yeah I forgot about her and remember as I came back to see how other people responded to what I said. Still. Lindsay was ranked 5 and seeded 5 last year. Petrova is ranked 8 and seeded 8. Sharapova will still lose points.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 08:36 PM   #6
country flag lucashg

lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future
If Kim beats Davenport, I expect her to win the title. If Sharapova makes the final but doesn't win it, I think Davenport will still be #1.

But if Davenport defeats Clijsters, she'll roll onto the finals... and though Sharapova can still win the title, she certainly won't be #1.

Justine Henin

Proud member of Justine's Philistines Society™
"There's a bit of Justine in all of us"
lucashg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 08:41 PM   #7
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeknowitall
Yeah I forgot about her and remember as I came back to see how other people responded to what I said. Still. Lindsay was ranked 5 and seeded 5 last year. Petrova is ranked 8 and seeded 8. Sharapova will still lose points.
Plus the points they gave for Serena were like beating #2!

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #8
jenglisbe

jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold
Mariah should overtake #1 during the summer season, anyway. Lindsay has a slew of points to defend, while Maria doesn't have much to defend until September.
carried the weight on my own
Had to be strong
so I believed
and now I know I've succeeded
in finding the place I conceived
jenglisbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 10:27 PM   #9
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
A second Wimbledon title is more important than #1 ranking at the moment. #1 Rankig will come in the next couple of months for sure.

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote